Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

34 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.”

"I will find you, and I will kill you" lol 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I loved watching McDiver crumple like a lawn chair as much as the next Canucks fan. But the suspension was deserved. One game is more than fair. If anything, after the shot block he took last game, a game off could help in the long run. And we’re going to need Juulsen if this goes longer, so getting him another game here will keep him engaged too.

You can say that all players are the same, so why not Hyman too - but that’s nonsensical. McDavid is an absolute star. The league can’t allow players to take liberties with him after the whistle. Roughing him up during the play in legal (or even borderline) ways is one thing, but letting this just slide would be a terrible look.

If that is the standard - protect the stars - then where is the protection for Petey and Huggy. Yes, a rhetorical question since there is McDavid on the pedestal and everyone else somewhere beneath him, even Matthews given some of the hits he took from the Bruins that were overlooked and not revisited by the league. 

Edited by Rocket-68

7 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

Didn't this all come about because of McDavids 2 hander slash?

Canucks were happy to win, If McDavid hadn't instigated, there would have been no infractions, so why isn't he involved in this meeting?

That was completely bs. 

1. Huggy bear gets a high stick 

2. Hogs gets a stick to the grain

3.  It was after the whistle end of game should not be fined or suspension end of story.  

Complete utter garbage

Maybe a blessing in discuise 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

If that is the standard - protect the stars - then where is the protection for Petey and Huggy. Yes, a rhetorical question since there is McDavid on the pedestal and everyone else somewhere beneath him, even Matthews given some of the hits he took from the Bruins that were overlooked and not revisited by the league. 

Bedard should of came to us!!! He is the next guy gonna be on nhl pedestal. 

1. Gretzky

2. Mcfluff

3.bedard

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Can the NHL explain the logic that they're, using here please? 

Zadorov gets cross checked  in the face by Hyman…nothing.

Hughes gets cross checked in the face two games ago nothing. 

McCrybaby gets touched after he slashes and the NHL suspends Soucy. 

It seems that the NHL is protecting him and takes out Soucy for a pivotal game…

Also notice, how none of his teammates came to help him there.. during the incident. Oilers can’t play tough sissy’s;).

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

There is a HUGE difference between stuff that happens during the play of the game, and stuff that happens when the play is dead - especially when the game is over. Morgan Reilly had the book thrown at him for it. 

• Cheers 1

No prob with the fine for Zads but the suspension is a joke. He only got hit in the face because he buckled lunder the Zadorov hit. Soucy was aiming to crosscheck his chest and he got a 2 minute penalty which I'm OK with. The suspension is totally unjustified.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Sapper said:

The league has already said they have done reviewing all of it and they are done 

It is what it is ..... Yes it's 100% double standard and bs but it's time to move on and focus on game 4.  I hope they play mean and physical but don't take the bait because even farting near a couple of the Oilers will draw a 5 for retaliation 

Keep it legal , mean , nasty and the then bring this series home 

Absolutely. If they have anything is their heads pertaining to this incident or go seeking some sort of pay back, it will backfire and the Oilers are going to win the mental game and get a bunch of powerplays (the refs will be watching closely for that). The games are too close to give in to that kind of thinking.

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

There is a HUGE difference between stuff that happens during the play of the game, and stuff that happens when the play is dead - especially when the game is over. Morgan Reilly had the book thrown at him for it. 

Yeah so Hyman should be gone for a game since he crosschecked Zadorov after the play and cut him open

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I know people want to even things up, but the missed high stick by McDavid on Hughes and his slash, and Kane kicking his skates around when he was turned on the bench, and even his slewfoot are ones we can stop trying to compare. Missed calls are missed calls.

This was a little more dangerous just because of McDavid falling and it isn't Soucy's fault other than that he was going to cross-check him in the upper chest. It's kinda a combo deal with Zadorov's fine leading to a high potential for injury. One could argue it isn't worth a game, but it isn't cut and dry. 

Now, Hyman coming in, that's another story. The only thing that saves him is he half way releases his stick during the cross-check, but then I think that's what actually causes the cut on Zadorov. He definitely comes in hot with his stick aimed way too high and it really should have been looked at. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

So Soucy rewarded with a day off. 

Rest up get ready for game 5.

Keep hitting and winning against these fkn bitches 

Mckaren yell at the ref Dryrub explaining bad goaltending 

Kane getting rag dolled 

Stuart Stinker playing as expected 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

I have faith that Tocchet will keep his team on an even keel.  

I suspect these things typically have a longer life-span in the head's of fans than players. Or at least when they 100% focused on the moment when on the ice.

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

So NHL deemed Soucys crosscheck "not a hockey play". McD's swinging stick is? Should of at least been a fine for McDouche

I think McDavid's slash was a mitigating factor in Soucy's suspension. If there's no slash before the cross-check, it's probably 3 games for Soucy. So no fine for McDavid *but* a shorter suspension for Soucy.

Also, $5K is the max fine, and I'll bet you can find that in loose hundreds between the seats of McDavid's Tesla. He wouldn't miss it ...

• Cheers 1

I'm waiting for the moment when the league brass crosses the wrong oddsmaker and finds themselves individually hunted like the pathetic dogs that they are so that they can be given concrete shoes and an abrupt introduction to the bottom of the Hudson River.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

I think McDavid's slash was a mitigating factor in Soucy's suspension. If there's no slash before the cross-check, it's probably 3 games for Soucy. So no fine for McDavid *but* a shorter suspension for Soucy.

Also, $5K is the max fine, and I'll bet you can find that in loose hundreds between the seats of McDavid's Tesla. He wouldn't miss it ...

If there’s no slash by McDavid nothing else happens.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

$5K against career earnings of over $100million. Not even going to notice it. They really need to do these by percents of salaries or some other reasonable scale.

• Cheers 1