Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

Posted (edited)

It kind of reminds me of the nasty elbow on Naslund by Moore, and the ensuring Bertuzzi fiasco after the NHL did nothing to penalize Moore for the predatory headshot.

I'm not trying to equate the Moore incident to the McDavid case here, but had the zebras made the calls more consistently and fairly, none or, at least, fewer of this sort of physical retributions would have happened.

Vigilante justice happens when the system fails to protect against injustice.

EDIT: And the recent Marchand injury doesn't really help the NHL on this case

Edited by Hat Trick Maker
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

I hope not, Elliotte seems like way too much of an oiler fan, to me.

on the plus side, maybe he changes his tune when McDavid gives him a cheapshot 😄 

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Hogs gets speared in his jewels, nothin'. Baby boy McWhiner gets sauced up after he slashes Soucy, better roll out the punishments. Classic NHL.

Kanes slew foots are A Ok too.

Dont understand why he didn't get a hearing.

Such a dangerous play.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

God, the crying in our fanbase is Fucking embarrassing and pathetic. We have Rutherford, we have Tocchet… 2 guys that are very much a part of the old boys club. You can bet your bottom dollar that if injustices are being served to the Canucks, they’re probably going about their channels to get it addressed. 
  Crying publicly to appease the soft part of our fanbase does absolutely nothing productive. I don’t think Tocchet or JR are going to just let their team get abused….

It's completely reasonable to not trust the NHL given the history of misconduct by both the on ice officials and the DOPS.  Management was unable to prevent a known problem ref from being assigned to this series so clearly whatever they're doing isn't motivating the NHL to clean up the corruption.

• Upvote 2

A good read here.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/report-carson-soucy-to-have-player-safety-hearing-for-cross-checking-connor-mcdavid

The NHL’s Department of Player Safety has proven that certain levels of violence are perfectly acceptable. What they have not proven is an ability to apply those standards with any sort of clarity or consistency. Which is why today, we hope for the best sort of news out of the DoPS, and brace for the worst.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

So let me get this right….

Bennett can throw a well deserved dirty fuckin punch to Marchand and cause injury… no suspension or fine.

Kane can slewfoot all he likes, no suspension or hearings

Ryan can spear guys in the balls no fines or suspension or hearings
Ekholm can cross check a guy hard enough to snap his stick in half, no talk of phone call hearing for intent to injure

Hughes and Pettersson can be hit from a dangerous angle and sent flying head first into the board,  no concerns of supplemental discipline at all…

But Zadorov throws a cheeky cross check and it has to be addressed.

Soucy gets McPrincess in the face only because McBitchtits is knocked downward simultaneously and its gotta be a phone call hearing because its McDavid.

K got it.

100% BS 

Hughes has been abused and league doesn't give af

If Hughes highsticked mcdavid no doubt their woulda been a 4Min call.

If Dak or any of our guys sleep fit mcdavid like that where his head knocked back and bucket came off I can only imagine the outrage and call for a suspension form the oilers if no penalty was called even on top of it.

Kane is a rat too. History of BS. Even when Daddy tossed him he grabs his stick to pull Z and hold him in the bench then flails his legs recklessly.

Multiple situations there could have been super serious series ending injuries by reckless plays by Kane. Sick of his shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

This is absolute garbage. All three should have been fined, end of story. 

If mcdavid isn't that means baseball swing slash post whistle are OK, if you get touched at all thats the precedent

OR 

MCdavo has his own rulebook

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

God, the crying in our fanbase is Fucking embarrassing and pathetic. We have Rutherford, we have Tocchet… 2 guys that are very much a part of the old boys club. You can bet your bottom dollar that if injustices are being served to the Canucks, they’re probably going about their channels to get it addressed. 
  Crying publicly to appease the soft part of our fanbase does absolutely nothing productive. I don’t think Tocchet or JR are going to just let their team get abused….

What is embarrassing about a fan base that has a problem if their top four defenseman is suspended ?

15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

This cries tough guy syndrome to me.

Crying? No one's crying...we're discussing. 

And you can't deny that when our guys deliver some pushback it's immediately addressed by a league that's just overlooked about half a dozen things that should've also come under the same spotlight.

If you're embarrassed by other's actions that's on you, not us. Toughen u;.

Yeah, don't get that one. It is not crying or being soft discussing and questioning why a Canucks top four defenseman is about to be suspended wrongly while in one game the Canucks had three or four major missed calls re: 

In one game:

Hughes highsticked infront of official and no penalty, was cut on the play and the ref has the balls to then sit Hughes for bleeding FROM THE DAMN HIGHTSICK the officials refused to call.

Pettersson, gets boarded, could have been a major and zero by the officials again right in plain view.

Hoglander gets speared in the nuts, nope called as a minor.

Its not crying when one simply has to view the overwhelming evidence and see a bias or negligent officiating. Canucks are not saints but they are playing a more honest game this series. 

I mean if there was no Zadorov involved and McDavid hacked at Soucy and his response was a crosscheck to the face while McDavid was not in the process of falling etc than I would be 100% behind looking at this and understand if there was a suspension. Intent and the chain of events is how it works. If you choose to cherry pick one aspect or action its a poor way to try and ensure justice.

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek

15 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

So let me get this right….

Bennett can throw a well deserved dirty fuckin punch to Marchand and cause injury… no suspension or fine.

Kane can slewfoot all he likes, no suspension or hearings

Ryan can spear guys in the balls no fines or suspension or hearings
Ekholm can cross check a guy hard enough to snap his stick in half, no talk of phone call hearing for intent to injure

Hughes and Pettersson can be hit from a dangerous angle and sent flying head first into the board,  no concerns of supplemental discipline at all…

But Zadorov throws a cheeky cross check and it has to be addressed.

Soucy gets McPrincess in the face only because McBitchtits is knocked downward simultaneously and its gotta be a phone call hearing because its McDavid.

K got it.

I should also add McaAvoys hit on Reinhart who never touched the puck and got completely blown up. Nothing.

25 minutes ago, DSVII said:

on the plus side, maybe he changes his tune when McDavid gives him a cheapshot 😄 

My favorite was when McDavid forgot how to defense and let Boeser get the 2nd goal. That was classic deva.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

This cries tough guy syndrome to me.

Crying? No one's crying...we're discussing. 

And you can't deny that when our guys deliver some pushback it's immediately addressed by a league that's just overlooked about half a dozen things that should've also come under the same spotlight.

If you're embarrassed by other's actions that's on you, not us. Take your own advice and don't be soft?

Oilers fan in disguise, here only to troll is my best guess....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

The players really need to petition to the league and get parros fired. They need to work it into the cba the next player safety guy needs to have the nhlpa approval. How can a predatory punch to the head on an unsuspecting player resulting in injury and missed game go unpunished but an accidental cross check to the face because the guy was falling result in penalty? How do the players in the league feel knowing their safety doesn’t matter if they are not name mcdavid? Makes them hate the guy even more and wants to take cheap shots on him every chance they get even more so

At least he understands what it's like to be crosschecked in the face and punched in the face, which 99% of this site probably can't say.   People go their entire life without this which is just fine, but do wonder how many of those people want to get punched in the face or punch someone in the face and never got the opportunity to do so.   Isn't that what CONTACT sports is all about?    Colin Campbell.   Or Grim Reaper.  Who's best suited for this sort of job anyways.    Those guys are just fine.   I'm sure Paros isn't that impressed with McDwebe's freebie on QHs either.    Not sure you understand the creature you're calling out at all. 

Edited by IBatch

Posted (edited)

Today, after being a bit removed from yesterday’s game, I feel that objectively a suspension is fair. Imagine it was Kane and Bouchard doing that to Hughes? And don’t try to bring up the mcDavid high stick, an accidental stick like that is never a suspension (just a penalty 😡). Even if soucy didn’t intend to get him in the face, you are always responsible for your stick. And honestly, I looked at it a couple times, if Zadorov didn’t get him I still think he might have got him in the face 🫣 soucy had already even given a small slash back before it, for those saying it was payback for mcDavid slash. Soucy slashed him and then cross checked him. I think the fact that mcDavid started it, and that he can claim he wasn’t trying to hit mcDavid face, will  only make it a one game suspension. And I think that’s objectively fair. 

edit: also, the fact that it was after the game ended also makes it worse. 

Edited by Pianoman

I think the issue is the inconsistency - if Ryan had gotten a fine for the pitchfork on Hoglander and Kane would have had a hearing for the slew foot fans might not be quite as upset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

I can live with 1 game, due to optics and result regardless of intent

But if he gets the Aaron Rome treatment it'll be hard to take the rest of the playoffs seriously

Big Z creates reasonable doubt.