Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

DOPS needs to be held accountable for this.  It's time for the NHL to stop making excuses and start cleaning up the open corruption.  Pretending the repeated misconduct from the league is acceptable is ridiculous; these dirtbags need to be brought in front of a judge.

Nothing is gonna change until someone mamanage to hack into the NHL servers and retrieve and making public the receipts. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Nothing is gonna change until someone mamanage to hack into the NHL servers and retrieve and making liblic the receipts. 

Been saying this for years...  We need to see the internal memos that get sent out to the NHL refs for "game management".

• Cheers 1

How many more times are people going to rehash the list of missed calls. Christ I get that’s it’s frustrating, but it’s also irritating reading so many of you make the exact same points and seeing who can provide the best summary haha! What’s done is done and we’re going to win next game with a Juulsen in the lineup that Edmonton is going to regret having to square up with. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Nothing is gonna change until someone mamanage to hack into the NHL servers and retrieve and making liblic the receipts. 

Even then, Campbell is still employed despite written documentation of gross misconduct.

• Cheers 1

Lame, but not shocking about the 1 game for Soucy. On the plus side, he could probably use the rest after that shot block yesterday that kept him off the ice for half a period. Plus Jules could use some ice time, and we know he comes with the physical play. 
Canucks need to ramp up the hits and the offence. Keep pushing!

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Even then, Campbell is still employed despite written documentation of gross misconduct.

You need a scandal so big that owners have no choice but to clean ship. 

Other way is for us fans to grow a lair and stop watching the league. Money talks after all. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Goalie Interference said:

One of the things I really admire about Allvin and Tocchet is that they don't gripe about officiating. I read somewhere that PA has said that he didn't want the Canucks to be a team that whinges about adversity--injuries, officiating, schedules, etc. As fans we can bitch and moan, but I really like the fact our coach and management don't get involved in that. Have faith in our depth and our system; we'll be okay.

I like this approach as well, the appearance of stability and respect. Problem is as a fan I am seeing multiple situations now where the Canucks are getting ripped off by the on ice officials and just took a hit by the league with the loss of Soucy. I would like to see a degree of pushback by the organization even if it is an acknowledgement that they don't agree or question why other situations fell on blind officiating or deaf ears. 

Nobody is saying the Canucks are saints at all, but there have been a good few incidents now that are disappointing to say the least as a fan of hockey and a lack of accountability.

Either way the Canucks will push forward and take the series this round.  

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

How many more times are people going to rehash the list of missed calls. Christ I get that’s it’s frustrating, but it’s also irritating reading so many of you make the exact same points and seeing who can provide the best summary haha! What’s done is done and we’re going to win next game with a Juulsen in the lineup that Edmonton is going to regret having to square up with. 

don't read them.

I have confidence in Juulsen, there will likely be more than one moment where he is out of position and if he is against some of that Oilers top end speed it could very well be costly.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I like this approach as well, the appearance of stability and respect. Problem is as a fan I am seeing multiple situations now where the Canucks are getting ripped off by the on ice officials and just took a hit by the league with the loss of Soucy. I would like to see a degree of pushback by the organization even if it is an acknowledgement that they don't agree or question why other situations fell on blind officiating or deaf ears. 

Nobody is saying the Canucks are saints at all, but there have been a good few incidents now that are disappointing to say the least as a fan of hockey and a lack of accountability.

Either way the Canucks will push forward and take the series this round.  

Pretty sure Tochett did that subtly by saying DoPS was looking at something else also in that scrum. 

That brought out the Hymen clear crosscheck to the face on Zad into the forefront putting DoPS in a tough spot. Pretty sure DoPS and the league did not like that. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 2

• Ribs changed the title to Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers
2 minutes ago, 24K said:

You need a scandal so big that owners have no choice but to clean ship. 

Other way is for us fans to grow a lair and stop watching the league. Money talks after all. 

I've hit that point these playoffs.  Watching our guys but I'm not taking much time out of my day to watch the WWE's take on hockey elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Soucy can rest his foot.

Juuls gets some action.

Seems good to me.

After his stinger on the same previous injured foot I wondered if he may sit next game if we won .. to make sure it was healed 

Anyhow still better for him to sit a game than big Z

I’m okay with the fine and suspension themselves. I’m not okay with no fines or suspension to McDavid and Hyman respectively. But that ship seems to have sailed. So I’m fine with our team not yapping about reffing in the media and not expect they’re having these conversations with the league behind closed doors as Tocc has alluded to. A hearts and minds campaign from historically fickle fans isn't going to force the hand of the league to address accountability and transparency - especially not during active competition. It’s an off-season discussion. 

I am very happy that Boston seems to have addressed the reffing problem publicly though. Let them take the scorn of the refs in game so that the rest of us teams may benefit!

7 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I’m okay with the fine and suspension themselves. I’m not okay with no fines or suspension to McDavid and Hyman respectively. But that ship seems to have sailed. So I’m fine with our team not yapping about reffing in the media and not expect they’re having these conversations with the league behind closed doors as Tocc has alluded to. A hearts and minds campaign from historically fickle fans isn't going to force the hand of the league to address accountability and transparency - especially not during active competition. It’s an off-season discussion. 

I am very happy that Boston seems to have addressed the reffing problem publicly though. Let them take the scorn of the refs in game so that the rest of us teams may benefit!

th?id=OIP.8n3V7ZUmwL95T4SVkzF5BAAAAA&w=250&h=250&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Isolate this incident and yea it’s worth a game. Imagine this had happened to Pettersson, we would all be yelling for 5.

What fans have a problem with is the lack of discipline for other plays like the Hoglander spearing or the Kane slewfoot. Factor those in and this suddenly doesn’t seem so fair.

If the tables were reversed I wouldn't be. Soucy would have hit McDavid in the chest if not for Zadorov crosschecking McDavid at the same time. That's not a suspension, especially since it was McDavid that escalated the play after Soucy shoved him, by 2 handing Soucy with his stick. League is a joke, and I don't see it ever changing

Edited by Psycho_Path

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

All things considered it's not a bad price to pay to see mcwhiner hacked down  lol

Good thing we have Juulsen and Soucy probably need a game off anyways with his foot. 

• Cheers 2