[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

According to Edmonton sport radio the lines are: Hyman and Nuge with McDick; and Holloway and Kane centered by Drai.

The Oil may go with seven defensemen (Broberg) and 11 forwards. Pickard will be in goal to start.

Apologies if previously posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

Game Day Poetry....

Rub a dub dub

Smash those whining gits!

the end

giphy.gif.c20dd8d479e5aa06a14ab261e21340a8.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I think you might have missed the inference....

I'm not sure it's possible to miss an inference. it's possible to miss an implication, but I don't think I did. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Watched this loop for about 5 minutes. 

Time well spent. 

I got your next 5 mins taken care of.

I've logged about 40mins watching this one

image0.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Will be interesting to see if Edmonton split their stars to give them more depth, now would be the game to do it after we lose a defenceman. If I'm Edmonton I put Kane with McDavid and Hyman, and Draisaitl with RNH and whichever other plug they have so they have consistent sustained pressure.

That being said, we have enough defensive depth that we can shut down two lines. Miller against McDavid, Lindholm against Draisaitl and defensively any one of our pairs can deal with either line but of course you don't want Juulsen out there defending for too long. 

Petey and his linemates have to win their 3rd line matchup then and should do easily against Henrique. 

Going to be interesting to see how Edmonton adjusts and hopefully they don't win a game out of it, but we make some in-game adjustments if things aren't going our way. So far a great series like a chess game, teams trading adjustments and winning off the back of them. Hopefully splitting their stars and changing goalies doesn't amount to a win for them and our solid structure is too much for these changes.

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

image0.gif

McBaby looks tiny next to Soucy and Z.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I’m so very happy for Brock to find himself again !       And WoW !   I think living up to the ceiling we all hoped he’d reach 

just shoot hard at Pickard !!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Reg said:

According to Edmonton sport radio the lines are: Hyman and Nuge with McDick; and Holloway and Kane centered by Drai.

The Oil may go with seven defensemen (Broberg) and 11 forwards. Pickard will be in goal to start.

Apologies if previously posted.

Interesting, going to want our physical shutdown guys out there against Draisaitl and defensively aware but good skaters out there against McDavid then.

Surely Miller vs McDavid and Lindholm vs Draisaitl but on defence then, I don't mind Hughes and Hronek against McDavid any chance we get. Hronek has played McDavid perfectly so far but I'd rather have Hughes shadow him and get Hronek in the crease to box out Hyman who's going to be a real problem. Meanwhile, their 2nd line is going to be a physical handful so would love a pairing of Zadorov-Myers to deal with them.

Let's keep laying the smack down on those greasy bastards. Special attention for drycider (peach flavour) and mctoddler.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

2 hours ago, CaribouCanuck said:

True, even if the Canucks try to do to him what the Predators did to Hughes I suspect that is going to come with a lot of risk from the reffs. 

Surely the refs must tire of his diving and McDavid's questioning every non-call, mustn't they?

And I know, don't call you Shirley.

If I was a ref, they'd have to bleed out before they got a call outta me after all their BS.

13 minutes ago, luckylager said:

image0.gif

where did you get this? i've never seen it before.

• Haha 1

DJ looking at the puck just as he make contact with Elkholm and skates away with it !

Time for Nurse to receive the same treatment,  he’ll end up in the box all night for retaliating.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Demko for round 3 

Silovs can take care of the cry babies. 

Yup.  And there will be no game 6. GCG!!

Coil better not leave off checking Pettersson; lad's ready to do some damage.

Karly looks good with him and Mickey's speed and size is going to start working for them.

Crash the net!  Stay there.  Make them pay.