Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

15 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Funny because when I listen to the NHL network or watch sports TV there is no mention of how dirty the Oilers are. Nothing about spears to the groin, pretty much ignored Quinn getting highsticked, that McBaby started the scuffle with a slash is ignored. 
‘All I hear is how we are taking liberties with McJesus himself and how should the league handle us. 
‘This is Edmonton. They are terrible 5v5 and can only beat anybody in the playoffs with their PP.  So they lie cheat and steal and do everything they can to draw us into penalties. Kane knows his job, stir up shit. 
‘The refs give great deference to McBaby and they have built their team around it. They have a terrible D, Skinner would be on our ECHL club they can’t win in a series where the whistles are put away and they know it is the reaction that gets the penalty. 

Frankly, I am surprised. 

Much as I do not like the schills who blatt out hockey non-news nonsense 24/7, I did not think they would crumble and grovel and say what they are told to say.

For example, that woman on the panel is usually quite knowledgeable, makes good and interesting points with professional insight; now she is just parroting the line they have chosen to take on the extra-curriculars in this series. 

WTF?  Where is the integrity? 

She has actually changed her position from her first reporting on the McDavid incident and no longer mentions his slash at all. 

Apparently, only cream rises to the top; scum sinks to the bottom. 

Canucks are The Cream. 

I'll leave it to real hockey fans everywhere, not just Nux Fans, to name The Scum. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

My good God! Look how that brutal cross check in the teeth (per Mark Spector) messed up McDavid's face!!! His lip gloss is smeared!

GNhYJnFacAAOI59?format=png&name=900x900

I can't look!

What a waste.

All that talent and no balls.

Hockey's not for shit-assed pussies.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

This douche bag.    Is nothing like our guys.   This is what dental work looks like for these guys.   Agree, from an earlier post, might have the most punchable face in the history of the game, he's nothing like these HHOFers below: 

IMG_4058.jpeg

I had that Bobby Clark smile (but not the talent or tenacity of course). 

I kinda liked it; except for some things; like talking with your mouth full of soup.

Then the dentist said I had to put something in there or all the other teeth would misalign or something.

Still kinda miss it.  Got it for smilin' when I shoulda been punchin'.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

This douche bag.    Is nothing like our guys.   This is what dental work looks like for these guys.   Agree, from an earlier post, might have the most punchable face in the history of the game, he's nothing like these HHOFers below: 

IMG_4055.png

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4059.jpeg

IMG_4058.jpeg

But let's be fair now.....

It did mess up Connor's bangs. He had that perfect mod squad hair do going on. Mom blowdried it for 20 minutes to get it to lie perfect like that.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Funny because when I listen to the NHL network or watch sports TV there is no mention of how dirty the Oilers are. Nothing about spears to the groin, pretty much ignored Quinn getting highsticked, that McBaby started the scuffle with a slash is ignored. 
‘All I hear is how we are taking liberties with McJesus himself and how should the league handle us. 
‘This is Edmonton. They are terrible 5v5 and can only beat anybody in the playoffs with their PP.  So they lie cheat and steal and do everything they can to draw us into penalties. Kane knows his job, stir up shit. 
‘The refs give great deference to McBaby and they have built their team around it. They have a terrible D, Skinner would be on our ECHL club they can’t win in a series where the whistles are put away and they know it is the reaction that gets the penalty. 

The TV media is staying out of it, the written media isn't.   And it's not just Canuck media trying to point it out.  Might get buried under the noise, SN wrote an article after game 2 as well (not Pollacks attempt at saying we will never win because we have a "loser" institionalized, mentality that the "refs" are against us going back to 1982, and that Gallagher cemented that into our fibre during his tinfoil hat days) that we got a right to be upset with the missed calls under Sutherland.   Print media is gone, aside from THN (and their product took a nosedive after new ownership a couple years ago), but the digital media is available with a google click.    EDM isn't getting all the love.    I'm glad Tochett has our guys on a hush order,  or at least not complaining about the reffing (Myers did one time and we paid for it after in the regular season).   Let them be who they want or need to be.    In the end it's a 7 game series,  and EDM won their freebie, we made up for that.    The best team prevails.   And will accept it.   Either way.   What i don't like on this site currently, is the EDM apologists and alleys.   It's the playoffs now, and who the F cares if EDM has McJesus and his sidekick.   

We haven't had our A game all playoffs yet are still here.   With our 3rd string goalie.  And on Skinner,  Brock would have scored no mater who was in net for those ones, including Lindholm tip.  Skinner was their guy during their run up the standings.   

Im sure if  they lose, goaltending will be their excuse.   And hope, hockey karma also comes up, and it's McDavid or Draisatl gaffing that causes the GWG elimination time.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

But let's be fair now.....

It did mess up Connor's bangs. He had that perfect mod squad hair do going on. Mom blowdried it for 20 minutes to get it to lie perfect like that.

That's awesome.    Can't wait to see his hairdo messed up tonight!    He's due for a Zadorov or Miller hit that pops his lid. 

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

Zadorov slash was worse than McDavid's, but McDavid's started it all

If it were me, I'd go:

- Zadorov: $5k fine

- McDavid: $2.5k fine

- Soucy - 1 game suspension

But, of course, McDavid will be given preferential treatment and will walk away unscathed

'Unscathed'?  He's been annointed!

geesus-middle-finger.gif

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

I disagree that there have been that many plays worthy of supplemental discipline. Hyman falls under that for me, Kane's slewfoot was at best borderline but probably just a penalty, and there's no way to McDavid's high stick had intent and was worth more than 4 minutes. Deb mentioned the boarding non-call, and I'd say that's definitely borderline, but just because something should have been a penalty but wasn't called doesn't mean it should become a fine or suspension.

You can have whatever opinion you want.  What I reacted to in your previous post was "missed calls are missed calls".  The point is that not even the NHL sees it that way. 

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I know the conspiracy stuff here goes over the top.

Sutherland is a different story that don't want to go too deep into.  He is a bad ref with a clear bias.

I don't believe that the league is out to get us.  I do believe that the league wants its best player as far into the playoffs as possible.  

I do think the refs give too much deference to the best players.  I also think that this is Edmonton's game and they know it.

They can not win a series at 5v5 against any playoff team.  They have the most flawed roster to make the playoffs.  Their goaltender would be our 4-5th string, their D is hot garbage and their forward depth is awful.  

They need to draw penalties to stand a chance and their roster is built around that.  Cheapshots to draw a reaction are their MO.  Kane's shit eating grin when he got dumped into the bench was because he thought he had actually done his job and created a power play.

We knew beating the Oiler's meant beating the Oilers and the ref bias toward McDavid and Drai.  We are up to the task and are a much deeper team.  If we can get EP to wake up and Demko back this won't even be close despite playing 5v7 all the time.

Good post, you don't have to believe in conspiracy to see that Sutherland is a corrupt sack of crap. 

Outside of him, the reffing has been pretty fair. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

I would love to see Zadorov courier a $100,000 check over to Gary Bettman with a note saying "please let me know when this runs out" and then keep laying on the lumber and blowing up the Oilers with devastating hits! Tic Toc and the rest of the coaches would probably cover the bill - along with PA/JR/Aquaman. 

All kidding aside, unfortunate but we take this in stride. Soucy out a game or two and depth steps up - good with either Fried Green Tomatoes or Donkey slotting in.

I guess I am an idiot. (No need to confirm guys 'n' gals.)

All these years and I don't know if anyone other than the penalized player can pay the fine.

My deep research into Google for 5 seconds yielded the following:

(According to some unaccredited source.):

The actual answer is the NHL Foundation (when a coach or org is fined) and the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund when a player is fined. - Mar 11, 2024

But I think this is the answer to the question, 'where does the fine money go?'.

Help an old fool out.

Can we pay Big Z's fine for him?

Imagine how big, Big Z's go-fund would get to...

4b75fd8759f28eaf642c32dbc798c60e.gif

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Good post, you don't have to believe in conspiracy to see that Sutherland is a corrupt sack of crap. 

Agreed about the reffing being acceptable except for Sutherland.  But then the supplementary discipline comes down the way it did and the league itself becomes an actor in this series.  It's not a conspiracy theory any longer, it's a conspiracy fact!  Seriously, though, I don't know why the league won't treat us even-handedly but can only observe that historically, they haven't. 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

As a whole, they aren’t calling a lot. I watch the NY and Dal game last night and it’s pretty similar stuff. I see a lot of people mentioning the obvious calls missed against us but honestly, you could call holding against Garland almost every time he has the puck. That poor little guy has been brutally molested the entire series. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I know the conspiracy stuff here goes over the top.

Sutherland is a different story that don't want to go too deep into.  He is a bad ref with a clear bias.

I don't believe that the league is out to get us.  I do believe that the league wants its best player as far into the playoffs as possible.  

I do think the refs give too much deference to the best players.  I also think that this is Edmonton's game and they know it.

They can not win a series at 5v5 against any playoff team.  They have the most flawed roster to make the playoffs.  Their goaltender would be our 4-5th string, their D is hot garbage and their forward depth is awful.  

They need to draw penalties to stand a chance and their roster is built around that.  Cheapshots to draw a reaction are their MO.  Kane's shit eating grin when he got dumped into the bench was because he thought he had actually done his job and created a power play.

We knew beating the Oiler's meant beating the Oilers and the ref bias toward McDavid and Drai.  We are up to the task and are a much deeper team.  If we can get EP to wake up and Demko back this won't even be close despite playing 5v7 all the time.

Actually think they've done a good job in fixing their "flaws" over the last couple years.   Ekholm is legit.   Hyman was a great signing, he was very good in TO as well.   Kane a risk but he's been good for them.   They aren't like the WCE era team as in one line.   And their one line is dominant.   RNH, Hyman, Kane, Draisatl and McDavid is a very good top six.    Their bottom six meh it's average or meh.    As for goaltending, it's an issue, don't think it's as bad as all that, Sarros is a good goalie and we did more or less the same things to him.   Low shots high quality.   

Last game we had 6 high danger shots to their 8.  That was their "best" to date.  Our D is better that's for sure.   Nurse, Ekholm, Bouchard ... Ceci?    Agree with that.

Zadorov's goal was really bad, Draisatl also got one like that on us although not a rush goal.    Talbot, one of their old goalies, did just fine in LA this year.    I'd say their goaltending is mediocre.   Not ideal when it comes to playoffs. 

As for the NHL wanting their wonder kids to keep going, absolutely.   My brother started the series saying that there would be one win, that EDM would be gifted to keep the series going.   We both weren't scared of EDM, and feel we can beat them because we are better built.    Think that the brass was thinking EDM, and that's why we have Lindholm.   Zadorov maybe too (Soucy going down and Brisbois out played into this as well, as did we were still one D short to start the season).  

Overall we beat these chumps in the regular season.   And the longer it goes, the better for us worse for them.   

We could lose EP for the duration and it would hurt, but nothing like if they lost one of McDavid, Draisatl or Hyman.    Probably Kane or RNH as well. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Bob Long said:

The forwards just have to help more, no way around it.

Yes; something I feel is lost in all this is how Miller is leading by example.

He is playing The 2 Divas hard and keeping out of the box.

His foot soldiers are following in his skate-tracks; we're going to beat these dipshits fair and square.

Our D on the other hand, are Laying Down The Law.

McSlash should try to remember what acting like a complete dickhead gets you from our D; and Big M is still standing there waiting...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The TV media is staying out of it, the written media isn't.   And it's not just Canuck media trying to point it out.  Might get buried under the noise, SN wrote an article after game 2 as well (not Pollacks attempt at saying we will never win because we have a "loser" institionalized, mentality that the "refs" are against us going back to 1982, and that Gallagher cemented that into our fibre during his tinfoil hat days) that we got a right to be upset with the missed calls under Sutherland.   Print media is gone, aside from THN (and their product took a nosedive after new ownership a couple years ago), but the digital media is available with a google click.    EDM isn't getting all the love.    I'm glad Tochett has our guys on a hush order,  or at least not complaining about the reffing (Myers did one time and we paid for it after in the regular season).   Let them be who they want or need to be.    In the end it's a 7 game series,  and EDM won their freebie, we made up for that.    The best team prevails.   And will accept it.   Either way.   What i don't like on this site currently, is the EDM apologists and alleys.   It's the playoffs now, and who the F cares if EDM has McJesus and his sidekick.   

We haven't had our A game all playoffs yet are still here.   With our 3rd string goalie.  And on Skinner,  Brock would have scored no mater who was in net for those ones, including Lindholm tip.  Skinner was their guy during their run up the standings.   

Im sure if  they lose, goaltending will be their excuse.   And hope, hockey karma also comes up, and it's McDavid or Draisatl gaffing that causes the GWG elimination time.   

Thanks amigo... 

This is so spot on... Could give a rats ass, who plays for the other team...

We are here on merit, and if they are the second coming, why haven't they won a cup yet... Screw them. Is he a good player yes, can he be tamed maybe, but we we have lots of good players as well, and if we control their PP, its in the bag... A bunch of pussies, when met with real force...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

As a whole, they aren’t calling a lot. I watch the NY and Dal game last night and it’s pretty similar stuff. I see a lot of people mentioning the obvious calls missed against us but honestly, you could call holding against Garland almost every time he has the puck. That poor little guy has been brutally molested the entire series. 

Last game was in our favour, homer glasses off and they called more then i'd of liked to see.   Nurse's penalty was weak.   Miller cross checking a guy 3 times in a row once while in play, two times after until he was prone on the ice and taking a whack, wasn't called.    It's emotional, so see things that are sometimes there and other times that you don't want to admit.    It's the best hockey of the season, personally think unless it's a major, or a scoring chance, don't want to see a call for the rest of it. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Last game was in our favour, homer glasses off and they called more then i'd of liked to see.   Nurse's penalty was weak.   Miller cross checking a guy 3 times in a row once while in play, two times after until he was prone on the ice and taking a whack, wasn't called.    It's emotional, so see things that are sometimes there and other times that you don't want to admit.    It's the best hockey of the season, personally think unless it's a major, or a scoring chance, don't want to see a call for the rest of it. 

Hell ya man. I thought last game, made up for the game before. If you look at the totality of the series it’s been called pretty fair. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Cole's cross checking penalty later in the game balanced out the Nurse penalty.

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

roasting the posters who keep smoking whatever the media is.

Watch what you type, Hosers.  You have been warned.

And yes, there is a permaban for Not Being a Blind Homer.

You're either on the bus, or you're not.

quote-now-you-re-either-on-the-bus-or-yo

the-further-school-bus-that-was-purchase

33 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

As long as it's equal, I don't really care how a ref chooses to manage games. 

If we get suthercrap back in tonight tho I expect us to be handed 7 or 8 penalties.

56 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

I guess I am an idiot. (No need to confirm guys 'n' gals.)

All these years and I don't know if anyone other than the penalized player can pay the fine.

My deep research into Google for 5 seconds yielded the following:

(According to some unaccredited source.):

The actual answer is the NHL Foundation (when a coach or org is fined) and the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund when a player is fined. - Mar 11, 2024

But I think this is the answer to the question, 'where does the fine money go?'.

Help an old fool out.

Can we pay Big Z's fine for him?

Imagine how big, Big Z's go-fund would get to...

4b75fd8759f28eaf642c32dbc798c60e.gif

"Here's your $5k, and here's an extra $25k to do it 5 more times."

Not saying that there hasn't been some questionable stuff on both sides (it's the playoffs, after all). But why is only one team's players getting suspended and fined? 

The only bullshit explanation we get is, "we missed it". Do they think we're that stupid? Or are they (DOPS, league, refs, etc) admitting that they're just effing incompetent? 

11 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Not saying that there hasn't been some questionable stuff on both sides (it's the playoffs, after all). But why is only one team's players getting suspended and fined? 

The only bullshit explanation we get is, "we missed it". Do they think we're that stupid? Or are they (DOPS, league, refs, etc) admitting that they're just effing incompetent? 

They need to put the camera back on the ref's helmet.  If the camera picks it up and the ref claimed not to see it, that ref needs to be fired on the spot.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They need to put the camera back on the ref's helmet.  If the camera picks it up and the ref claimed not to see it, that ref needs to be fired on the spot.

Yeah, but that would mean having accountability. And we all know that the refs don't have nor want any of that.