[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry, the money he's making next year gives him ZERO excuse for being non existent in this years play offs.

His linemates have 4 goals in the last 4 games I don't think prime Gretzky is producing with that

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Bro you're the worst poster on these forums. Does it shock you that every time you come here you get shit on? No one likes you. 

Here are your people.  https://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=3

Considering the people I get flak from, I consider it a compliment.  I haven't seen any of those people actually have a realistic, objective discussion about hockey.  Not once.  You're all here just to pat each other on the back about what amazing fans you are and how anyone who isn't you, isn't.

That's, literally, all that crew talks about.

Just now, brownky said:

Well, they certainly need to right now.

Can’t win with zero goals.

yeah, so why choose to sulk and get down on the team when they literally overcame a 2 goal deficit in the third to win in regulation 6 days ago?

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree shots don't tell the story, but it tells a story, especially when you combine it with possession time.  It's not a good story

So how about wins then? What do they tell you?

You've been pushing the "Oilers are the bestest" from the start. I feel that this is more about you being right than you being objective. 

We're here for this team, the one that's still ahead in the series. Without all the extra help from the Mama league.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NZCanuck said:

Frustrating that the second goal doesn't happen if the league isn't on McDavid's c*ck. Soucy doesn't step up for that hit and odd man rush doesn't happen.

Down 2 but we haven't looked out. Oilers are playing much tighter defence in front of Picard though.

I agree, it's really annoying that Soucy is suspended but Hyman, Kane, Bennet, etc all play free

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Rush said:

McDavid isn't throwing hits. Petey take McDavids lead. Be cerebral.. use your skating and hockey iq to take pucks and make plays. Don't crash into the boards next to your opponent to make it seem like ur hitting. Steal the puck and do dekey Pete things!

Thing is we haven't seen dekey petey plays in awhile. He's easy to check off the puck or easy to knock down. 

Just now, Googlie said:

Not sure what Zadz was saying to Juuls at the bench, but was encouraging him (or mayhave been consoling him).  Juulsen must have been more than a little distraught.   2 playoff games, 2 ill-timed hits leading to goals

You don't wan't him to stop stepping up into those hits just pick your spots better he's gotta be down on himself you wan't him to stay agressive. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Disagree......for once I agree with Hrudey.  EP has been terrible in the playoffs.  For those who say he's played well defensively, who hasn't?  For those who say he plays with plugs....sure, but he's the star making star money who should be elevating his line.  He didn't play this poorly in the regular season with the same plugs. He should at least be taking good shots on the PP.....or helping with possession on the PP.

No way anyone can truly say he's played well or fine.  He's been brutal for his pay level and skill level.  He's either injured or not putting in enough effort.

He’s not even setting up his linemates for good chances. He’s doing nothing. He’s making no one better. Tired of all the excuses people make for him. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

So he's saying, Pettersson is no Sedin - I mean they made Carter look so good that he demanded a salary increase and the Canucks traded him and he faded away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He needs to learn how to do that. He doesn’t look hungry and he looks scared. Pathetic. If the Canucks don’t win the series a lot of it will fall on his shoulders, as it should.

Silly, all this tells me if the goal isn’t on the rush it wouldn’t happen because you can’t surround your star with people who battle for pucks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Hope to see Lindholm Center a line with Petey on his wing and Bluger back between Garland and Joshua....

And then Karlson or Hogs on the other wing....

I think RT has to load up that way for the third and roll three lines.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Honestly I’ve had enough.

Watch him score now lol.

I've said that so many times over the last half of the season.

He's not gonna score again this season. Don't get your hopes up.

Posted (edited)

Will the Canucks finally get the message that they could actually lose this series by allowing the Oilers to tie the series 2-2?

Let's see if they can play with desperation for 20 minutes - going up 3-1 or tied 2-2 makes for a completely different home game 5.

They need to play like it's their last game - because even if they lose game 5, they would still be up 3-2. 

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

3 minutes ago, QuinnNorris said:

I’m surprised no Hoglander.  We could use the 25 goal even strength player in the the 3rd.  Tocchett over thinking the defensive game plan.

We could use a 100 point center too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1