Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Got it right IMO. 1 game is fair. Was a dumb move at the end of a game you just won. Pure stupidity,  but stuff happens.

Your opinion is at the very least wrong....

20 minutes ago, Hat Trick Maker said:

So, is there a proper channel to express our concern of such officiating inconsistencies or should we expect more unnecessary violence because the NHL is simply corrupt and does not give a poop about fairness

Welcome to Canuck fandom.

Happy with the result, could have been the series.    Now we can enjoy McDiver/McBaby getting his ass handed to him forever, and all it cost was one Soucy game.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

"I will find you, and I will kill you" lol 

Lol, imagine that big bastard yelling at you in a dark alley. If I was on the Oilers it would be Mr Zadorov sir. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Hymen needs to be suspended too. Canucks should call them out. League is guaranteed an Oiler win tomorrow basically 

Fuck the league , Coilers and their Mc- no personality- Whiner Captain 

37 minutes ago, Hat Trick Maker said:

So, is there a proper channel to express our concern of such officiating inconsistencies or should we expect more unnecessary violence because the NHL is simply corrupt and does not give a poop about fairness

try screaming into a pillow. 

• Haha 2

I mean, one of our depth D  crosschecked the literal best player in the world in the face.  Well after the game ended.  A game is fine.  Next man up and move on.

And before you call out McDavid’s slash, we all know Soucy gets nothing if he slashed him back in the leg. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Spare us this Stockholm syndrome bs.  Supplementary discipline exists (among other reasons) to make up for missed calls on dangerous plays, of which there were no fewer than 5 against us in game 2.  That the league has double standards in protecting players is the issue here. 

Refs should also be subject to supplemental discipline.  A guy like Sutherland is a hazard to player safety with his lack of professionalism and should have been suspended for his misconduct in game 2.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I mean, one of our depth D  crosschecked the literal best player in the world in the face.  Well after the game ended.  A game is fine.  Next man up and move on.

And before you call out McDavid’s slash, we all know Soucy gets nothing if he slashed him back in the leg. 

Yeah, but F*ck 'em.

Best player in the world getting taken to school. He should get out of that shit town and shut his damn yap. Soucy didn't hit that mush hard enough. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I ain't even mad. Next man up mentality.

We have the depth they can only dream of.

Insert Noah Juulsen,

Can't wait for the Juu Juu Train to knock Kane out next.

Then Soucy comes back at home and we wipe up the oil stain in 5 games 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I think it was unfortunate circumstances and although I hate to admit it I do agree Soucy deserved a 1 game. Imagine trying to dispute that in the hearing:

"Hello Soucy what's ur defense for cross checking McDavid??'

"Well he slashed my leg. Just unfortunate my big Z cross checked at the same time accidentally on purpose."

Like there's no defense. Sorry my other guy hit him at the same time? I agree it was lucky / coincidence but that doesn't excuse it. 

NOW THE REAL ISSUE: 

McDavid high stick on Hughes,

PETTERSON head first into the boards, 

Kane slew footing

Kane launching his leg down on Zadorov (slow it down. I think it was intentional.)

Hymen cross checking Zadorov in the face (requiring stitches per Tocchet who's widely respected for fair play and wouldn't bs that.)

Hoglander speared in the nutsack

Bennett who sucker punched Marchand (tbh Marchand is such a dirty player as much as I hate to see any player injured I won't lose sleep over Marchand )

The list just goes on and on. But Soucy? Clean record, accidental at best, no injury that's physically visible, heat of the moment suspended 1 game. 

I guess spearing in the nuts, ON PURPOSE, is a "hockey play". 

I think Canucks fans have every right to be angry. Even if it is one game, with the NHL logic Hymen and Kane should both have 1 game too at minimum. 

....the sad part is the NHL probably also knows if they suspend Hymen then Ian Cole / Draisaital are tied in 'Goals For' 

Edited by yawn
  • Cheers 1

Watching the Avs Stars game and even the Avs commentators talking about Soucy/Zadorov and lightly mocking the NHL in how there had to be action against us because of who the target was. Some folks obviously kind of tired of the NHl protecting his whiny ass.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, but F*ck 'em.

Best player in the world getting taken to school. He should get out of that shit town and shut his damn yap. Soucy didn't hit that mush hard enough. 

haha yeah, I don’t feel bad for McD one bit. 

43 minutes ago, yawn said:

I think it was unfortunate circumstances and although I hate to admit it I do agree Soucy deserved a 1 game. Imagine trying to dispute that in the hearing:

"Hello Soucy what's ur defense for cross checking McDavid??'

"Well he slashed my leg. Just unfortunate my big Z cross checked at the same time accidentally on purpose."

Like there's no defense. Sorry my other guy hit him at the same time? I agree it was lucky / coincidence but that doesn't excuse it. 

NOW THE REAL ISSUE: 

McDavid high stick on Hughes,

PETTERSON head first into the boards, 

Kane slew footing

Kane launching his leg down on Zadorov (slow it down. I think it was intentional.)

Hymen cross checking Zadorov in the face (requiring stitches per Tocchet who's widely respected for fair play and wouldn't bs that.)

Hoglander speared in the nutsack

Bennett who sucker punched Marchand (tbh Marchand is such a dirty player as much as I hate to see any player injured I won't lose sleep over Marchand )

The list just goes on and on. But Soucy? Clean record, accidental at best, no injury that's physically visible, heat of the moment suspended 1 game. 

I guess spearing in the nuts, ON PURPOSE, is a "hockey play". 

I think Canucks fans have every right to be angry. Even if it is one game, with the NHL logic Hymen and Kane should both have 1 game too at minimum. 

....the sad part is the NHL probably also knows if they suspend Hymen then Ian Cole / Draisaital are tied in 'Goals For' 

And yeah, DoPS never makes any sense. Could have easily given out a few other suspensions.. could have easily given Soucy a fine.

The McDavid factor absolutely plays into this - and it’s just kind of unfortunate Zad smacked him perfectly so he’d take one in the yap.

In any case, it’s one game and next man up. Hopefully Juulsen’s chomping at the bit to get into the mix.

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Vanux said:

The constant is the inconsistency consistently being inconsistent constantly.

😵‍💫

As a consequence of concentrating on your consternation, to be concise I have become constantly and consistently incontinent, just like the NHL’s DOPS. 

Thank you.

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

Oh, I'm sorry, did you expect this series to be called fairly? Did you expect the NHL to not demonstrate homerism towards its Golden Boy? Hate to break it to anybody who was mislead early on but this is a billion dollar industry, it pays to not be impartial. It's a marketing decision, baby. "The best player in the world leading the Edmonton Oilers into the Stanley Cup Final.." sounds a helluva of a lot better than the Canucks potentially making the dance. 

Anyway, look at Exhibit A: Connor xchecking Miller in the head. Nothing.

Exhibit B: Hyman xchecking Big Z in the head. Nothing.

Exhibit C: Connor lumberjacking Soucy. Nothing.

Then of course we have Exhibit D and E where Ryan spears Hoglander in the testicles, and Kane slew foots Hughes. Nothing.

Not a wimper from the NHL on any of that.

REGARDLESS of what happens this series, I take solace in knowing the Oilers are simply still not strong enough to win the Cup. Fuck those assholes and their fan base. 

442495632_10159835313167791_2845635863034219449_n.jpg

xcheck.JPG

426351910_7700424620021679_688338360903366640_n.jpg

Edited by TortorellasRant
  • Like 3