[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

Just now, -dlc- said:

I don't like that we seem to be getting away from the physical play. Need to hit 97 and 29 at every opportunity. Make them cry.

Although in checking the stats, we are outhitting them. Just doesn't feel like it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, YourTimeisNow said:

OMG, that power play was so painful to watch. The entries, Jesus. 

And my god, Pettersson is so flaccid. Just such an embarrassment for a star player.

Bullsh*t.

He didn't turn over the puck... other players made bad passes... Pettersson was on the money every pass he made on the PP.

He carried the puck into the zone... passed it off... and the Canuck who took the pass turned it over.

He had zero opportunities to shoot.

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I don't like that we seem to be getting away from the physical play. Need to hit 97 and 29 at every opportunity. Make them cry.

At this point getting some shots on net would be a good idea too.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

That's one thing Petey has yet told learn and maybe he can see how Drais scores, it's not about whether it's a good shot or a bad shot. It just needs to be a hard shot and usually that's all you need.  Petey has a rocket, if he just shot the puck had didn't worry about placement so much he'd score way more goals. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Exactly.  It's not a secret that both of those two can't handle the rough stuff and get intimidated.  If those gutless floppers are allowed to play men's sports, make them pay.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Apricot said:

How do they have 4 shots on net with 3 power plays against a dinosaur aged AHL goalie who is playing his first playoff game....

Like what the hell Canucks, get it together

They will, yes, lets make it happen

celebrate wedding dance GIF by FIddler on the Roof

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I hope Tocchet's giving them an earful. Wake the hell up!

You can bet the tiles are peeling up of the floor from the pep talk Tocchet is giving right now ... and then

source.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s not just his linemates. He’s mental checked out.

adventure time hands GIF

People here need to start asking themselves before each game- are you actually confident that Pettersson will show up? If the answer is no (how can it be at the point), how do you feel about making a playoff run with Pettersson making a top 5 salary instead of what he's making now?

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Yea but he can't remember them. Maybe he's a goldfish.

Nothing memorable. Edmonton had a bunch that flattened us. Overall the biggest issue was the pp and I am not sure how many more powerplays you’re going to get. Maybe it’s a good thing. We play better 5 on 5. Which is so odd. Why can’t we have the same urgency on the pp? It’s not a 2 min break boys.

2 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

I never seen Oilers try this hard they are going full power here 

They’re going to run out of gas. Hard to imagine Draisaitl and McDavid playing 30 minutes of offensive hockey

Nucks are stealing pucks pretty good

• Like 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Although in checking the stats, we are outhitting them. Just doesn't feel like it.

We don’t have the puck, so we’re chasing them. 

I like hits, but the effort also needs to be there for goals, and aside from Garland I haven’t seen any so far.

6 minutes ago, Dude said:

I swear if that useless fuck Petterson gets more than 8 goddamn minutes the rest of this game then tocchet needs a talking to. he is a complete bloody disaster this whole playoffs.

If he's not hurt, time for some tough love with him. Put him on PP 2 at the very least. Maybe double shift JT and Lind some five on five. Enough of the dead puppy crap.

How the hell does he know it's not an intent to injure?? It's Kane, of course it is.

And, if he wasn't then flip it and....Soucy for sure wasn't.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gwarrior said:

Wow, can they pump the Oilers tires a little more?!!! I think my ears are bleeding!!!

Why wouldn't they?  They absolutely dominated.