[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

So...

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Myers

Cole - Juulsen

Got to try and protect that bottom pairing with the Lindholm line. Miller's line try and stick with one of the top-2 pairings. You know we're going to ice the puck a lot and McDavid is going to get out there when Juulsen is on the ice. He better not go hunting for big hits or he'll get caught out of position. The Oilers will surely try and expose this so I for one hope Juulsen just sits back, doesn't try to throw any hits and stay in position all night. Give him 15 minutes and let Myers and Hronek take the bulk of the RD minutes.

• Like 2

So, the NHL Player Safety DID review the sucker punch from Sam Bennett to Brad Marchand.  And they determined it to be a "hockey play".  You can't make this shit up if you tried.  Since when is deliberately punching somebody in the face considered a "hockey play"?  These guys are nuts.  I would lawyer up if I were Marchand.  Take this to the courts. 

A hockey play?  Are you fucking kidding me?

2 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Sure Soucy is missing one game, but Juulsen has a much more physical style than Soucy and played solid D this season. As long as Juulsen can stay out of the box, I don't mind the switch for 1 game.

Juulsen hasn't played in weeks. He will play the right side behind Hronek and Meyers. Is Meyers nursing an injury? My point being is that the Oilers will likely target Juulsen's side. Media is roasting the Oiler bottom 6 so they will come out hitting. Juulsen should not be head hunting but just play his strong d-side game. He is good in front of the net but the Oilers like to dance around so it will be tough. On the bright side if the Oiler bottom six go physical the Canucks might get lots of PP time. Canuck PP has looked very strong. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, 24K said:

Just completely lean into his back. Put the full body weight on him. 

I think Juulsen can do it.  He's a heavy hitter, even moreso that Zadorov given his size.  Sometimes he is late on the hit, that's his problem.  If he times the hit perfectly he can take Draisaitl out legally...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, the NHL Player Safety DID review the sucker punch from Sam Bennett to Brad Marchand.  And they determined it to be a "hockey play".  You can't make this shit up if you tried.  Since when is deliberately punching somebody in the face considered a "hockey play"?  These guys are nuts.  I would lawyer up if I were Marchand.  Take this to the courts. 

A hockey play?  Are you fucking kidding me?

Think Soucy also got suspended due to DoPS trying to cover their ass after this debacle of a ruling. 

They needed to show that they do something. 

Edited by 24K
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hyman should be suspended one game too for his high stick.

there was no hearing announced so don't hold your breath. 

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I'd really, really like to agree with you - BUT - they' purposely traded for that Lind-🏠 guy specifically to play with him and it failed.  He's played numerous times with Quinn and no difference, and has been re-united onto the lotto-line a number of times without sucess.   

SO - I'm not sure what they do now.    He's either injured, afraid, or this is what we get for $11,000,000.00 Million in post season from him.      I really hope he improves like we all do! 

So you don’t know that they got Lindy to play a top 9 instead of a top 6? 

Petey, Miller and Lindy is three 1sr C players. 
Why should they play them on the same line unless it’s absolutely a must.

16 hours ago, IBatch said:

This and Drybaby and McWhiner having to play 30 minutes a game is going to come at a cost for them ... expect to see them limping something during Game 4. 

DryBaby coming over for asleep over next game..

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well our team should appeal that call

I don't think that's how it works. 

Edited by tas

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

What, you can't appeal?

I don't think teams get to campaign after the fact for retroactive supplemental discipline. 

I hope Juulsen can rise to the occasion. He looked great for some stretches this season, but then started looking slow and took some penalties. I'm a little concerned since he hasn't played a game in the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Juulsen hasn't played in weeks. He will play the right side behind Hronek and Meyers. Is Meyers nursing an injury? My point being is that the Oilers will likely target Juulsen's side. Media is roasting the Oiler bottom 6 so they will come out hitting. Juulsen should not be head hunting but just play his strong d-side game. He is good in front of the net but the Oilers like to dance around so it will be tough. On the bright side if the Oiler bottom six go physical the Canucks might get lots of PP time. Canuck PP has looked very strong. 

Juulsen needs to just focus on playing his assigned zones and let the play/hits come to him. The problem he had against the preds is that he wanted to get involved too much; cost the team in Pred PPs and being out of position. He just needs to play the way he did all year and we'll be fine. TBH, I hope he looks good, and we can give Cole a couple games of rest. He is looking tired; father time never loses.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1