[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Really hoping Petey can produce offensively tonight. This would be a great night for him to get us on the score board. Oilers are going to come out hard tonight. I actually expect Picard to play decently. He's fresh so we can't underestimate him or our opponents. Tonight will be a war against a desperate team.

I dunno, I think we've all been holding out hope for Petey for a few months now... I don't think it's gonna happen. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

"Questionable decisions" "They have to protect their investment".

Their investment/asset better protect his ass...we're coming for him/them.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Frank Seravalli saying EDM probably win all three games if they get just mediocre goaltending.  If VAN wins whats his excuse this time?

Sometimes I think people who dont watch this team regularly understand that while Canucks hockey might not be pretty at times, it’s effective (EDM had ONE high danger chance in the third last game despite significantly outshooting the Canucks)

Personally I'm loving it. It just means no one's doing their due diligence and they have no idea what they're up against.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Frank Seravalli saying EDM probably win all three games if they get just mediocre goaltending.  If VAN wins whats his excuse this time?

Sometimes I think people who dont watch this team regularly understand that while Canucks hockey might not be pretty at times, it’s effective (EDM had ONE high danger chance in the third last game despite significantly outshooting the Canucks)

All these media guys just keep moving the goalposts after every game. 

Example:

Oilers in 5, no Oilers in 6.

It's edmontons series to lose

Reffing has been bad

Canucks are getting lucky bounces

Edmonton goaltending is the problem.

Lol they simply can't accept that maybe vancouver is just a better team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

already announced.... Francis Charron & Frederick L'Ecuyer ....according to Jeff Paterson tweet. 

4 minutes ago, EB43 said:

Who are the refs tonight? Anyone know?

Posted above 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Canucks win is luck. Oils win is skill.  That's basically what most media outside of Vancouver is explaining every Canucks win of the series.

Whenever Frank Seravalli talks about a Canucks win, he tries to slip in a line at the end to 'give Canucks credit'. He might well not say it because it's not even genuine. I think he's one of those who's so sure of his opinions and can't accept when his predictions are wrong. I remember he was so adamant that Hronek's next contract will start with a 8.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Whatever it takes to win, do it.

Getting sick and tired of the TSN panel drooling over the Oilers, as if them on the Leafs wasn't enough.

Go Canucks GO!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Wing said:

Canucks win is luck. Oils win is skill.  That's basically what most media outside of Vancouver is explaining every Canucks win of the series.

Whenever Frank Seravalli talks about a Canucks win, he tries to slip in a line at the end to 'give Canucks credit'. He might well not say it because it's not even genuine. I think he's one of those who's so sure of his opinions and can't accept when his predictions are wrong. I remember he was so adamant that Hronek's next contract will start with a 8.

didn't they use that line after we beat them 8-1  at the beginning of the year?

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Peter Pickard picked a peck of pickled pucks out of the net. 

A peck of pickled pucks Peter Pickard picked.

If Pickard picked a peck of pickled pucks

How many pickled pucks did Pickard pick out of the net?

great now i have to think about this brainteaser for the next few hours

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We have to play our best game of the season in this game. If Edmonton tie the series I think it'll ignite them and give them a good chance to win it in 6 or 7. We win and they'll be frustrated and finished. Time to really get under their skin. We play a very good road game and have to do the same tonight without Soucy. Endurance is key in this series - can Silovs keep playing well and endure all these shots, and can their stars endure 25 minutes of hard hockey a night?

If we can play similarly to last game we should have a good chance to win. Play their stars tight and confidently, don't back down, don't keep icing pucks and don't play stupid and take dump penalties.

I think Skinner will have a better game too so it won't be easy, we would expect another 3-5 goals per team but I think this one might be a lot tighter. 

3-1 Canucks.

I agree,,,but sitting on the bench tonight is really the only way he can't be scored against....

• Cheers 1