Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

20 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I know people want to even things up, but the missed high stick by McDavid on Hughes and his slash, and Kane kicking his skates around when he was turned on the bench, and even his slewfoot are ones we can stop trying to compare. Missed calls are missed calls.

This was a little more dangerous just because of McDavid falling and it isn't Soucy's fault other than that he was going to cross-check him in the upper chest. It's kinda a combo deal with Zadorov's fine leading to a high potential for injury. One could argue it isn't worth a game, but it isn't cut and dry. 

Now, Hyman coming in, that's another story. The only thing that saves him is he half way releases his stick during the cross-check, but then I think that's what actually causes the cut on Zadorov. He definitely comes in hot with his stick aimed way too high and it really should have been looked at. 

Spare us this Stockholm syndrome bs.  Supplementary discipline exists (among other reasons) to make up for missed calls on dangerous plays, of which there were no fewer than 5 against us in game 2.  That the league has double standards in protecting players is the issue here. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Retaliation is always factored in.

Let’s see, Soucy pushes McD away from himself, McD retaliates with a 2 handed slash, nope, not factored in.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

I think McDavid's slash was a mitigating factor in Soucy's suspension. If there's no slash before the cross-check, it's probably 3 games for Soucy. So no fine for McDavid *but* a shorter suspension for Soucy.

Also, $5K is the max fine, and I'll bet you can find that in loose hundreds between the seats of McDavid's Tesla. He wouldn't miss it ...

that figures.... McDoofus driving a Tesla in the middle of OIL COUNTRY

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Also notice, how none of his teammates came to help him there.. during the incident.

I didn't really notice at the time and didn't really think about it until I read your post.

They don't like him any more than we do.  They probably don't like Draisaitl much either.

Coupla snobs, coupla paid goons, not much of a team.

Even with the league and the media pushing for them, they won't be able to overcome our superior play and true sportsmanship.

The Truth Will Out!  Take Tocchet At His Word!  "We don't lie."

Lord Stanley's Message to The Boys:  Keep it clean; keep it fair; and beat them like the rented donkeys they are!

• Cheers 3

Lovely ethical suspension:

-EDM loses the game

-McDavid out of frustration instigates with a slash to Soucy

-Zadorov slashes back of McDavid, causing him to fall forwards

-Soucy's intended crosscheck to McDavid's chest hits him in the head

-Hyman skates in from the side of Zadorov and strikes him in the head with his stick.

Intent: McDavid (slash), Zadorov (slash), Soucy (crosscheck) & Hyman (crosscheck).

DOPS decision wheel: Suspend Soucy, protect the star players. 

• Upvote 2

Honestly, a game for Soucy makes sense in a “NHL” kinda way. I doubt Oilers fans are happy with it either.  Cole moves to the left and Juulsen tags in, ready to hit everything in sight.  As long as Zad and Myers can lock down McDink we’re just fine.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

He sets the tone for the team by not going full Torts on bad calls on us.  Also makes sure our team doesn’t engage in trash talking or giving the other team bulletin board material.  Remember Luongo’s comments on Thomas in 2011?  Team is focused on what the task at hand is.  I think they are far less bothered than our fans are.

He's got a short shelf life (even considering the short careers of most NHL head coaches) but Torts has won the Jack Adams trophy twice (along with a Cup ring as a head coach).  The Sedins still have a decent relationship with Torts.  Granted, the Sedins are just that classy.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

I didn't really notice at the time and didn't really think about it until I read your post.

They don't like him any more than we do.  They probably don't like Draisaitl much either.

Coupla snobs, coupla paid goons, not much of a team.

Even with the league and the media pushing for them, they won't be able to overcome our superior play and true sportsmanship.

The Truth Will Out!  Take Tocchet At His Word!  "We don't lie."

Lord Stanley's Message to The Boys:  Keep it clean; keep it fair; and beat them like the rented donkeys they are!

I love the post buds, instead of keeping it clean and fair…..🧐

cheat, steal and kill……LOL,

whatever it takes to win, we already know they don’t like it rough.

IMG_1550.gif

Edited by The Aquaman

17 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Freaking love this quote from DJ (stud, long-term Canuck):

“It brings that band-of-brothers mentality. Everybody's got each other's back. That's the way we're rolling.”

this team has juice. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

Also, $5K is the max fine, and I'll bet you can find that in loose hundreds between the seats of McDavid's Tesla

That Douche probably does drive a Tesla.

• Haha 1

I was looking closer at that Hyman cross check to Big Z’s face and can’t believe there is no action there. Hyman had intent to land it on his face (he’d have to, to reach up that high) and actually did damage causing stitches. Soucy wasn’t intending to hit McDavid’s face - that was circumstance caused by Big Z, who was hit with a fine. Such bizarre rulings.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I was looking closer at that Hyman cross check to Big Z’s face and can’t believe there is no action there. Hyman had intent to land it on his face (he’d have to, to reach up that high) and actually did damage causing stitches. Soucy wasn’t intending to hit McDavid’s face - that was circumstance caused by Big Z, who was hit with a fine. Such bizarre rulings.

Right…..I like to think logical at times. But on this one, I can’t seem to find the logic on this suspension.

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

The media is powerful. All you heard about today was Bennetts goal and the Soucy crosscheck. No mention of Hyman crosscheck or anything the Oilers had done this series 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

So, is there a proper channel to express our concern of such officiating inconsistencies or should we expect more unnecessary violence because the NHL is simply corrupt and does not give a poop about fairness

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1