[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

1 minute ago, Goal_thecup said:

I thought they would do this; coach's slagging of Skin-Nerr post-game pretty well sold it for me.

Wait until they have to pull this poor sacrificial lamb; then what? 

3rd string goalie vs 3rd string goalie who is a world-famous Arty-Party?

Yes, please.  Or put Skinned-Alive back in for another scorching?

It was either him or the zamboni driver.

• ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We have to play our best game of the season in this game. If Edmonton tie the series I think it'll ignite them and give them a good chance to win it in 6 or 7. We win and they'll be frustrated and finished. Time to really get under their skin. We play a very good road game and have to do the same tonight without Soucy. Endurance is key in this series - can Silovs keep playing well and endure all these shots, and can their stars endure 25 minutes of hard hockey a night?

If we can play similarly to last game we should have a good chance to win. Play their stars tight and confidently, don't back down, don't keep icing pucks and don't play stupid and take dump penalties.

I think Skinner will have a better game too so it won't be easy, we would expect another 3-5 goals per team but I think this one might be a lot tighter. 

3-1 Canucks.

Yeah, you're right; but, in a way, I wouldn't mind a Torts repeat:

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Apparently No Draisaitl, Henrique, Kane or Ekholm at Oilers practice today. 

Crysaitl and Ekholm make sense. Knob has to play them 30 minutes in game otherwise that AHL team gets smoked.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Yeah, you're right; but, in a way, I wouldn't mind a Torts repeat:

When has something like this ever gone the Canucks way?

You know damn well. The NHL would probably declare Edmonton the winner. And there would be lengthy suspensions to Canucks players to start next season.

Beat them on the ice.

This is just Torts being unhinged.

I don't want any Raffi Torres, or Stanley Cup Final type suspensions for the Canucks.

Clobber them on the ice. That will be even more of a dagger to Edmonton.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Interesting how the Oil appear to be splitting up the big guns.. can’t decide if I like that from a Canucks POV or dislike it. 

Draisaitl is leaving himself open to taking more punishment. I expect every time he's lightly cross-checked in the back, he'll fall over very dramatically to try and draw a call. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

starting pickard is fraught with peril. if they win, do they then run with him as their playoff starter, or go back to skinner?

they've boxed themselves into an awkward spot. 

Rubs his hands. "Good...gooooooood....."

• Like 4