[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

All this bullshit favouritism towards the Coilers coming from NHL corporate headquarters against the Canucks is just gonna backfire and simple add fuel to the fire… this will give the Canucks intense motivation to destroy the Oilers even more -  Miller Zadorov and friends are going to take it up notch… this Canucks team is for real and they’re taking this underdog status to the next level this is going to be a very motivated team for sure…’

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Unreal… hate this pos league 

so corrupt… 

i'm fully expecting the first 5min major of our POs to be called against us early to "set the tone" and it wont compare to some of the uncalled cheapshots we've seen thus far.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jayinblack said:

i'm fully expecting the first 5min major of our POs to be called against us early to "set the tone" and it wont compare to some of the uncalled cheapshots we've seen thus far.

I sincerely hope you’re wrong… I’m envisioning all this bullshit it’s just going to motivate the Canucks even more to destroy the oilers… It’s going to add fuel to the fire and cause they’re compete level to increase not decrease - our team is incredibly competitive and full of character…

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

I fucking hate the Oilers and this preferential treatment the NHL is lavishing upon them…

Oh how much more sweeter will Tuesday’s victory be over them… And of course their inevitable elimination from the playoffs…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS

I wonder if JT scored that empty netter instead of hitting the post and we won 5-2 if so many would still be doubting our method of winning and want to win differently

A win is a win take it and move on. It can be a game of inches out there its tightly contested.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I was beginning to wonder if anyone from our local media was going to have our back and fire some shots across - I had just assumed not because, well, it’s Vancouver media.

True. And it’s a solid, objective piece too. Well written. 

Finally Tocchet made adjustments, 

It was good to see Karlson go out there and take up space. He plugged up his lane way good. My favorite was him forcing the puck to the red line with his shoulder then throwing it in for the line change, then Boeser scored our 2nd goal after we then gained the zone. Using his big frame. Small thing but important thing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His trajectory right now is Ken Dryden.  Dryden was playing in the AHL at age 23 and then got called up by Montreal with 6 games left in the season as their starting goalie got injured.  Dryden won all 6 games and then was the starter in the playoffs.  He played 20 games in the playoffs, won 16 and won the Cup and the Conn Smythe trophy as well.

A bit much imo, but Silovs is doing a very good job considering what's being asked of him.

but what's funny is the narrative YEG homers have created  about their goaltenders poor play...

Really? You guys wanna cry about your goaltender now?

We've got our 3rd string goalie starting, and you want to complain about goaltending after the refs gave you passes on two majors and double minor while we get fined and suspended for standing our ground.

Cowardly stuff, nice cope YEG. 

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

We need to play very business like. Forget about getting caught in the Toilers' shenanigans and put their sorry asses down 3 - 1, coming back to Vancouver!

Smash South Korea GIF by TIFFYes. Business like this. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I agree that playing their big guns every second shift is a tough thing to defend against and keep momentum, but they had, what, 7 shots in the last two periods?  

I get that the high danger chances are actually pretty close, but you can't just let wave after wave after wave keep coming at you.  They have to be able to mount some kind of challenge there

Absolutely not

The canucks are definitely letting up on the gas pedal. 

im just pointing out that the oilers are redlining.

I hope that at least one game the canucks are pushing the full 60 and lay an incredible beat down 

16 minutes ago, luckylager said:

A bit much imo, but Silovs is doing a very good job considering what's being asked of him.

but what's funny is the narrative YEG homers have created  about their goaltenders poor play...

Really? You guys wanna cry about your goaltender now?

We've got our 3rd string goalie starting, and you want to complain about goaltending after the refs gave you passes on two majors and double minor while we get fined and suspended for standing our ground.

Cowardly stuff, nice cope YEG. 

If we make it to the finals and win the cup and Demko doesn't return, I would say that Silovs would be a lock for the Conn Smythe trophy...

In terms of Edmonton, they know they are screwed with Skinner, they knew it from the first game.  That's why they are playing McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard 30 minutes a night.  It's to try and outscore the competition.  And that is why McBaby cries for every penalty, it's because he knows they need power plays goals in order to win the game.

Having only one line with an AHL defence and ECHL goaltending is not the way to win a cup.  In fact, it has never happened before.  Edmonton is trying to make history.  But in order to do that, they need MAJOR help from the refs and the league.  So far, the refs have given them one game.  Now the league is trying desperately to give them another game.  We will see what happens tomorrow night.  I have a feeling the Canucks are going to win tomorrow.  Tocchet and the other coaches have a game plan.  McDavid will be stopped tomorrow, just like he was yesterday...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Look at the Edmon Tonne oiler fans.  Not to be judge mental but they be fat as hell.

E4grHVlI?format=jpg&name=small

Cuz they're livin' on 'edible oil products' like dilbit coffee creamer and Simpson forehead droppings.

Simpson, Sale

Put some fire in your ass like Simp here ^ does, with Edmonton Oiler edible underwear.

N4Vi8V.gifMnum, numm, num, mommy!  I'm not a pain in the ass, am I mommy?

Join the call to get Simpson off Canuck hockey broadcasts.

"There have been even calls on both teams this playoffs" says obviously blindingly biased TV announcer.

6663-simpson2.jpg

• Vintage 1