[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

Saw him wide open for passes in the OZ several times but his line mates either didn't see him or couldn't get it to him. Maybe he's so sneaky even his team mates don't always know where he is

Fuck ya… 

the Alien being an Alien…

alien GIF

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Before tonight's game, I was gonna ask, if Tocchet can see during the 3rd of game 2 that the team isn't skating, are just icing it and playing 'hot potato', why doesn't he just tell them on the bench to move their feet, battle for pucks and make plays?

So now, tonight, they appear to be playing exactly the same way in the third

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Why are they doing this again? Just confident they can weather the storm, fatigued, being outplayed or what?

Totally thrilled with the result and not complaining but it just doesn't seem like a great long term strategy if it's by design and nothing like the way we won so many 3rd periods all season long

He tried with changing the lineup, he mentioned moving idle feet to another line and shuffling doesn;t solve the issue though

You can lead a horse to water....

I hope they don't play so passive myself

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Cole is aging me 30 years in 3 games.

Almost all Oil goals by Dman ricochet off Cole. Only way to avoid that would be playing him behind the net or limit his minutes. On the bright side only one went in off him tonight. 

good hard fought win. Can’t wait till Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Lol. Sportsnet panelist think too many penalty calls but don't fucking realize that Edmonton fades into oblivion for 5v5. Fuck it, put the whistles away, bitches. 

All the goals tonight were 5-4 or 6-5. 5-5 Canucks are way ahead. Keep out of the box and keep it up.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Before tonight's game, I was gonna ask, if Tocchet can see during the 3rd of game 2 that the team isn't skating, are just icing it and playing 'hot potato', why doesn't he just tell them on the bench to move their feet, battle for pucks and make plays?

So now, tonight, they appear to be playing exactly the same way in the third

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Why are they doing this again? Just confident they can weather the storm, fatigued, being outplayed or what?

Totally thrilled with the result and not complaining but it just doesn't seem like a great long term strategy if it's by design and nothing like the way we won so many 3rd periods all season long

The fact is, McDavid and Draisaitl are REALLY good offensive players... no matter how much you dislike them, they are the best pair in the league.

So they are really hard to control.

But at the same time, they do need to be more active and go at the Oilers.

I still think Pettersson needs someone else added with him... Mikheyev is better on the 4th line.

Put Blueger with Pettersson, Blueger can playmake a bit. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This and Drybaby and McWhiner having to play 30 minutes a game is going to come at a cost for them ... expect to see them limping something during Game 4. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1