Evander Kane

T. Demko

Posted (edited)

I get the rest of the league is currently hard pressed on Soucy crosschecking McDavid after McDavid slashed Soucy. However, if any suspension is truly required, I feel Evander Kane should be sat (I understand suspensions don't work this way).

I'm all about playoff hockey and the hard battles, even if it goes against us. However, I have been noticing for the past 3 games Kane is on a mission to injure. If it wasn't enough with all the blatant slewfoots, when he took the hit from Z today, it feels like he was trying to cut Z with his skates. I'm not one for speculation or controversy, and I'd rather give people the benefit of doubt, but his right leg came up a lot stronger and with intention than what I would expect from someone getting knocked into the bench. Given the battles between Z and Kane, and Kanes character flaws, im afraid the assumption may not be too farfetched.

I really hope both teams battle hard this series but don't have to witness any unnecessary injury, however it just feels uneasy when Kane is on the ice.

s5dCEJV.gif.c55531083ee0f656615841a370a5ba6a.gif

Edited by T. Demko
  • Vintage 1

Honestly, I don’t think so. It’s just the momentum from trying to stay planted and then rolling the hip over the boards causing the leg to fly up. Im pretty sure at that point his only thought is self preservation lol. There’s no way he should or could possibly be suspended from this since it just looks like a normal body reaction to getting dumped in the bench. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T. Demko said:

I get the rest of the league is currently hard pressed on Soucy crosschecking McDavid after McDavid slashed Soucy. However, if any suspension is truly required, I feel Evander Kane should be sat (I understand suspensions don't work this way).

I'm all about playoff hockey and the hard battles, even if it goes against us. However, I have been noticing for the past 3 games Kane is on a mission to injure. If it wasn't enough with all the blatant slewfoots, when he took the hit from Z today, it feels like he was trying to cut Z with his skates. I'm not one for speculation or controversy, and I'd rather give people the benefit of doubt, but his right leg came up a lot stronger and with intention than what I would expect from someone getting knocked into the bench. Given the battles between Z and Kane, and Kanes character flaws, im afraid the assumption may not be too farfetched.

I really hope both teams battle hard this series but don't have to witness any unnecessary injury, however it just feels uneasy when Kane is on the ice.

I don't think this gif shows the part that you're referring to - it happens later here:

Really hard to tell because he's upside down and the legs are flailing all over the place to begin with. I'm not a fan of the player - I think he's dirty, but I really doubt he was trying to use his skate as a weapon there.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

I don't think this gif shows the part that you're referring to - it happens later here:

Really hard to tell because he's upside down and the legs are flailing all over the place to begin with. I'm not a fan of the player - I think he's dirty, but I really doubt he was trying to use his skate as a weapon there.

For sure he was. He got embarrassed and reacted to that by kicking. 

• ThereItIs 2

Kane absolutely should have received a fine and a warning after the slew foot on Hughes in Game 2. It was a dangerous play. If Hughes was injured, then they would have done a suspension, but there should have been some league action against the overall play. Something to remind players that they watch replays.

That roughing was a terrible call.

Zads did nothing wrong, was a good clean hit but the dirtbags on the bench grabbed his stick and he got called for roughing for trying to skate away with his stick.

Even that Douche Kane was laughing at the refs for how easy he fooled them.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Why is anyone hard pressed about Soucy? If you make a move like slashing someone in the leg, you better expect a crosscheck in the face. 

Because 

A. Its Mcbitch

B. It was after the whistle

C. The crosscheck was to the face and they don't care aboit intent.

D. The league is a bias joke

E. The league can't stomach seeing the Oilers lose to the Canucks

F. Its Mcwhiner

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

For sure he was. He got embarrassed and reacted to that by kicking. 

The way that leg came up wasn't the way it would have naturally come up from the hit. Hopefully our boys have there head up. 

• Cheers 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:56 AM, 43isprime said:

There was clear intent to try to hit Zadorov with the skate. Let’s not forget this guy grabbed numerous women by the throat, so not that much of a stretch. 

• Cheers 1

On 5/13/2024 at 12:01 AM, T. Demko said:

I agree he deliberately brought his leg up... and there can be only one reason to do that, which is to get your skate blade near Z's face.

• Cheers 1