[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Well as your senior by ten days I can confirm, in my wisdom,  that your wish is appropriate.

As both of your seniors by 13 years, I concur....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

Whatever it takes to win, do it.

Getting sick and tired of the TSN panel drooling over the Oilers, as if them on the Leafs wasn't enough.

Go Canucks GO!

I know what you mean but it is getting to be so funny; they're making themselves look more ridiculous than ever.

I'm watching on SN; you're on TSN? 

Anyway, they're all goofy failures.  'Cept KB3; I'm still hoping for some serious shots, shots, shots from him.  Just lean across the desk and lay Jelliot out please.)

(Click on the Watch on YouTube)

2 minutes ago, tas said:

I love jannik hansen but he's a shockingly poor hockey analyst. buying into the oilers smoke and mirrors and not seeing the canucks for what they are. 

I think Hansen, not unlike some folks on this site, love the Nucks....but, they thought the team wasn't as close or good as they are. That it will still take time and some tweaks to go far.  

However, here we are. Performing as people like you and I ( along with many more silly fans) thought all along. 

It's like watching the rest of the media, after predicting the Oil would bowl us over are starting to say things like ' the Canucks are a deep team...yadda, yadda.'

People have a hard time being wrong more than ever these days. 

I would have a hard time with it too I bet, if it ever happened to me. 😎

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, NHL Tyranny said:

Strange, I thought they'd bring back Sutherland to do their bidding. Also strange is the first suspension was for a lessor infraction than what we've seen league-wide so far. Their business model must assume most current and future fans are idiots.

GCG!!! Time for Pettey to shine....

Saving him for game 5.

Make crappy calls against the Canucks causing a potential loss.

And piss off the home town fans.

Win win for bettman and his band of crooks.

6 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

I know what you mean but it is getting to be so funny; they're making themselves look more ridiculous than ever.

I'm watching on SN; you're on TSN? 

Anyway, they're all goofy failures.  'Cept KB3; I'm still hoping for some serious shots, shots, shots from him.  Just lean across the desk and lay Jelliot out please.)

(Click on the Watch on YouTube)

god I miss juice. nobody has ever skated with as much swagger, with that upright stance of his. 

• ThereItIs 1

52 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Thanks. 

So, ‘our’ Organization didn’t make a request to the League to allow them to wear the ‘Blacks’. 

Stupid. 

Most of ‘us‘ want the Blacks. 

This Organization. Always reactive. Never proactive. 

I swear Frankie hates the black jerseys and only gave in due to fan pressure during the struggling years 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think Hansen, not unlike some folks on this site, love the Nucks....but, they thought the team wasn't as close or good as they are. That it will still take time and some tweaks to go far.  

However, here we are. Performing as people like you and I ( along with many more silly fans) thought all along. 

It's like watching the rest of the media, after predicting the Oil would bowl us over are starting to say things like ' the Canucks are a deep team...yadda, yadda.'

People have a hard time being wrong more than ever these days. 

I would have a hard time with it too I bet, if it ever happened to me. 😎

I just hate hearing all the bullshit pseudo-analysis. oh edmonton outshot them 45-18 so they're dominating them and just ran into a hot goalie blah blah blah. 

there was no point last game where I was nervous. the canucks love playing against this team. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On D&D earlier, Donnie was saying to Craig Button that it looks like it'll be 3rd string goalie vs 3rd string goalie tonight. Button responded with something like: Pickard is a 3rd string goalie, but Silovs is not. 

Silovs is proving himself as very capable backup to Demko. These playoffs are likely it for DeSmith as a Canuck. 

Demko-Silovs tandem could be amazing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, tas said:

I just hate hearing all the bullshit pseudo-analysis. oh edmonton outshot then 45-28 so they're dominating them and just ran into a hot goalie blah blah blah. 

there was no point last game where I was nervous. the canucks love playing against this team. 

You and I have butted heads in the past...

But now we are brothers in arms. The Canucks have owned the Oil...all year. Only game we lost is by 1 goal... in OT.

We need to just keep at it. Believe in this great squad and roll through our enemies. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Combover said:

Nucks physical play is taking its toll on the oilers ekholm banged up might not play

Dryrub McKaren all getting over played and taking a beating because of it. 

keep it up boys.  pound the crap out of them on the score board and on the ice.

media and oilers idiots want revenge so I expect them to come out swinging so if Vancouver can play composed and keep playing their game the oilers will be focused on not looking like the bitches they are.

Lmao

McKaren

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

i worked with a Turkish soccer fan who I was trying to convert to a hockey fan (was successful).

I'll never forget one day after a game when I came in to work and asked Mert how he liked the game. He said "well it was really good until Luongo got tired. Why did he go sit on the bench while the game was so close!! Did he give up?"

I then went on to explain pulling the goalie for an extra attacker.

"Ohhhhhhh"

Priceless story.  

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

On D&D earlier, Donnie was saying to Craig Button that it looks like it'll be 3rd string goalie vs 3rd string goalie tonight. Button responded with something like: Pickard is a 3rd string goalie, but Silovs is not. 

Silovs is proving himself as very capable backup to Demko. These playoffs are likely it for DeSmith as a Canuck. 

Button is an idiot

• ThereItIs 2

8 hours ago, grumpyone said:

every whistle, the Canucks should be asking Drai and McD .... why you so pissy? 

let them get steamed, and skate away... eventually they'll blow a gasket and do something REALLY stupid.

every whistle, the Canucks should be asking Drai and McD .... why you so pUssy? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Button is a pretty good eye for talent.   Sure gets some of the amateur stuff wrong, but not nearly as much as most GMs, who have a staff.    Coming from him that means more. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

You disagree with him?

Usually.

He's spewing a large pile of yeg cope. Silovs IS a 3rd string goalie, there's no way around it.

Has he done well all things considered? Yes

Did he spend the season as our 3rd string goaltender? Also yes

Button is an idiot

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't surprize me to see this game called with silly weak penalties to get Oilers some advantage, as only their pp generates chance to win

Sickening that it has been their so-called stars that should have been suspended (after this ruling) and yet not one suspension to them as to harm their chances of advancing

League doing their best to manage some advantage ,

Let's see how this game is called

Edited by Ballisticsports
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You and I have butted heads in the past...

But now we are brothers in arms. The Canucks have owned the Oil...all year. Only game we lost is by 1 goal... in OT.

We need to just keep at it. Believe in this great squad and roll through our enemies. 

Go Canucks go! Hug it out. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Just need to keep it going.

Is this wiener-mobile a good emoji, like a bandwagon, or does it mean the poster is a wiener?

Anyway, I gave your post an Oscar-Myers-Wiener-Mobile-Bandwagon-Rolling thingie. 🍻 🌭 🛻 🎺 etc

• Wiener 1

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Usually.

He's spewing a large pile of yeg cope. Silovs IS a 3rd string goalie, there's no way around it.

Has he done well all things considered? Yes

Did he spend the season as our 3rd string goaltender? Also yes

Button is an idiot

I agree but since called up Silovs has been looking like a backup/starter.

Next season he should be with the bug club.

But yes was third string.

Just now, cripplereh said:

I agree but since called up Silovs has been looking like a backup/starter.

Next season he should be with the bug club.

But yes was third string.

Don't allow them any room for it.

They are losing to a 3rd string goalie. End of story

• Like 1