Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

Posted (edited)

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/nhl-to-review-soucy-response-to-connor-mcdavid-two-handed-slash

Came across my feed that Big Zeke has been fined $5,000 but trying to find the article to link. Anyone find anything related? A phone hearing probably means a 1 game suspension since it is McJesus that took the hit. I guess Huggy doesn't rate on that scale for the slash to the face he took from McDavid.

image.png.a9525bd0ce831a6fef15150cb3a89488.png

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

but I wouldn't give anything to Soucy.

I can't recall the NHL ever having a hearing with a player and not giving them a suspension, so it seems like they've already made up their mind.

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

Just now, Goalie29 said:

I can't recall the NHL ever having a hearing with a player and not giving them a suspension, so it seems like they've already made up their mind.

Yeah, seems dumb to me. The hit's location was a victim of circumstance.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

He'll be out for next game...NHL fixers just looking for an excuse 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad the pricks didn't suspend both Z and Soucy. That would have been complete nonsense.

As long as it is no more than 1 game for Soucy, then Juulsen goes in for Soucy and memo to Cole quit tipping pucks into your own net and we will be fine.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

• Rocket-68 changed the title to Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy to get a Hearing for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers
12 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Glad the pricks didn't suspend both Z and Soucy. That would have been complete nonsense.

As long as it is no more than 1 game for Soucy, then Juulsen goes in for Soucy and memo to Cole quit tipping pucks into your own net and we will be fine.

if soucy is out, likely that cole moves bcak to the left side where he was much better

hughes-hronek

zadorov-myers

cole-juulsen

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HarbularyBattery said:

if soucy is out, likely that cole moves bcak to the left side where he was much better

hughes-hronek

zadorov-myers

cole-juulsen

this is it. It does hurt us a little bit, Juuls has been good but he's not Soucy. But a Cole-Juuls pairing should be adequate and they likely play Hughes extra minutes. 

It doesn't fundamentally change anything about our approach, and in fact might give the guys a little extra motivation to pick Soucy up, and tell the league to f-off at the same time given the non-calls from game 2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

this is it. It does hurt us a little bit, Juuls has been good but he's not Soucy. But a Cole-Juuls pairing should be adequate and they likely play Hughes extra minutes. 

It doesn't fundamentally change anything about our approach, and in fact might give the guys a little extra motivation to pick Soucy up, and tell the league to f-off at the same time given the non-calls from game 2.

I'd pair Zad with Juules.  They were a plus 5 in the 4 games they played as a duo, with a combined 57 hits

(Or something like that - I don't really remember, but I do remember oppo skating very gingerly when they were on the ice together)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

our guys needed to push back hard

their goonery going unchecked was getting stupid, and clearly the league and refs had no interest in doing anything about it

hopefully mcdavid now thinks twice before using his stick like a broadsword. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

Soucy will be suspended, the question is, for how long.

There's an argument to be made that his intention was to push him and that he was aiming high chest but the hit from Zadorov dropped him lower and it was all timing.

The exchange that I saw was, McDavid was right there, Soucy give him a little push and McDavid responded with a 2 handed slash (which he should probably get a fine for, but won't) then Soucy was just about to crosscheck McDavid in the chest, but the hit from Zadorov altered trajectory of where it landed.

I'm hoping 1 game, I'm expecting NHL will decide to make an example and do like 3 games. They only like to set an example when it's Canucks involved.

There could have been a fine to Kane after game 2 for a dangerous slew foot on Hughes, but nothing.