[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

That was a thing of beauty by 18 year old Sam Bennett...

Marchand has had that coming for many years. However, that is a way dirtier play than Soucy's accidental crosscheck to the face. Surprised there wasn't a hearing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Marchand has had that coming for many years. However, that is a way dirtier play than Soucy's accidental crosscheck to the face. Surprised there wasn't a hearing.

To be honest I’d LOVE Marchand on our Canucks LOL….the irony right……

Guys the Oilers are straight up losers and we as fans need to make a statement

For game 5 what you guys think we spread the word. Sneak in some diapers. Throw diapers on the ice if Oilers score.

Start chants for "Con-nor McBaby"  "Leon DryBaby" . Also need to chant "over-rated" in general

I've been a sports fan for decades and never once have I hated a team as much as I hate these Oilers. I'm going to the game on Thursday and I don't care if I get kicked out. I'm close to ice and I'm going to let the Oilers have it. Fucking losers these guys are

• Cheers 4

17 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

'Checks what team 18 year old Sam plays for...' 

Nope not surprised.

Side note: Florida is the only team that can compete with Edmonton....at whining. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

That was a thing of beauty by 18 year old Sam Bennett...

I have a whole different opinion of Sam since seeing these righteous retributions on the dirty rat.

Go Sammy Go!  Keep up the great work. 

Love From, All the guys he elbowed, slew-footed, low-bridged, nostril-licked, and nutted.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Guys the Oilers are straight up losers and we as fans need to make a statement

For game 5 what you guys think we spread the word. Sneak in some diapers. Throw diapers on the ice if Oilers score.

Start chants for "Con-nor McBaby"  "Leon DryBaby" . Also need to chant "over-rated" in general

I've been a sports fan for decades and never once have I hated a team as much as I hate these Oilers. I'm going to the game on Thursday and I don't care if I get kicked out. I'm close to ice and I'm going to let the Oilers have it. Fucking losers these guys are

That would be awesome! How cool would it be if we our home crowd could somehow learn that chant they did in Sweden during the WJC that went “heeyyyy heeeeyyyyy baaaAAabby - ooh ahh” or however the heck it went. 

3 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

I have a whole different opinion of Sam since seeing these righteous retributions on the dirty rat.

Go Sammy Go!  Keep up the great work. 

Love From, All the guys he elbowed, slew-footed, low-bridged, nostril-licked, and nutted.

OMG that was so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye

• ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

THIS model is wearing a unisex 2XL and you should choose +1 or +2 your size for a baggy look? I don’t think they’d make these shirts in grammas size 😆

I didn’t think this through….Men….

I meant well, LOL

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Another angle and clip on Zads hit on Kane ..

Kick .

Didn’t notice that kick on the other clips of this play.

It did seem like Kane was trying to cut Zads by flailing around with his legs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I think we need to steal the Millwall chant 

"No one likes us....we don't care' 

Reminds me of this when I lived in Mexico.

America is a football club that has a lot of money and wins a lot. They are also named America which many Mexicans actually dislike. So, the teams moto is Odiame mas or Hate me more

You do not have to watch the video but you will see that as the theme over and over.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

We need to play very business like. Forget about getting caught in the Toilers' shenanigans and put their sorry asses down 3 - 1, coming back to Vancouver!

Yeah clearly this is how it is… The coaching staff is focussing only on one thing how to destroy the Oilers and eliminating them from having any chance of scoring…

1 hour ago, Johnny said:

Absolutely not

The canucks are definitely letting up on the gas pedal. 

im just pointing out that the oilers are redlining.

I hope that at least one game the canucks are pushing the full 60 and lay an incredible beat down 

I agree with your assessment - they really need a full 60M - EDM seems to come on very strong in third periods - we saw it in game 2 - they have been doing that the whole year scoring 4+ goals sometimes in the period (eg. recently Colorado / Pittsburgh / Buffalo) - can't fully sit back - should have at least some counter attacks -and  try to keep the play to the outside. 

Although I am happy with the results so far, I also hope they start getting some much needed secondary scoring from the other lines besides Garlands and JT's lines who have been doing the yeomans work - you look at Dallas FLA etc...everyone is contributing in some way with the offense.  

50 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I think we need to steal the Millwall chant 

"No one likes us....we don't care' 

Perfect… Canucks vs. The NHL…

“kill them all let God sort ‘em out…”

metaphorically speaking of course…  

GO CANUCKS GO

Canucks 2021 GIF by Vancouver Canucks

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Another angle and clip on Zads hit on Kane ..

Kick .

Thanks @SilentSam, I hadn't quite caught it before this but I did notice his skates flying around.

Kane also kicked Hughes (in the back of his left leg) with his left skate tip before lifting him up into the slewfoot and turning him into a human missle heading head-first into the boards.  NHL Refs?  NO CALL.

The job of the referees is supposed to be TO PROTECT THE PLAYERS.

The job of NHL referees is TO PROTECT THEIR WALLETS AND THE HOARY OLD BOG & BUTTMAN & SCREW THE PLAYERS HEALTH AND SAFETY, CAREERS AND FAMILIES.

And the Players Association is gutless and plays along.  They lost their balls in the lockout.

• Vintage 2

You just know the players and coaches must think this is unfair - losing Soucy and Hyman getting off completely free while Zadorov needs stitches. They'll all be on display in the next game.

Time to not get too angry - the Oilers are the ones who are frustrated. Got to stay even-keel and go into the next game as if it's a tie series and win it. They came back after a loss really hard so we've got to expect the worst for next game. We have lost a fair few home games lately so really don't want to go back to Vancouver tied 2-2, but conversely we've played brilliant road hockey in the playoffs so far.

Got to try and play exactly the same way as last game but better. We rushed their stars nicely, didn't give them much time and space, and our PK was brilliant when it mattered. Hard to replicate because we did get a bit lucky.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

A bit much imo, but Silovs is doing a very good job considering what's being asked of him.

but what's funny is the narrative YEG homers have created  about their goaltenders poor play...

Really? You guys wanna cry about your goaltender now?

We've got our 3rd string goalie starting, and you want to complain about goaltending after the refs gave you passes on two majors and double minor while we get fined and suspended for standing our ground.

Cowardly stuff, nice cope YEG. 

Silovs story isn’t that much a stretch…Dryden made his NHL debut on Sunday March 14, 1971 against the Pittsburgh Penguins in Pittsburgh. The Canadiens won the game 5-1, and the only goal scored against Ken was by a player named John Stewart. Later, on March 20, 1971, he played in a home game against his brother Dave Dryden, a fellow backup goaltender for Buffalo Sabres, when Canadiens starter Rogie Vachon suffered an injury;[13] this still stands, as of 2021, as the only time a pair of brothers faced against each other as goaltenders. He was called up from the minors late in the season and played only six regular-season games, but rang up 1.65 goals-against average. This earned him the starting goaltending job for the playoffs ahead of veteran Rogie Vachon, and he helped the Canadiens to win the Stanley Cup. He also won the Conn Smythe Trophyas the most valuable player in the playoffs. He helped the Habs win five more Stanley Cups in 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, and 1979..

• Cheers 1

Anyone else notice that Karlsson played late in the third while Pettersson sat?

I noticed one play in the third where Tocchet seemed unhappy about Pettersson icing the puck. Not sure if Pettersson played much after that.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Anyone else notice that Karlsson played late in the third while Pettersson sat?

I noticed one play in the third where Tocchet seemed unhappy about Pettersson icing the puck. Not sure if Pettersson played much after that.

Petey is clearly playing through an injury. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1