[REPORT] Val Nichushkin to enter NHLPA Player Assistance Program

• GrammaInTheTub changed the title to [REPORT] Val Nichushkin to enter NHLPA Player Assistance Program
Posted (edited)

Unfortunate that someone with so much talent is struggling with sobriety. There is clearly a history of bad behavior with this guy, and it is evident that he needs to clean up his life

Edited by hockeyville88
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Wow so unfortunate.

I wonder what it was? An NHL player on drugs? I hear it's common.

It's quite common.  Here is Evgeny Kuznetsov sitting in front of two lines of cocaine, and somebody else is sleeping in the bed too.  He denies snorting those lines and says he left the room after he saw them.  Yeah right, and pigs can fly...

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's quite common.  Here is Evgeny Kuznetsov sitting in front of two lines of cocaine, and somebody else is sleeping in the bed too.  He denies snorting those lines and says he left the room after he saw them.  Yeah right, and pigs can fly...

Oh yea I legit have "stories". No need to float them especially since no one will believe them anyway.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe him. I had NHL money I would be snorting far bigger lines than that! 

As for Nik. I hope he gets the help he needs. Tough time for this to hit him. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Oh yea I legit have "stories". No need to float them especially since no one will believe them anyway.

I have a few myself. Also had a buddy whose buddy supplied the PGA...  I knew about Johnson years before that hit the news. 

Addiction is so sad. I've seen so much of it in my lifetime and know what an uphill battle it is to cut free of that life.

EA Programs are great but the problem is that you can't force someone to change...it has to be their desire to quit. Otherwise it's likely just a revolving door until that person hits their bottom and decides they want a different life. It has to come from within. External pressure and motivation (like a career) just isn't always enough on its own.

I hope he beats whatever demons he's battling.

• Vintage 1

Feel for him obviously but that is crazy to think he's been doing drugs over the last few days/weeks and still has 9 goals in 8 games in the playoffs. He's been an absolute monster for Colorado, they're already down 3-1 in the series, surely that's it for them.

Hopefully this time sorts everything out and he comes back for the next season/playoffs.