Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

I mean, one of our depth D  crosschecked the literal best player in the world in the face.  Well after the game ended.  A game is fine.  Next man up and move on.

And before you call out McDavid’s slash, we all know Soucy gets nothing if he slashed him back in the leg. 

Fans complain so the team can remain focused on the prize. This Canucks team doesn't whine, they just go about their business.

Hyman cross checked Big Z in the face in the same scrum and Z needed stitches (not so much for McDavid) so your hypothetical slashing comparison is either irrelevant or shows rulings for the same act are different for certain players.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The garbage of the league, even worse then Calgary on a bad day. Have to admit though; Boeser laughing was priceless

Some loser. Zadorov is living the dream and would've beat his ass. 

Edited by TortorellasRant
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

And no one from the Coilers stood up for McDavid ... and with General Zeke & Soucy on the ice, I would have been surprised if anyone did. Still, have to stick up for your star players no matter what - very telling about the Coilers. 

If someone took that kind of shot on Petey or Huggy at the end of the game, you can bet one of JT, Soucy, Cole, Zadorov, Joshua and perhaps even Garland would have laid the lumber to the chicklets in response. 

You mean like Lauzon in Mashville? No response at all when Petey got leveled 😥

10 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

Zadorov slash was worse than McDavid's, but McDavid's started it all

If it were me, I'd go:

- Zadorov: $5k fine

- McDavid: $2.5k fine

- Soucy - 1 game suspension

But, of course, McDavid will be given preferential treatment and will walk away unscathed

If we really wanna stoop to who started it chatter, it was Soucy shoving slimeball, slimeball slashing Soucy, Soucy starting to slash back then going for the crosscheck instead just as my new fave Canuck arrives to destroy slime all from behind. 

So, technically, we started it but for that dipshit to go from taking a shove to delivering a 2 handed slash with no repercussions at all is just the perfect illustration of what’s wrong with league discipline 

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The garbage of the league, even worse then Calgary on a bad day. Have to admit though; Boeser laughing was priceless

I think it’s hilarious, I’d likely be doing worse if I was sitting beside the oilers box. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I think it’s hilarious, I’d likely be doing worse if I was sitting beside the oilers box. 

Your insults would be much more creative and clever though... We both know you got some real gems in your arsenal. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

I ain't even mad. Next man up mentality.

We have the depth they can only dream of.

Insert Noah Juulsen,

Can't wait for the Juu Juu Train to knock Kane out next.

Then Soucy comes back at home and we wipe up the oil stain in 5 games 

Honestly, I send him out to straight up wreck Crysaitl if the game is not in question in the last 10 minutes :hurhur:

1 hour ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Fans complain so the team can remain focused on the prize. This Canucks team doesn't whine, they just go about their business.

Hyman cross checked Big Z in the face in the same scrum and Z needed stitches (not so much for McDavid) so your hypothetical slashing comparison is either irrelevant or shows rulings for the same act are different for certain players.

I mean, yeah, when I contrasted a depth D vs a guy many consider to be the best player in the world I'm implying McDavid’s status is why Soucy got the game.  That makes sense in a way.  Can’t be the whole story, but I can accept that it has some weight.

Seeing and hearing media reporters/people (Sportsnet & TSN especially) protect McDavid & other Oilers players over and over just gets annoying. Everyone knows this league is a joke now but sports reporters just bashing one team and favouring another team openly just makes one question their credibility. First it was Leafs all over Sportsnet and now it's Oilers. Watch them jump on Canucks bandwagon for viewership sake once this series is done and dusted.

Don't know the name of this lady on Sportsnet but in nutshell she was like "crosscheck by Soucy & Zadorov on McDavid is not same as the crosscheck by Hymen on Zadorov, Hymen didn't wind up full swing to crosscheck like how other 2 did" ... it's just 🤦🏼‍♂️

Our boys are professional athletes. To play at this level, it's not like they need any additional motivation. But, seeing this media behave should motivate them to prove them wrong just like they have all season long.

Go Canucks Go!!  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

As a consequence of concentrating on your consternation, to be concise I have become constantly and consistently incontinent, just like the NHL’s DOPS. 

Thank you.

I offer my condolences and am concerned to hear of your incontinence, but I take great comfort and consolation in the fact that, unlike the NHL's DOPeS, you are not incompetent.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Honestly, I send him out to straight up wreck Crysaitl if the game is not in question in the last 10 minutes :hurhur:

Put him on the starting line up and wreck him first shift. 

Don't give them any life,  no game will be in question. Canucks in 5

21 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

Joke is on them, Juulsen hits and blocks shots more than Soucy. 

Yep, be careful what you wish for.

I hope the team really turns up the heat on McBaby and hits him (and Craisaitl) at every opportunity.

I'm sure Connor feels quite special right now knowing his Mama bro's have got his back. Knock that right out of him. He's a whiny  puke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Yep, be careful what you wish for.

I hope they want revenge and try to retaliate. Coil on the PK means Coil with less PP time, and that’s great for us. Just as long as the boys keep their heads up, stay aware and the refs do their job correctly. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hat Trick Maker said:

F_JXIkVXoAA2Sij?format=jpg&name=large

Okay... Appreciate not hiding your aligence.  Truth is I think most of us canuck fans can relate to how you're feeling.  The refs are letting more physical on the edge and some over the edge play go without penalty.  Normally through regular season, many more penalties would have been called for both teams.  But right or wrong, this is the playoffs. And we can dish out more pain to your team than your team ours. 

This is war... Nothing's fair in war

The 2011 team relied heavily on our pp to make the other team play for their transgressions.  It work through the season and into the playoffs... Until the Bruins.  AV our coach preferred we turn the other cheek.  So we did until the Bruins brought us into a fight that we had no part being in.  Not well equipped for the fight and lost.

Truth is, even if the oil win this series... Vans already won the war.  If the oil make it... They'll lose next round... They're already beat up and spent.

Nucks aren't as nasty as the 2011 Bruins but they're big and nasty on the back end.  With quality deep goaltending, heart and soul two hundred foot committed forwards and a great system to fall back in when needed to regroup.  

Yah I know this sucks for you... And it ain't fair.  But we're going to continue to kick your ass, and there's nothing you or they can do about it.  Sorry... Not sorry.  All the best though.

GCG!

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tuboo said:

The canucks may as well  spear all the nuts of the top Oilers starting with McDouche.  The DOPS has already set the precedent that supplementary penalties will not be given, to the Canucks' opponents.