Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

We got the win we needed and at worse we go home tied.  This team has shown great resilience on the road and if we can somehow win tmmr. I have a feeling we can finish them off on Thursday.

It would be so sweet if we could win despite everything against us.  All the media predicting us to lose defies logic.  Yes they have arguably the top two offensive forwards in the game but when they have to play them for half the game just to stay close to us, something is wrong.  Our goaltending is much better than there's and we don't even have our #1 in net.  They don't have a soon to be Norris winning Defenseman in Hughes.  They don't have a Zads who can hit to hurt.  They also don't have as many players on the team that can play a 200 ft. game like a Lindholm who is doing his best impression of a healthy Gabriel Landeskog.  The lack of respect is truly appalling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Meh, worth it. Hopefully Oilers are running around like the punks they are tomorrow night and Canucks toast them.

Yep.   This was a result I can live with too.   What we can watch forever is a crosscheck to McDivers face.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

One game is best case scenario considering we're up 2-1

Best case scenario would have been McDavid getting a lifetime suspension and Sutherland being retro fired for all the BS we had to deal with from him.

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Do they go 

zad-myers

cole-juulsen

or

cole myers 

zad juulsen

i hope the first 

Put Cole up front as a forward,maybe Canucks will get deflections then.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, bertuzzi44fan said:

Put Cole up front as a forward,maybe Canucks will get deflections then.

Net front? Lol jokes aside the one boxing out mcdavid was crazy unlucky 

Edited by R3aL

20 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I really enjoy the discourse in this forum and do my best to keep up to date so I can discuss with topics of interest. Simply not reading them isn’t really an option for a forum. Thanks though.

image.jpeg.846fb796530d3d14d83661b6122655fc.jpeg

But you just said it's irritating reading these forums. Which is it? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Best case scenario would have been McDavid getting a lifetime suspension and Sutherland being retro fired for all the BS we had to deal with from him.

Perhaps, but none of that is remotely realistic. 

Getting a hearing generally results in a suspension, the fact that it's just a game is great news. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bob Long said:

this is it. It does hurt us a little bit, Juuls has been good but he's not Soucy. But a Cole-Juuls pairing should be adequate and they likely play Hughes extra minutes. 

It doesn't fundamentally change anything about our approach, and in fact might give the guys a little extra motivation to pick Soucy up, and tell the league to f-off at the same time given the non-calls from game 2.

Edmonton: "HAHA Soucy is gone, guess Vancouver is gonna have to play a tiny wimpy little shrimp instead!"

the wimpy shrimp: alt text

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

1 game for Soucy, and I've never been more proud as a Canuck's fan.

A boatload of Burkie's truculence was in order for that sniveling puke McWimp, and Soucy (and Zads) dished it

I hope Juules slots in a continues the pummeling of that whining, diving, bullshit Oil Stain team, along with DJ, JTM, TM57 and the rest

If they think Soucy being suspended will reduce the physicality, they're in for a big surprise.  They've probably never even watched Juulsen play.  They won't know what hit them.

• ThereItIs 4

3 things:

1: I'm okay with only one game.

2: Daniel Sedin has already reached out to Bennet to buy him dinner after the playoffs.

3: McWhiney's yellow non-contact jersey will be ready for Tuesday's game

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

His intention wasn't a push, it was a retaliation cross check......however, the intention wasn't a crosscheck to the face.  Still, it'll be a game, minimum, or there wouldn't be an in person hearing

You can't speak to his intention. 

And if McDavid wasn't up in his face he wouldn't have had to cross-check him out of his personal space.

The refs are crap and if you continue to support them don't expect many to agree with you.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Isolate this incident and yea it’s worth a game. Imagine this had happened to Pettersson, we would all be yelling for 5.

What fans have a problem with is the lack of discipline for other plays like the Hoglander spearing or the Kane slewfoot. Factor those in and this suddenly doesn’t seem so fair.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise, so it sucks Soucy sits for a game. It could be worse, could of been more or risk the Oilers running our stars if nothing was done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Meh, worth it. Hopefully Oilers are running around like the punks they are tomorrow night and Canucks toast them.

100% there is a silver lining to this. The Oilers have 2 revenge options.

1. Cross check, hack, run Nikita Zadorov (resulting in penalties) and Nikita Zadorov targeting your body for the remainder of the series. 

2. Fight Nikita Zadorov resulting in brutal defeat in front of your home crowd and or career ending brain damage. 

Either way There is no escaping Nikita Zadorov. 

“what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.”

Liam Neeson - Taken. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise, so it sucks Soucy sits for a game. It could be worse, could of been more or risk the Oilers running our stars if nothing was done.

If the Oilers try that, the gutless coward they have wearing the C will be leaving the ice on a stretcher.

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Of course they're not reviewing all incidents.  Not sure why any "media" personnel would share the league's lie in that regard.  Either that, or else the Coilers brass (or individual players like [name sounds like woman's body part]) have compromising photos of league brass that Soucy and BigZads clearly didn't have.  :classic_rolleyes: