Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

lol absolutely bullshit for the zadorov fine. Peterson getting taken down after the Nashville scored was the same thing yet not disciplinary action was taken. The player safety department is an absolute fucking joke and worships David’s pussy.

Soucey will get a 1 game for sure for mcdavid being weak as fuck. Prob 2 games since its mcbitch

40 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

we should probably be prepared for the possibility soucy gets more than 1 game too fwiw

league will want to punish b/c the "victim" (crybaby) was mcdavid

im leaning towards 3 games, 5 would be unpleasant and pretty unreasonable i think

That's ridiculous....but unfortunately so is this corrupt league. Hope your wrong. This situation is taking on shades of Aaron Rome if Soucy gets more than a game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, coquitlamdave said:

When is Soucy hearing happening?  Wondering how people feel about the slash to Soucys laces as the instigating portion of it all

Slash was to Soucy’s knee - possibly his previously injured knee - not laces 

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Isn’t it a phone hearing? I think a fine is likely but since it’s poster boy who knows.

I’d say no intent on Soucy’s part compared to this one resulting in a $5000 fine to Drai where the intent is obvious.

IMG_1512.gif

I assumed zoom

I dont think it was suspension worthy, but the league usually goes by result, not intention and he did cross check him in the face.  That said, there was no after effects of any kind, so who knows?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

our guys needed to push back hard

their goonery going unchecked was getting stupid, and clearly the league and refs had no interest in doing anything about it

hopefully mcdavid now thinks twice before using his stick like a broadsword. 

Yep...it's the same old BS story with this league.

Let some teams get away with dangerous plays that injure star players (coughcough Nazzy) and when the team goes back at them with the same, they get the book thrown at them. Used as an example in a fake "we want to protect our players" way. They don't give a damn about anything except promoting their "superstars" and cashing in off them. 

Funny they use some of the dirty plays from game 2 in their promo. Cute. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Keep smashing McHelpsaveme and Craisaitl at every opportunity. 

Money well spent. Make them hurt.

Miller had some pretty great sequences as well, lots of cross checks  in a row and some good hits.   This is how we get to the next round.   That and also to the final.    Silovs is just fine.   Demko can come in when he's ready.    We don't need to respect them like we did in game 2.    At some point I expect McDavid or Draisatl to get destroyed with a hit, and after that their team unravels.   It's already doing that, it's not like they are "far superior" 5 x 5.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

I'm actually pretty pissed off about this. Nevermind the stuff that has happened in our series that could have easily been suspension worthy. What about Bennet on Marchand a couple of nights ago?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rekker said:

That's ridiculous....but unfortunately so is this corrupt league. Hope your wrong. This situation is taking on shades of Aaron Rome if Soucy gets more than a game.

Aaron rome wasnt built in a day. Sadly nor was his suspension.

Lets hope that soucy will fare better.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HarbularyBattery said:

we should probably be prepared for the possibility soucy gets more than 1 game too fwiw

league will want to punish b/c the "victim" (crybaby) was mcdavid

im leaning towards 3 games, 5 would be unpleasant and pretty unreasonable i think

That would be absolutely insane. I think 1 game is even too much but if they do more than 1 that’s crazy 

• Cheers 1

Just now, R3aL said:

That would be absolutely insane. I think 1 game is even too much but if they do more than 1 that’s crazy 

theyre gonna make an examle out of him i basically guarantee it, anything less would be proof that all our curses have been lifted

1 minute ago, HarbularyBattery said:

theyre gonna make an examle out of him i basically guarantee it, anything less would be proof that all our curses have been lifted

We will see. I think the one game McDavid protection service wiiod be a statement in itself and really impact us for the next game so we will see

hope not though 

• Like 1

Just now, NHLer said:

Even if Souc gets suspended a game, not end of world. Give the man a lil bit of a break. 

Myers had played his best partnered with soucy throughout the year  and they’ve been key in matching up to McDavid and late game so I do think it matters 

but the optimistic side of me would say ya he left the game and came back maybe a day off would help him too long term 

• Cheers 4

The players really need to petition to the league and get parros fired. They need to work it into the cba the next player safety guy needs to have the nhlpa approval. How can a predatory punch to the head on an unsuspecting player resulting in injury and missed game go unpunished but an accidental cross check to the face because the guy was falling result in penalty? How do the players in the league feel knowing their safety doesn’t matter if they are not name mcdavid? Makes them hate the guy even more and wants to take cheap shots on him every chance they get even more so