[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

8 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I agree. But we need full black on black. When they wear the black, isn’t the gloves webbing and certain parts white that give our goalies a disadvantage on their equipment? I heard rumblings that Ian Clarke wanted the jerseys we have as that it might make the difference on a critical goal or two if reviewed in close games? 

In Clarke We Trust. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If they have 7 D dressed, then Ekholm is in.  Either way it is clear that Ekholm is hurting.  Joshua... do your thing.  FINISH HIM.

Nux just have to keep taking the body and finish the checks.  They will wear them out in a series.  Nux have size advantage..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Nice.   Game four.   The most important game of any series.   Either up  3-1, tied 2-2 or eliminated 4-0.    Let's play this game like we are in an elimination game and bring our "A" game.   

Game day thoughts:

Juulsen brings the pain. 

Zadarov is targeted, and it goes badly for them. 

McWhiner and DryDiver do their usual antics.    Doesn't work.   

Miller comes to the game like someone stole his wallet and keyed his car.   Ouch for EDM.   Same with Myers.  

EP saved his stuff for tonight,  big game from him.   Lindholm too.  

Canucks 6-3.    Some sad sad sad faces after the game.   From McPouty and his sidekick. 

All this and the Deadmonton boo birds come out early in da turd

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Let Big Z talk, the man is hilarious.  I guess I don't make enough money for the league for them to care about me (re: no punishment for the crosscheck he rec'd which actually caused damage and stiches).

There's half a dozen or more great quotes in even this short clip.  Are you concerned about the fine?  Breaks into laughter...  

• Like 1

We really need something more out of that Petey line.  Either that, or at least breakeven in terms of goals for vs goals against.

image.png.c0c735ab38475ed5297320175db3b67a.png

• Cheers 1

A bit off topic, but on Sunday it was our drummer's birthday, so we all had dinner at his place and watched the Canucks game. Some friends of the band who were there were a husband and wife, who showed up decked out in Canuck jerseys. (The wife is the Canuck fan. She had to convert her husband, who is an ex-pat Brit, originally from London)

Between the 2nd and 3rd periods, she comes over and asks me about this weird strap on the back of her jersey. It was a tie down.....I had to explain to her that it was so Keef couldn't pull the jersey over her head and pummel her at will.....:classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

To state some obvious things - Game 4 is going to be huge - if the Oilers have one of their better games and pull off something like a 6-2 win, its going to be really hard to curb the momentum. Getting behind in the first by a couple is going to be disastrous. Hopefully, Oilers start taking high risks and with the backup in net, and the Canucks can get a couple relatively early and shift the doubt and desperation back to the Oilers.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We really need something more out of that Petey line.  Either that, or at least breakeven in terms of goals for vs goals against.

image.png.c0c735ab38475ed5297320175db3b67a.png

Think this wrong..I believe Cole has at least 3 goals....

Just now, CanuckDownUnder said:

To state some obvious things - Game 4 is going to be huge - if the Oilers have one of their better games and pull off something like a 6-2 win, its going to be really hard to curb the momentum. Getting behind in the first by a couple is going to be disastrous. Hopefully, Oilers start taking high risks and with the backup in net, and the Canucks can get a couple relatively early and shift the doubt and desperation back to the Oilers.

I say 6-2 for the Nucks breaks the Oilers....I refuse to consider your possibility

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Need to lock up Boeser.  Boeser and Miller are the teams best duo.  Just need to find EP a line mate to combo with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • MillerTime 1

It will be interesting to see the energy level in the second half of the game for players like McD with the crazy ice time they've had.  They may be slow on back checks and with the Oilers weaker D, opens up some chances.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

A bit off topic, but on Sunday it was our drummer's birthday, so we all had dinner at his place and watched the Canucks game. Some friends of the band who were there were a husband and wife, who showed up decked out in Canuck jerseys. (The wife is the Canuck fan. She had to convert her husband, who is an ex-pat Brit, originally from London)

Between the 2nd and 3rd periods, she comes over and asks me about this weird strap on the back of her jersey. It was a tie down.....I had to explain to her that it was so Keef couldn't pull the jersey over her head and pummel her at will.....:classic_laugh:

This ex-pat turns 50 tomorrow.

All want is a Canucks win tonight and I will accept my evolution into old-fart-ness. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

In Clarke We Trust. 

Love the Guy, he could probably make you and I into respectable goalies. And I was only ever a 4th liner in Jrs… so that probably gives you an idea of my skillset 😂
   I spoke with Ty Young probably 4-5 times since early last September and he said working with Clarke is amazing. He’s never seen anything like it. 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

All want is a Canucks win tonight and I will accept my evolution into old-fart-ness. 

I'm turning 50 on the 25th.  Looking for us to extend the series as an early b-day present.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well and early Happy Birthday to you, Bishop! 🎂

Hope the Canucks give you an early preset tonight....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Veskit said:

I'm turning 50 on the 25th.  Looking for us to extend the series as an early b-day present.

Well as your senior by ten days I can confirm, in my wisdom,  that your wish is appropriate.

• Like 1

I love jannik hansen but he's a shockingly poor hockey analyst. buying into the oilers smoke and mirrors and not seeing the canucks for what they are.