[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That's principle, which I agree with you on. There shouldn't be a cost but there is. 

The reality is that we can't be bullied, manhandled, cheap-shotted and pushed around into them having that advantage. Unfortunately there's a cost to that. We need to meet that head on, not be afraid, and not run from it. We're not going to win on what should be, instead we need to embrace what is and dish it back.

Zad and Soucy pushed back. We made a necessary statement and we need to accept the risk of that.

Hit nail on the head!

Is always about the message.  We won't back down... We will be hard, in your face, in every scrum.  You hit us, we won't whine about it.... We'll hit you harder.  "Live by the sword, die by the sword."  We have a bigger sword.Crocodile Dundee Comedy GIF by Laff

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, quattrob said:

Having Juulsen in is nerve racking.. he's solid when he plays a simple game but when he tries to do too much or gets pressured.. he takes bad penalties or makes bad plays in the defensive zone.  I hope he keeps it simple.

So he's Ian Cole.

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

And it is one game from our 3rd pair LHD NOT Hughes, Hronek, or Zad. It is not the end of the world...maybe actually good, as I bet Soucy would have been hobbled a bit by the ankle shot block that kept him out 1/2 a period. This way they are forced to play Juulsen.

I agree. Only one game. Shake it up. This could be great timing and exactly what we need. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Hit nail on the head!

Is always about the message.  We won't back down... We will be hard, in your face, in every scrum.  You hit us, we won't whine about it.... We'll hit you harder.  "Live by the sword, die by the sword."  We have a bigger sword.Crocodile Dundee Comedy GIF by Laff

Now that's a sword ... Lol

Exactly. You need to have lines in the sand and be willing to accept the risks when someone crosses that line. That line has consequences, sure, but it can't be crossed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I hate McDavid but his slash to Soucys upper thigh would’ve resulted in a Charlie horse at best. Soucy got a slash back and the cross check was overboard. Emotions are running high in this series and honestly, a 1 game suspension is a great trade off for a free smack on McDavid and a way to assert dominance in this series. Love Soucy but I think we can survive a game without him. 

I'm glad that Zad only got the fine and that both didn't get 1 game. Intentional or not, it was a massive X-check from behind and a cross check to the face. Not intentional, but still worthy of a game.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I agree. Only one game. Shake it up. This could be great timing and exactly what we need. 

I'm kind of excited to see what Juulsen brings. If he plays well, I'd give Cole a couple games off....he needs it

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Love that interview. The discussion on Beoser can't be understated. He has transformed himself from a one dimensional lazy player (Draisatl) to a guy you want out defending a lead in an odd man situation...unbelievable! RT is about the best thing that could have ever happened to this team; systems win championships. Imagine if PA and him were hired in Edm and what they could have achieved.....

Bang on... 

I asked the same question a few weeks back... 

Imagine Oilers had hired JR and PA and Tocchet as their coach... I'd put a wager down on them winning a cup... Thankfully Aquilinis got a hold of JR first and the rest is history... The transformation of this team is nothing short of sensational...

• Like 4

I'm glad that Zad only got the fine and that both didn't get 1 game. Intentional or not, it was a massive X-check from behind and a cross check to the face. Not intentional, but still worthy of a game.

The cross-check from behind was the worse part of that exchange and likely the part that could have been a suspension imo. I'm less upset of the fine and suspension than the fact that nothing happened for the spear or McDavid's slash to Hughes' face. Inconsistency is always the frustration.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, quattrob said:

Having Juulsen in is nerve racking.. he's solid when he plays a simple game but when he tries to do too much or gets pressured.. he takes bad penalties or makes bad plays in the defensive zone.  I hope he keeps it simple.

Did you only start watching the Canucks in the playoffs and see his one game in the Preds Series? The guy was a rock all year after acclimatizing early. He is not nerve racking nor does he make bad plays; he has proven he can be a 3rd pair guy. The one PO game he played, he tried too hard; needs to just lean back on the system and we'll be fine.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I noticed early in the game, Draisaitl was crosschecked in the back and he fell over, then crosschecked again and he fell over again. Did it 3 times I think.

I wasn't sure if he was actually hurt or if he was trying to get on the PP. No penalty called anyway, but he might be hurting too. 

Keep up with the big hits on McDavid and Draisaitl. They'll either break them or they'll be so frustrated they'll make their own mistakes, take bad penalties.

If they re-sign Zadorov, I'm getting a jersey

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I live in Ontario this was discussed  ad nauseam. The discussion was so tilted towards pro coilers it was sickening. One person said (about mchighsticker) how stars need to be protected (Soucy) and I say out loud at work."what a load of crap, what about Hughes".

Can't wait till we kick their arses out of the playoffs.

Edited by Joe King
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

The cross-check from behind was the worse part of that exchange and likely the part that could have been a suspension imo. I'm less upset of the fine and suspension than the fact that nothing happened for the spear or McDavid's slash to Hughes' face. Inconsistency is always the frustration.

The high stick is not a disciplinary action. Kane's slew foot, the Ryan Nut shot, and Nurse's hit from behind should have received fines and a 5 minute penalty in game. They were all intent to injury.

But yes, Zads x check was the worst for me too...so glad DPoS didn't see it that way.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Now that's a sword ... Lol

Exactly. You need to have lines in the sand and be willing to accept the risks when someone crosses that line. That line has consequences, sure, but it can't be crossed. 

Yup... Oilers are looking for power plays to win.... Like our 2011 team.  We are a closer version of our 1994 team in character.  Just need Petey to get going and Demmer back, and we can go far.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Did you only start watching the Canucks in the playoffs and see his one game in the Preds Series? The guy was a rock all year after acclimatizing early. He is not nerve racking nor does he make bad plays; he has proven he can be a 3rd pair guy. The one PO game he played, he tried too hard; needs to just lean back on the system and we'll be fine.

This and Juulsen has had that game burning in the back of his mind since he drew out of the lineup no doubt. He will come prepared and ready.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

It is the person, Parros, himself.  He hated the Canucks for a long time and he is acting like this accordingly.   If this was any other team did the same act, he would take no action.  I do not ever recall anyone getting any suspension that did the Canucks a bad that is worthy of a disciplinary action in the past for a few years now.   That is not player safety, it is protecting the league's interests, not the safety so a few teams can win a few extra games or a team lose a few extra as well.  That is how they roll.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

This and Juulsen has had that game burning in the back of his mind since he drew out of the lineup no doubt. He will come prepared and ready.

Yep; foote and Gonchar will have him ready. If I remember correctly, Soucy was a game time decision before that Preds game...so he didnt have tons of time to prepare

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

It is the person, Parros, himself.  He hated the Canucks for a long time and he is acting like this accordingly.   If this was any other team did the same act, he would take no action.  I do not ever recall anyone getting any suspension that did the Canucks a bad that is worthy of a disciplinary action in the past for a few years now.   That is not player safety, it is protecting the league's interests, not the safety so a few teams can win a few extra games or a team lose a few extra as well.  That is how they roll.

McD got a x-check to the face AFTER the game was over. Like it or not, its a suspension worthy play. They choose the least punitive option. I'm okay with it.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Interesting article from Justin Bourne on "Ice Tilt" and how the discrepancy of shots on goal, isn't necessarily as bad as it might look to the casual observer.....nor is Vancouver an outlier, as JB points out in the article:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ice-tilt-when-the-canucks-are-ok-with-oilers-controlling-play/

TMI to quote the entire article and posting snippets won't convey the overall gist. Worth a read, IMHO....

Bourne did hits on 650 in the 2021 -22 years and he always said our team was too good on paper for its results and was under achieving.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hope the message gets out there for you and for all. 

Continuous negative comments about ‘our’ team will be considered either as trolling or inciting other Members. 

Obviously, starting a negative back and forth that leads to Moderation isn’t something I and others want in a GDT nor PGT. Win or lose. 

I have reflected on all your posts and believe you deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

I will endeavour to ensure I continue to keep the peace, as always, and also give ‘room’ for dissent and honest criticism. 

I will also always ensure that people aren’t talking shit just for the sake of talking shit in order to rile other Members up(Inciting/Trolling). 

Cheers. 

He probably has a gaggle of clowns watching him from CalPuck forum or something. 

Is this a running joke between you and him or is it serious ? I can't tell anymore.