[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

Expecting 30+ minutes for McDavid and Draisaitl in this game. They're going to throw everything they have at the Canucks, because going down 3-1 and heading back to Vancouver is almost a certain death for them. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Nucker67 said:

Expecting 30+ minutes for McDavid and Draisaitl in this game. They're going to throw everything they have at the Canucks, because going down 3-1 and heading back to Vancouver is almost a certain death for them. 

I don’t care who you are, playing 30 mins a night every second night is completely unsustainable, by game 6 those 2 are going to be cooked. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

They took the tweet down it seems but it would appear Thatcher Demko is with the team taking some shots, working with Clark. Getting closer...

They did predict Game 6 would be the earliest.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Draisaitl is leaving himself open to taking more punishment. I expect every time he's lightly cross-checked in the back, he'll fall over very dramatically to try and draw a call. 

True, even if the Canucks try to do to him what the Predators did to Hughes I suspect that is going to come with a lot of risk from the reffs. 

22 minutes ago, DannyG27 said:

This is reminding me of Canucks 2011 playoff run. Talented team, but lacked a little toughness and got beat up along the way as a result. 

Nice to see how we're on the other end this time.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Interesting how the Oil appear to be splitting up the big guns.. can’t decide if I like that from a Canucks POV or dislike it. 

I think it's a good thing, I think Crysaitl is hurt and can't really drive his own line as effectively as he normally would

Just now, KoreanHockeyFan said:

This is reminding me of Canucks 2011 playoff run. Talented team, but lacked a little toughness and got beat up along the way as a result. 

Nice to see how we're on the other end this time.

Not quite.  The 2011 team is better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Maybe Oiler John should head bag out and continue shovelling pig shit instead... loser.....

head bag ..  I think I remember her ... but I was pretty drunk

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not quite.  The 2011 team is better. 

Yes, agree.

I'm talking more about how both teams lacked a little toughness to counteract the physical play that comes with the playoffs. I love how we're beating the Oilers into a pulp and the Oilers' injuries are a clear indicator of that. 

I remember how incredibly frustrated I, and a lot of fans were during 2011 when Tim Thomas punched Daniel Sedin like his face was a speedbag, or when Marchand would get away with his antics. 

Now we're the ones putting on the pain and Oilers fans are the ones complaining about shitty reffing. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

The kahunas on Zadorov, they really need to try and re-sign him, Joshua and Lindholm in the off season. Playoff performers.

Trade the non-playoff guys

I was saying this to my buddy yesterday, if you could sign both Zadorov and Hronek for 5mil/year each would you do it? I think I would