[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What, you can't appeal?

Not for 1 game. Completely pointless given the timeline and the fact so salary is involved due the playoffs. 

This sucks. Saucy wasn't having the greatest series. But we aren't as deep without him. The win one lose one streak started and ended when Saucy got injured and came back. 

Dammit. No more rough stuff at the end of the game. Imagine we lost Zadorov for a game 

1 hour ago, Darius said:

im trying to think of how they wil (or not) distinguish between these two cross checks?  Hyman's was purely in retaliation and just as dangerous  you would think.  This is like a goalie interference call where you have no idea what they will decide....

Yeah lets hear... It wasn't on McD so there is always that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

This sucks. Saucy wasn't having the greatest series. But we aren't as deep without him. The win one lose one streak started and ended when Saucy got injured and came back. 

Dammit. No more rough stuff at the end of the game. Imagine we lost Zadorov for a game 

Yeah I was more afraid they gonna suspend Zadorov. 

4 minutes ago, Wing said:

I hope Juulsen can rise to the occasion. He looked great for some stretches this season, but then started looking slow and took some penalties. I'm a little concerned since he hasn't played a game in the playoffs. 

Yes he has - he played against Nashville and had a bit of a tough outing which will definitely motivate him for a disciplined but punishing game on his part! 

so how does Hyman escape all this...not even a fine...  It was a retaliatory hit that targeted Zadorov's head after the McDavid incident.  

regarding Juulsen : we have seen him play many solid games.  Canucks have a solid system/structure in place.  If he doesnt go out of his way and lose position to make hits he will be fine.  Hes even a good PKer imho..

• Like 2

I'll accept the one game suspension.... not overly bad. 

move on and hit-em harder next game

• Upvote 1

Having Juulsen in is nerve racking.. he's solid when he plays a simple game but when he tries to do too much or gets pressured.. he takes bad penalties or makes bad plays in the defensive zone.  I hope he keeps it simple.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

It wasn’t a losing streak it was 0.500 hockey for a short spell. Even if it were a problem, we already lead the series

1 minute ago, Darius said:

so how does Hyman escape all this...not even a fine...  It was a retaliatory hit that targeted Zadorov's head after the McDavid incident.  

regarding Juulsen : we have seen him play many solid games.  Canucks have a solid system/structure in place.  If he doesnt go out of his way and lose position to make hits he will be fine.  Hes even a good PKer imho..

If they suspended Hyman, the Oilers might as well not show up. No way the league is gonna handicap their golden child (in Canada anyways). 

But this is the 2nd egg in DoPS face in less than 24h. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, quattrob said:

Having Juulsen in is nerve racking.. he's solid when he plays a simple game but when he tries to do too much or gets pressured.. he takes bad penalties or makes bad plays in the defensive zone.  I hope he keeps it simple.

I mean we can always activate Elias Petterson. 😆

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

I want to see literally anyone try to rationalize this.  The league, the media, Edm fans… whoever.  
Straight up hypocrisy is what it is.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Pointless?!

I beg to differ

It is pointless cause by the time appeal is heard, game 4 would already be done. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sorry!

Disregard my comment above - apparently gramma needs another cup of coffee to get through the day because she misread what you wrote. 

Good recall on it being when Soucy went down that that 0.500 spell started. Thankfully it’s just one game! 

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Love that interview. The discussion on Beoser can't be understated. He has transformed himself from a one dimensional lazy player (Draisatl) to a guy you want out defending a lead in an odd man situation...unbelievable! RT is about the best thing that could have ever happened to this team; systems win championships. Imagine if PA and him were hired in Edm and what they could have achieved.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, quattrob said:

nothing wrong with Juulz whose game has been elevated with this coaching staff,.  He hits like a Tank ,   And to be honest ,

take one of Hyman, Draistyl or McD out with a solid check ,.  The Oilers are done .

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Juulsen needs to just focus on playing his assigned zones and let the play/hits come to him. The problem he had against the preds is that he wanted to get involved too much; cost the team in Pred PPs and being out of position. He just needs to play the way he did all year and we'll be fine. TBH, I hope he looks good, and we can give Cole a couple games of rest. He is looking tired; father time never loses.

the difference is the preds knew how to play professional hockey. 

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Pointless?!

I beg to differ

Its pointless bc Soucy already had a chance to defend himself. He got the lightest suspension possible, not multiple games (which one would possibly appeal). It was never going to be a fine once a hearing was set.

• Cheers 1