[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

14 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Anyone here went to the watch party at Rogers? 

I did! It was alot of fun with tons of families having a great time.

We definitely rocked the place and blew the roof off Rogers Arena.:towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Button is Oiler's regular.  He is very much pro-Oiler fan boy.  Not a problem for CBC since that is their position anyway.

I love hearing opinions from guys that couldn’t cut it as GMs in the NHL. Can’t wait until Benning, Chia pet, and Milbury, are brought in for their words of wisdom.

On  second thought……. Maybe not. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pycnotic said:

the can’t rationalize it, no way the league can suspend one with out the other, that’s why I think it will be fines and move on, most of this outrage was driven by eastern media anyway

i agree with you, how can they possibly suspend one guy and not the other.  Both cross checks, Hyman's had at least the same motivation behind it, and you can argue that Soucy's wasnt as bad because McDavid was on his way down from being hit by Z ..Hyman directly targeted Z's face.  League will show its colors here if they only pick out Soucy...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

So I live in the Pittsburgh area, the games are really late at night. Sadly I start work at 7a M-F. My wife and I have two young sons, but they’re 6 and 4 so it’s not like they’re babies who need lots of care in the middle of the night.  I’ve stayed up real late for a few of the Canucks playoff games, but I definitely feel it the next day.

Guys and girls, convince me with compelling arguments why I should stay up way late in the eastern time zone to watch the rest of the Canucks playoff games 🙂

I used to live in Eastern time zone before and missed a lot of Canucks game.  If you do have PVR, use it and shut out all noise, no radio, no internet and watch the game whenever you can in the morning before you get on internet, radio, TV etc.  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, kakanucks said:

I did! It was alot of fun with tons of families having a great time.

We definitely rocked the place and blew the roof off Rogers Arena.:towel:

Same here, it was such a blast. You could feel the energy and excitement in the building

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Fact is, while it was a cross check, it was not aimed at his head...

He went down because of Z's cross check in the back, so there were no intend to hit him in the face...

He may get a game, which would only be because its McD, as have been said before Hogs got his nuts handed to him, and nothing...

I hope, I'm wrong, but I'm starting smell a bit of 2011 here... Hope its not so... TSN all calling for suspensions, and I wonder if the league wants a McD v. MacKinnon Western final for show case reasons...  If we have to go through that shit one more time.... not sure I can handle it...

Hope the bury McD next game... I don't even care if they lose the game, just nail his ass once an for all... 

With ya Spook.  Was listening to a Nashville Preds reporter saying as much on NHL radio. He said that NHL wants star power or Major markets in the final. Then he emphasized. NOT Vancouver. 

This guy doesn’t do my thinking for me. It’s plain to see what the NHL wants, based on how the games are called, who gets disciplined and who gets a pass.

I want my Canucks to give the NHL the big middle finger. and power their way through all the BS. I would love to see a Canucks Rags final. 1994 grudge match. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nobigneil said:

Same here, it was such a blast. You could feel the energy and excitement in the building

I would highly recommend people to go to any next ones (hopefully round 3). For $20, you get the playoff towels, goal horns and announcements, intermission entertainments, lots of ways to win prizes (happy for the kid in chains winning 2 playoff tickets for just dancing and having fun!).

Just a super fun way to enjoy a game with thousands of other fans.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Just in; 

meh, writing was on the wall. if situation was reversed and it was quinn or petey taking it in the mush, I'd want the same, accident or not.

no biggie.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We all knew this was going to happen.  Now what needs to happen is Juulsen needs to pay back the Oilers with some devastating hits, hits that hurt.  Watch out Draisaitl, you are next...

Just completely lean into his back. Put the full body weight on him. 

• ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

now let’s wait and see for Hyman, then we can riot 

Hyman ain't getting anything. They would have announced it by now.

Toch comment was squarely calling the DoPS out on its blatant favoritism. They are put on notice. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We all knew this was going to happen.  Now what needs to happen is Juulsen needs to pay back the Oilers with some devastating hits, hits that hurt.  Watch out Draisaitl, you are next...

Draisaitl prefers entries down the right wing - he's Zad's target.  Juuls will get McD barrelling down the left wing. He's got to be spot on with his timing else he'll do himself some damage against the boards

• Cheers 2