[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm just glad we have Juulsen in the chamber. He has to play within himself. Don't try to do too much, take the hits that are there. And track Dry and McBaby and keep between them and the net.

If Myers can turn into a steady D-man there's tons of hope for Juulsen.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Oilers and Leafs are both blind to what they need.

Oilers with RNH - he should have been moved out for defence or goaltending. 

Leafs with Tavares and Marner - see above.

Extra -- Oilers with Darnell Nurse is probably the worst contract in the entire league.  Failed miserably gambling on that guy.

Chicago and Seth Jones says "Hold my beer!"

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Picard had a decent season (stats wise)

Just because he's their backup or 3rd string goalie with no playoff experience doesn't mean we're going to light him up.

Nashville and Edmonton thought the same thing about our goalie situation (Silvos)...they gave us no chance against their proven veteran goalies.

Same thing happened against Las Vegas when Buble Demko arrived, so I'm going to temper my expectations.

I'm going to reserve judgement and just say that if we play hard, finish our checks & stay outta the box, I like our chances.  

I think the difference for the Oils, was the lack of information on Silovs.   Who would have thought

that both Demko and DeSmith would get injured.  I would think the Oils were delighted with the idea

of lighting up this rookie goaltender, who had only 9 NHL games under his belt and not a single NHL

playoff game.

Pickard has been in and out of the AHL and NHL for many years and the book is out on him.  He has

had a career season this year, so the Canucks are familiar with his game.  He hasn't yet played in

the playoffs, which means he hasn't faced an NHL team for about a month.

I'll bet that Ian Clark knows the best approach in dealing with this situation.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty close... I give the edge to Nurse as worst contract.  At least Jones is a RHD, and while he plays for an absolutely terrible Hawks team, his production is about the same as Nurse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I think the difference for the Oils, was the lack of information on Skinner.   Who would have thought

that both Demko and DeSmith would get injured.  I would think the Oils were delighted eith the idea

of lighting up this rookie goaltender, who had only 9 NHL games under his belt and not a single NHL

playoff game.

Pickard has been in and out of the AHL and NHL for many years and the book is out on him.  He has

had a career season this year, so the Canucks are familiar with his game.  He hasn't yet played in

the playoffs, which means he hasn't faced an NHL team for about a month.

I'll bet that Ian Clark knows the best approach in dealing with this situation.

oodles of shots and big bodies in front of the net

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To be fair Jones for a few years was a legit top 2-4 guy, Nurse at no point proved he was anything close to that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Darius said:

agree with you.  If they put him in tonight it would be a big signal that they have lost confidence in Skinner.  If they lose tonight with Pickard (assuming hes in) how do they go into a game 5 situation with either goalie?

Need a meme of Jack Campbell hitchhiking to Vancouver 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Hahahahahah you are so right.  Just on and on about what needs to be changed and how difficult that is going to be to do with the players they have.

Ha ha Oily Old Farts Club.  Messier wants balls on their shirts so they're closer to his gaping yap.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Now Oilers 3rd stringer in (But Skinner was not even a 3rd on our team) 

Also Oil realizing McD and Dri on same line have no centre on other 3 lines and wearing those 2 out with no rest  for 30 min (Back to PP only and desperation times only together) - no way that 30 min. sustainable IF they were to go to finals   😂 

League trying desperately to manage series with bizarre suspensions and non suspensions

Hopefully the Canucks come out pressing and play a great game and put the Oil on brink of elimination 😀

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Hahahahahah you are so right.  Just on and on about what needs to be changed and how difficult that is going to be to do with the players they have.

Ha ha Oily Old Farts Club.  Messier wants balls on their shirts so they're closer to his gaping yap.

Hahah. The Oilers don’t have the roster that can take it to Vancouver. They’re a bunch of tunas. 

and Vancouver….

killer whale orca GIF

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

The Oilers are a bunch of cowards, so the Canucks have to keep a watch out for Nurse, Kane, Hyman, Ekholm etc targeting our more skilled guys (Hughes and Pettersson). A 3rd man in for VAN after a dirty hit hands them a penalty. Play with a swivel on your heads boys, those dirty, oily SOBs are gonna be headhunting.

Edited by Nucker67
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

The kahunas on Zadorov, they really need to try and re-sign him, Joshua and Lindholm in the off season. Playoff performers.

Trade the non-playoff guys

He’s become my favourite player. We wouldn’t have made it out the first round without him. He’s clearly maturing and coming into his own, we got him at the perfect time. Hell I’d even trade Pettersson to keep him. Look how well we’re doing in the playoffs without him. lol.

• Like 2

You know, I kind of wanted them to consider Defense, Elias Pettersson. Wearing #48 or something, so it looks close to Forward Elias Pettersson's #40.

Add some confusion. But I guess he's just not ready yet.

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

that 4th line looks like a goon squad

Past the top line, they all look more like a Rusky meat wave getting prepped to be carved up by a Canuck Cluster Cloud.

I have been concerned that with our attention focused on the 2 divas, RNH might have some success against us.

But he does not like the rough-going and we are not going to change course and play shinny with them.

Hoping he is going to be the physical presence the Coil need to overcome the Vaunted Vancouver Canucks is soooooo delusional.

Look for our bottom lines to eat that shit up.