[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

45 minutes ago, BPA said:

Need to lock up Boeser.  Boeser and Miller are the teams best duo.  Just need to find EP a line mate to combo with.

"Our best players, are not even in their prime's yet, and that's scary "  

JT Miller, what a beaut! 

• Vintage 3
  • MillerTime 1

49 minutes ago, BPA said:

Need to lock up Boeser.  Boeser and Miller are the teams best duo.  Just need to find EP a line mate to combo with.

I wanted Brock gone not to long ago but forward lines are always about pairings. Joshua and Gar, JT and Brock, EP and ? Brock needs to stay. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

"Our best players, are not even in their prime's yet, and that's scary "  

JT Miller, what a beaut! 

That's the amazing thing.  Then we also have Lekkerimaki, Willander, Raty, and DPetey bringing in the next wave.  

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Sounds like they're gonna split up McDavid and Draisatl again tonight.  Will be interesting.  Sure glad we have solid defensively capable forwards among all 4 of our lines.

Probably to reduce their minutes. 

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This ex-pat turns 50 tomorrow.

All want is a Canucks win tonight and I will accept my evolution into old-fart-ness. 

as another child of the 70s, I recognize your old fart-ness and agree with it.

Happy Birthday, you're one of the good ones.

• Huggy Bear 2

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Nux just have to keep taking the body and finish the checks.  They will wear them out in a series.  Nux have size advantage..

Edmonton has been playing McDavid and Draisaitl so much their checking lines have had no ice time, and no time to be physical.

Whereas the Canucks have been rolling their lines like the regular season and the 2nd/3rd/4th lines have been getting their time and their hits.

Playing imbalanced line times and depending on a few guys is not the way to get the maximum out of your team.

Knobhead has made his decision to go extreme with ice time for his two top guys, but I think it is back-firing on him.

12 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Think coach RT will tell the guys to just settle down but get big hits right away and do not react to the Coilers,make them take penalties and get frustrated.

I can see the Coilers looking for some blood, They're gonna go after Quinn because he's 'small' but watch him dipsy-doodle and draw some penalties!

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

What they were doing can't be sustainable.

Nope.   Hope we get out to a qu in lead, pad it, and then out of desperation he re-unites them but get diddly squat other then take some massive hits while gassing out.   Their series ends tonight if we can take one out completely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Hoping for a big win tonight. Taking my son on a surprise 12 hour road trip tomorrow for his 17th birthday. He has no idea I got us tix for game 5. I’m gonna need some opinions on when I should tell him? Before or after tonight’s game? Or do I wait till the morning and tell him no need to go to school today or the next few days too and tell him to pack for a 4 day trip. 

On the road……

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

Wouldn't surprize me to see this game called with silly weak penalties to get Oilers some advantage, as only their pp generates chance to win

Sickening that it has been their so-called stars that should have been suspended (after this ruling) and yet not one has to harm their chances of advancing

League doing their best to manage some advantage ,

Let's see how this game is called

Regardless of the outcome of this round, Canucks has won already by showing the whole world the true nature of Coilers and the way NHL push Coilers to advance.

GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1