Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

6 hours ago, The Aquaman said:

Can the NHL explain the logic that they're, using here please? 

Zadorov gets cross checked  in the face by Hyman…nothing.

Hughes gets cross checked in the face two games ago nothing. 

McCrybaby gets touched after he slashes and the NHL suspends Soucy. 

It seems that the NHL is protecting him and takes out Soucy for a pivotal game…

Also notice, how none of his teammates came to help him there.. during the incident. Oilers can’t play tough sissy’s;).

What do you have against sissies?

• Haha 2

LET THE OILERS AND THE UNFAIR NHL BRASS DO THEIR THING..CANUCKS JUST NEED TO PLAY EVEN KEEL SMART HOCKEY AND HARD NOSE GAME AND SEE HOW THEY CAN USE THIS UNFAIR SUSPENSION AND FINE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE.TIME TO PLAY SOME DON CHERRY STYLE HOCKEY..THE BEST THING TO DO NOW IS IT TO TURN UP THE HEAT AND PLAY SOME VERY SMART HOCKEY ALONG WITH A GAME PLAN THAT IS SIMPLE YET DICTATING.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Par for the course for this league.

We can only laugh at them at this point.

Just cheer on our team knowing they play the Oilers and their Mama bro's in the league. They probably have crossing guards to help them get from the parking lot to the arena.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pianoman said:

Hot take: Cole is actually playing quite well. Just had some reaaaaaaaaaally unlucky breaks the last few games

I agree with this, I think Cole has been brilliant usually, especially in the corners and in front of the net. He's been very unlucky but that's what happens when you're a big body in the crease. If he gets more out-of-the-way then the Oilers forward can get nestled in there so he has to be there. The OT goal was bad, but he was trying to block the back-door. The goal off his chest was just unlucky. The high tip he probably shouldn't have stuck his stick out so far ahead of the play but has tipped so many pucks out of play that way.

I think he has to keep playing his game. We need him more than we don't need him. It was a shame to see his ice-time go down the last few games, probably because of his mistakes, but to be fair Zadorov has been a beast everywhere and not a liability defensively like he was in the regular season so he's taking more minutes.

Now with Soucy out for a game I think we have to really lean on Cole to defend hard and play 20+ minutes.

I have no problem with the Soucy suspension but Hyman doing the same, if not worse to cause injury, gets nothing? Not sure how to league completely ignores that.

Crazy that the Oilers forwards have caused two facial bleeding injuries to the Canucks and not even a fine. I know the high-stick was "missed" and they can't review or discipline it but sticks to the face causing bleeding and stitches goes completely missed - mainly because it's their top offensive stars.

Got to use this fuel for the fire and win the next game to really shove it to them.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

My good God! Look how that brutal cross check in the teeth (per Mark Spector) messed up McDavid's face!!! His lip gloss is smeared!

GNhYJnFacAAOI59?format=png&name=900x900

F Mark Spector.... he is just butt hurt that his article about the poor Canucks never stood a chance...

He is such a clown... 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

If Zad and Soucy had done the same to Kane after a two handed slash, nothing would have happened.

The league protecting their poster boy.... 

The NHL likes a bit of violence, as it sells... As long as their superstar poster boys aren't on the receiving end of it...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, -dlc- said:

So the head first into the boards hit on Petey? That could've been pretty dangerous.

I don't agree.

Things that are against the rules and could or do injure players all need to be addressed. This pick and choose system is not doing ANYTHING to deter dirty play or protect players. They're more than missed calls...they were blatant dirty plays.

The one that was suspension worthy was Nurse knocking EP head first into the boards... reality is Soucy only got one game because McDavid wasn't injured (or at least is saying he isn't) and if EP did get injured Nurse would be sitting right now still.    They are supposed to suspend based on the severity of the injury, including what could have happened as well.     Soucy was fair.   Hyman, Nurse and even McDavid's high-stick (under the face shield could have hit his eye) all were dirty plays.     That were "missed."    Also think that Soucy didn't get more games, because some of this was factored in.     What EDM doesn't realize, is the script is going to flip on them, and soon.  

Canucks are gaining steam,  media likes an underdog and is picking up the double standard, one sidedness.   

• Cheers 2

Oh, the plot thickens as Hyman crosschecked Zadorov in the face (same play as when McDavid got hit) and needed stitches. I wonder what the league will do?

12 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Oh, the plot thickens as Hyman crosschecked Zadorov in the face (same play as when McDavid got hit) and needed stitches. I wonder what the league will do?

They have already done it, nothing other than continue to give them permission for hacks, groin spears and what ever dirtbag moves they use to try to draw us into penalties. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Not to be a dick, but have noticed a few posters who seem to love sucking EDM's going back to the regular season.    Tonight would be the perfect time to strike and watch our Canucks, play our "A" game, which we haven't had yet this playoffs.   Nothing would make me happier, then to see us destroy them on the scoreboard, their dirty players start their crap, and watching Zadarov make mincemeat of Nurse,  Miller Draisatl or Hyman,  Myers whomever, and galvanizing our locker room.   

And then roasting the posters who keep smoking whatever the media is.   This is the playoffs.   Let's support our group!   Not the Coilers, who have probably the worst stars i've ever watched, going back original expansion,  as far as crying to the refs and all that.   Gretzky was so much better at it than McDavid, and always respected his opponents.   And the game.   McDavid is the most unlikeable superstar in the history of the modern era (post expansion).    His antics I respect less then Marchand, which says a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Episode 19 Balloon GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

My good God! Look how that brutal cross check in the teeth (per Mark Spector) messed up McDavid's face!!! His lip gloss is smeared!

GNhYJnFacAAOI59?format=png&name=900x900

This douche bag.    Is nothing like our guys.   This is what dental work looks like for these guys.   Agree, from an earlier post, might have the most punchable face in the history of the game, he's nothing like these HHOFers below: 

IMG_4055.png

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4059.jpeg

IMG_4058.jpeg

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the Coil are desperate at their inability to beat us fair and square.  There isn't much internal cohesion on that team and the only thing that's holding them together is preferential treatment from the league.  If we keep doing what we've been doing, they'll crack.  It may have already happened.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Hymen needs to be suspended too. Canucks should call them out. League is guaranteed an Oiler win tomorrow basically 

Tom Cruise What GIF

Soucy to Juulsen isn’t that big of a difference. Juuls filled that spot well for a good chunk of the year.

This is not a big deal, in the slightest. It was totally worth putting McDavid in his place. 

• Vintage 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IBatch said:

The thing they haven't factored in, is their antics are under scrutiny.   And getting publicity.    Which is great for us over a seven game series.    Our guys will take it, and suspect have a an order not to complain either.    Which is smart.     The flip side of the coin is who our team is.   They won't take it lying down, and they will pay for their transgressions (EDM), our team is going to bring some pain.    

Exposing them as cheaters,  whiners,  and dirty.   They are a dirty team just like their city (try and not say that, have some family there not by choice i'm sure).    Like Zadarov said, they don't have a heck of a lot to celebrate there, other then their bank accounts and hockey. 

Funny because when I listen to the NHL network or watch sports TV there is no mention of how dirty the Oilers are. Nothing about spears to the groin, pretty much ignored Quinn getting highsticked, that McBaby started the scuffle with a slash is ignored. 
‘All I hear is how we are taking liberties with McJesus himself and how should the league handle us. 
‘This is Edmonton. They are terrible 5v5 and can only beat anybody in the playoffs with their PP.  So they lie cheat and steal and do everything they can to draw us into penalties. Kane knows his job, stir up shit. 
‘The refs give great deference to McBaby and they have built their team around it. They have a terrible D, Skinner would be on our ECHL club they can’t win in a series where the whistles are put away and they know it is the reaction that gets the penalty. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, -dlc- said:

So the head first into the boards hit on Petey? That could've been pretty dangerous.

I don't agree.

Things that are against the rules and could or do injure players all need to be addressed. This pick and choose system is not doing ANYTHING to deter dirty play or protect players. They're more than missed calls...they were blatant dirty plays.

Didn't mention that one, but that's a little more than the others, I agree. The others are just penalties rather than fines or suspensions (or nothing).

I'm definitely not for the pick and choose/game management system, but realize even with four officials things can get missed. There's too much here for it to be just missed calls though and it leaves both fans and players questioning what is and isn't a penalty.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Spare us this Stockholm syndrome bs.  Supplementary discipline exists (among other reasons) to make up for missed calls on dangerous plays, of which there were no fewer than 5 against us in game 2.  That the league has double standards in protecting players is the issue here. 

I disagree that there have been that many plays worthy of supplemental discipline. Hyman falls under that for me, Kane's slewfoot was at best borderline but probably just a penalty, and there's no way to McDavid's high stick had intent and was worth more than 4 minutes. Deb mentioned the boarding non-call, and I'd say that's definitely borderline, but just because something should have been a penalty but wasn't called doesn't mean it should become a fine or suspension.

38 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Tom Cruise What GIF

Soucy to Juulsen isn’t that big of a difference. Juuls filled that spot well for a good chunk of the year.

This is not a big deal, in the slightest. It was totally worth putting McDavid in his place. 

It also lets us shift Cole back to his natural side which hopefully will settle his game down a bit. Don’t think this is a massive set back, our D doesn’t get much worse and does get even tougher. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

I disagree that there have been that many plays worthy of supplemental discipline. Hyman falls under that for me, Kane's slewfoot was at best borderline but probably just a penalty, and there's no way to McDavid's high stick had intent and was worth more than 4 minutes. Deb mentioned the boarding non-call, and I'd say that's definitely borderline, but just because something should have been a penalty but wasn't called doesn't mean it should become a fine or suspension.

The league directs the refs to “manage” games to effect series results. Dallas is overcoming the cheating league and we will too. Our boys will beat the league and the Smelly Coilers. Cheating bastards. 

• Like 2