[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

Posted (edited)

Between this statement,

This action from a “superstar” ..

.. and Draistyl’s ignorance..

… I think we’ve seen the same tipping point that sent that room / team into self centered , individual craters , that went into a black hole earlier in the season.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 2

The Oilers dismissed our 3 game early win  streak against them in the regular season.  Then they dismissed our final win against them. They haven't beaten the Canucks in regulation in 7 tries but they still act like they are the favorites and will win without question. Absolutely blind over confidence will be their undoing.

These chumps are finally going to have to accept reality when they are shaking the Canucks  hands after losing the series.  Lol. That is going to  be beautiful baby!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 43isprime said:

As I said, forget about points. If he's creating chances and his linemates can't capitalize, that's not on him.

Even so, I don't believe he's looked appreciably better alongside Miller and Boeser. And he's not made a significant impact on the PP where his linemates are perfectly fine.

For a player regarded as one of the best in the league, I expect him to consistently create time and space for himself and his linemates and show the occasional flash of individual drive. I can't say I've seen that in these past 9 games.

I agree he improved steadily over the Nashville series (albeit, starting from a fairly low bar). However, I don't believe he's gotten better every game this series.

Aside from a portion of a game, he hasn’t played with Miller and Beoser in a long time. He’s been tied to Mik and Hogs…both who have had zero offensive touch all POs (Mik all year). And he is on the #1 PP which went 2/3. 

Is he playing great..nope. BUT he is contributing now which is great. Once again, probably been playing through something most of year. 

9 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

The Oilers dismissed our 3 game early win  streak against them in the regular season.  Then they dismissed our final win against them. They haven't beaten the Canucks in regulation in 7 tries but they still act like they are the favorites and will win without question. Absolutely blind over confidence will be their undoing.

These chumps are finally going to have to accept reality when they are shaking the Canucks  hands after losing the series.  Lol. That is going to  be beautiful baby!

Totally the oilers remind me of this guyMonty Python Fight GIF

5 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Aside from a portion of a game, he hasn’t played with Miller and Beoser in a long time. He’s been tied to Mik and Hogs…both who have had zero offensive touch all POs (Mik all year). And he is on the #1 PP which went 2/3. 

Is he playing great..nope. BUT he is contributing now which is great. Once again, probably been playing through something most of year. 

Is he showing any indication that he could break out if only he had better linemates?

And no, the Lotto line has appeared in multiple games this playoffs.

That the Lotto line has been used as sporadically as it has tells you that Tocchet doesn't believe it's effective, and that Pettersson doesn't add much value on that line over Suter.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HKSR said:

It'd be poetic justice if Juulsen comes in and drills Draisatl finishing him off and out of the series.

At this point, I'd even take a hit from behind 2 game suspension if it knocks Drais out. 

Soucy can come back next game. 

12 hours ago, Combover said:

pretty clear Only way oilers can win this series is going to be with leagues help. 

I think the league knows this too but they won't let that happen. 

They are not the Chicago and Bostons of this world. So they won't help them

29 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Between this statement,

This action from a “superstar” ..

.. and Draistyl’s ignorance..

… I think we’ve seen the same tipping point that sent that room / team into self centered , individual craters , that went into a black hole earlier in the season.

I hate this "protect the star" bullshit. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I hate this "protect the star" bullshit. 

Same bullshit as them continually using “two best players in the world”….even heard McD referred to as “best of all time”. My personal fav “skinner is costing McD and Draisatl the cup they deserve”. Plain and simple; it’s entitlement.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Same bullshit as them continually using “two best players in the world”….even heard McD referred to as “best of all time”. My personal fav “skinner is costing McD and Draisatl the cup they deserve”. Plain and simple; it’s entitlement.

they also only get 1 more cheap year of draisaitl before they have to give him a 6m$+ per year raise

yikes

Goes without saying that tomorrow is a huge opportunity. Continue to frustrate the oilers and finish checks. Keep them to the outside much like we did last game. Win before all else but I would looooove Juulsen to absolutely crush one of their forwards. All the crying for Soucy to be suspended without realizing his replacement is a freight train.

Our stars need to be our stars. Miller is tied up with McDavid so Petey, Hughes, Boeser, Lindholm need to produce offensively for us. I was also pleasantly surprised by karlsson. Hopefully he is what Petey needs.