[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

1 minute ago, tas said:

the difference is the preds knew how to play professional hockey. 

Defensively yes, but the McDrai line can make you pay QUICK on a mistake.

46 minutes ago, Ralph. said:

This. And you know what? I don't think we skip a beat.

We'll move Cole back to the left side where he plays better anyway, slot in Juul on the right. We'll take both in Edmonton and finish them off in 5 at home.

And Deb will smack McD one with her cowbell to sign off the series. 🙂

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

I love hearing opinions from guys that couldn’t cut it as GMs in the NHL. Can’t wait until Benning, Chia pet, and Milbury, are brought in for their words of wisdom.

On  second thought……. Maybe not. 

I actually got him mixed up with Gene Principe.

As much as he torched the Canucks Gretz was a class act unlike this excrement. 

This is absolute trash from who the league looks at as it’s biggest star.  Cannot understand how anyone would want to cheer for this garbage.

B2E94B8F-DF09-43BC-91EE-8DE7FD164541.jpeg

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The Zad fine and Soucy suspension is the cost of doing business with the Oilers. 

Necessary pushback. Had to happen..

Keep punishing them at every opportunity. 

Zads would have been the big lose. The Oilers are actually scared to engage him for the most part; passive rubs and stick checks is all he gets. 

Soucy has been great, and we will miss him on the PK. Having said that, the dropoff to regular season Juulsen is minimal. He will be a fixture (with Soucy probably) on the 3rd pair next year.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I want to see literally anyone try to rationalize this.  The league, the media, Edm fans… whoever.  
Straight up hypocrisy is what it is.

nobody will entertain that discussion, it will be swept under the rug everytime when brought up. At most you will hear it was a McDavid on the receiving end versus Zadorov. And this is where I would love to see Juice just call it as it is on the panel and see them all squirm and clench lol.

Funny as Hyman had intent to hit the face and Soucy hit the face unintentionally but who cares right ?

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ralph. said:

This. And you know what? I don't think we skip a beat.

We'll move Cole back to the left side where he plays better anyway, slot in Juul on the right. We'll take both in Edmonton and finish them off in 5 at home.

This^. Just glad that Soucy didn’t get the Aaron Rome special. 

He’ll be back for game 5, fresh and ready to be hard to play against.

I just hope that Juuls doesn’t take himself out of position, looking to deliver big hits. 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

nothing wrong with Juulz whose game has been elevated with this coaching staff,.  He hits like a Tank ,   And to be honest ,

take one of Hyman, Draistyl or McD out with a solid check ,.  The Oilers are done .

They better remind him to hit clean 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The Zad fine and Soucy suspension is the cost of doing business with the Oilers. 

Necessary pushback. Had to happen..

Keep punishing them at every opportunity. 

But it is a very big detail the Canucks just got screwed on and the cost of doing business with the Oilers was winning against them and Soucy responding to McDavid going after him at the whistle. Its not ok for the team to just lose a top four dman, its a joke. There should be no cost of doing business is the point.

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

nobody will entertain that discussion, it will be swept under the rug everytime when brought up. At most you will hear it was a McDavid on the receiving end versus Zadorov. And this is where I would love to see Juice just call it as it is on the panel and see them all squirm and clench lol.

Funny as Hyman had intent to hit the face and Soucy hit the face unintentionally but who cares right ?

Fans should continue to talk about it and repost the footage.  It may not change anything immediately but the double standard should be pointed out.

Props to RT for casually bringing it up!

• Cheers 1

Interesting article from Justin Bourne on "Ice Tilt" and how the discrepancy of shots on goal, isn't necessarily as bad as it might look to the casual observer.....nor is Vancouver an outlier, as JB points out in the article:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ice-tilt-when-the-canucks-are-ok-with-oilers-controlling-play/

TMI to quote the entire article and posting snippets won't convey the overall gist. Worth a read, IMHO....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

@RupertKBD Agreed!

I honestly thought I was the only one who saw it. I think the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the movie for the first time is "Wow! That Mayor looks exactly like Craig Button!"

Didn't say it out loud of course, my kids think I'm weird enough as it is....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I honestly thought I was the only one who saw it. I think the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the movie for the first time is "Wow! That Mayor looks exactly like Craig Button!"

Didn't say it out loud of course, my kids think I'm weird enough as it is....

Especially because Button and the World Juniors and holidays times for watching the Grinch line up every year! I hear ya haha!

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Go Zad…

GoJuuls… 

Lay out some Oiler scum…

McBaby Drysaddle Kane watch your back… 

Preferrential treatment isn’t going to stop us…

you are going down in 5 games…

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

26 minutes ago, Nooks said:

As much as he torched the Canucks Gretz was a class act unlike this excrement. 

This is absolute trash from who the league looks at as it’s biggest star.  Cannot understand how anyone would want to cheer for this garbage.

B2E94B8F-DF09-43BC-91EE-8DE7FD164541.jpeg

I hate McDavid but his slash to Soucys upper thigh would’ve resulted in a Charlie horse at best. Soucy got a slash back and the cross check was overboard. Emotions are running high in this series and honestly, a 1 game suspension is a great trade off for a free smack on McDavid and a way to assert dominance in this series. Love Soucy but I think we can survive a game without him. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That's principle, which I agree with you on. There shouldn't be a cost but there is. 

The reality is that we can't be bullied, manhandled, cheap-shotted and pushed around into them having that advantage. Unfortunately there's a cost to that. We need to meet that head on, not be afraid, and not run from it. We're not going to win on what should be, instead we need to embrace what is and dish it back.

Zad and Soucy pushed back. We made a necessary statement and we need to accept the risk of that.

And it is one game from our 3rd pair LHD NOT Hughes, Hronek, or Zad. It is not the end of the world...maybe actually good, as I bet Soucy would have been hobbled a bit by the ankle shot block that kept him out 1/2 a period. This way they are forced to play Juulsen.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Juulsen hasn't played in weeks. He will play the right side behind Hronek and Meyers. Is Meyers nursing an injury? My point being is that the Oilers will likely target Juulsen's side. Media is roasting the Oiler bottom 6 so they will come out hitting. Juulsen should not be head hunting but just play his strong d-side game. He is good in front of the net but the Oilers like to dance around so it will be tough. On the bright side if the Oiler bottom six go physical the Canucks might get lots of PP time. Canuck PP has looked very strong. 

I think you're right that the Oilers may target Juulsen's side, but my point is it may not be as much of a downgrade than expected. I totally agree that Juulsen should not head hunt, but he is naturally a more physical player than Soucy and could still make life miserable for Oilers players who find themselves on his side of the ice.

25 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Zads would have been the big lose. The Oilers are actually scared to engage him for the most part; passive rubs and stick checks is all he gets. 

Soucy has been great, and we will miss him on the PK. Having said that, the dropoff to regular season Juulsen is minimal. He will be a fixture (with Soucy probably) on the 3rd pair next year.

Yeah, that would have been a huge blow to lose Zad. We caught a big break with that in Kane also getting time. 

And ... we need them to be scared of him. We can't be scared to do what it takes for them to be scared. 

We need to keep that level of punishment going for the remainder of the series. We can't roll over. Meet it all head on and don't let up. Keep pushing back.

We can hold the fort with Juulsen. It's only one game. 

Just now, EternalCanuckFan said:

I think you're right that the Oilers may target Juulsen's side, but my point is it may not be as much of a downgrade than expected. I totally agree that Juulsen should not head hunt, but he is naturally a more physical player than Soucy and could still make life miserable for Oilers players who find themselves on his side of the ice.

All it takes a couple of hard solid hits for Oilers to cower away from that side.