[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

Almost this entire game has looked like an Oilers power play with a few brief exceptions here and there. The Oilers are a lot more committed to defence this game so hopefully that means the Canucks can hem them in their own zone a lot next period. 

After the effort on the double minor PP, I knew we weren’t winning this game.  
I really hope they can turn it around, but the whole team has had a surprisingly poor effort tonight.  
I just don’t see them coming back, but my favourite food is crow

2 minutes ago, YourTimeisNow said:

Does Juulsen have brain damage or something. Didn’t he do this exact same play with the same result not too long ago?

What juulsen did there looked like my go to move on nhl video games.  No wonder i give up so many odd man rushes.

• Haha 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

It's been a pathetic showing. Have a chance to go up 3-1 and lay an egg. We dont have that killer instinct, shame

Quit whining... the game is not over.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Juulsen had support from Mikheyev. Mikheyev stopped at the line. 

i rewatched the goal and IM gets bumped so its a little better than just watching the puck.  Just a bad sequence overall much like this game so far….

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, brownky said:

Mik also stood there and watched oilers skate in when he made that hit. 

No offense, no hitting, no defence. 

What the hell happened to him…

Maybe he has a holiday booked, and don't fancy changing the tickets... He has been a major let down... He doesn't even utilize his speed... They'll struggle to off load him in the off season.

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

Almost this entire game has looked like an Oilers power play with a few brief exceptions here and there. The Oilers are a lot more committed to defence this game so hopefully that means the Canucks can hem them in their own zone a lot next period. 

This entire game?  This entire series

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Everyone saying Juulsen sux lol Rather have Sauce back in...

But they don't realize that Sauce did that exact same thing and we got scored on..

Brian Kinney Eye Roll GIF

Soucy did it once in 10 games, juulsen did it once in 10 minutes of ice time

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm a pretty staunch supporter of Petey and am 100% in favour of keeping him (he'll turn it around), but tonight his effort is absolutely abysmal. One of the rare games where he isn't even trying.

He is living up to the draft criticism of him. He's to small or light to play in the playoffs. At least that's the way he's looking. He needs to stop trying to be so physical and make plays. He has skill.. use your cerebral player be cerebral! 

He looks like Bambi out there with no balance or strength in his legs.

Edited by Rush

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm a pretty staunch supporter of Petey and am 100% in favour of keeping him (he'll turn it around), but tonight his effort is absolutely abysmal. One of the rare games where he isn't even trying.

He trying, but its kind of hard when you can be easily pushed off the puck due to being a light weight 

Edited by TetrisBloctT
  • Like 1

Finally come back from a long trip and they are trailing. 

Regroup.  Win da turd.  You never know.  We've seen bigger comebacks. 

Posted (edited)

This is the type of game that could cost us the series. A terrible offensive showing. I hate the idea that it’s ok because we are up 2-1. You need to have a killer instinct. When they went 0/3 and 1 shot on the pp, I knew they didn’t have it tonight. Could they come back? For sure but we still don’t even have a second line. Petey is MIA. He just doesn’t look as invested as everyone else. Maybe his teammates need to call him out. Likely our second line needs to be revamped in the off-season.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82