[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

6 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I was beginning to wonder if anyone from our local media was going to have our back and fire some shots across - I had just assumed not because, well, it’s Vancouver media.

Love the back handed swipe about their 4 draft lotto wins.  It’s good we have some media that will dish it back! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Hopefully the boys are ready for a very desperate Oilers team 

They're gonna be playing for their lives.  If they go down 3-1, they're pretty much screwed.  Silovs could probably steal 1 of the 3 on his own.

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Game 2 sure. That was brutal. Game 3 it is more defensive posture. Oilers can run around and shoot from the parameter all they want and that is what happened. 

I will agree they need to skate the puck through the neutral zone rather than dumping and icing it all the time but that is also hard to do as Oilers kinda keep 3 players near the back clogging up the neutral zone making it hard to get pass them. 

I was hoping we tested Pickard more but I guess we wanted to focus more on defensive side of things, maybe afraid to make a play 

58 minutes ago, CurtFraser24 said:

One of the meanest, fighter in NHL history.  He could also score goals.

Wow. People forget what an animal he was. Look at the guys he’s tangling with: Probert, Clark, Neely … some of the toughest and most feared fighters of all time. Incredible 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 24K said:

Game 2 sure. That was brutal. Game 3 it is more defensive posture. Oilers can run around and shoot from the parameter all they want and that is what happened. 

I will agree they need to skate the puck through the neutral zone rather than dumping and icing it all the time but that is also hard to do as Oilers kinda keep 3 players near the back clogging up the neutral zone making it hard to get pass them. 

That's a rationalization.  The shots were 22-3 in the third period and only 4 shots (I think) in the second period.  

There's protecting a lead and there's curling up and hoping the guy doesn't kick a vital organ.  

I think they've done well to protect the high danger areas, but there could easily have been 5-6 oiler goals if the puck moves a quarter inch, or it just bounces a slightly different way etc.

They are playing an incredibly dangerous game right now

Edited by stawns

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I was hoping we tested Pickard more but I guess we wanted to focus more on defensive side of things, maybe afraid to make a play 

That is why I said the team is subconsciously playing conservative with Silvos in net. They are probably way more comfortable taking some risk knowing Demko was back there rather than a rookie goalie playing games in the teens in the nhl. 

Just now, HKSR said:

They're gonna be playing for their lives.  If they go down 3-1, they're pretty much screwed.  Silovs could probably steal 1 of the 3 on his own.

You can bet Knoblauch will have Leon and McDavid on the ice every time Juulsen (assuming he's in) is on the ice knowing Soucy is out. Silovs may have to stand on his head 

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

You can bet Knoblauch will have Leon and McDavid on the ice every time Juulsen (assuming he's in) is on the ice knowing Soucy is out. Silovs may have to stand on his head 

Until Juulsen knocks one of them out of the series.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, 24K said:

That is why I said the team is subconsciously playing conservative with Silvos in net. They are probably way more comfortable taking some risk knowing Demko was back there rather than a rookie goalie playing games in the teens in the nhl. 

Silovs brother Silovs

as dirty as nashville was, ie: constant late hits, all the way to shooting puck at silovs after end of series, oils have taken dirty to another level. especially two kicks to the head with their skate, once when kane was upside down in his bench, i saw a distinct kick motion to zees head and the other when miller rocked (im not sure who) behind our net, while he was cartwheeling the skate seemed to have a particular inflection toward miller's head. considering the blade on the skate, these guys are psychopaths.

• ThereItIs 1

Jennifer Botterills take on the Soucy-Zads-McMuffin incident is atrocious. Says no need to wake Connor up and sussy should be longer and those are cheap unwarranted plays. But Hyman making Zads bleed was minor because Zads didn’t go down hard. Just like her opinion on the Perfetti-Hartman incident. Not a sexist male chauvinist pig but I can’t stand her. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, high flying Vee said:

Wow. People forget what an animal he was. Look at the guys he’s tangling with: Probert, Clark, Neely … some of the toughest and most feared fighters of all time. Incredible 

He bloody Neely's right eye.  He's not afraid to go full out.

5 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

Hyman/DOPS are such rats.  Z is intentionally crosschecked in the face, gets stitches and nothing.  Lots of different ways to get revenge and I hope to see it

Unreal… hate this pos league 

so corrupt… 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 24K said:

Just accept the fact that is the way they play. Build up lead with highly efficient shots and defend it to the end. 

Turn the jets on if needed for a comeback. 

They literally been playing this way the whole season and only reason it was not this pronounced was they were often playing against lower competition. 

In the playoffs, don't have luxury to expose other team while mainly defending. Playing Silvos probably also has the team be more conservative than they would if Demko was back there. 

We tried the always on the attack approach with Bruce and that failed miserably. Sure entertaining though. 

All season long we heard Tocchet say he wanted to meet pressure with pressure.

None of the second half of the game resembled that... it was all bend and try to not break.