[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

Unlike the Nashville series, where I felt Tocchet was being out-coached and where I think we were very lucky to win, I think this series Tocchet has the upper hand.

Knobhead has made a lot of bad decisions... especially putting Draisaitl and McDavid together at even strength and then over-playing their line at the expense of ice time for the bottom six.

Sure their top two should get at least 20-22 minutes, and should be together on the PP, but a winning team needs to have balance on ice time of the lines.

The lack of production from the bottom 9 has really been obvious for the Oilers... and they can't win that way.

Plus if the Oilers somehow come out of this series with a win, McDavid and Draisaitl will be completely burnt out... they'll be run out of the rink by whoever wins the Dallas/Colorado series.

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Unlike the Nashville series, where I felt Tocchet was being out-coached and where I think we were very lucky to win, I think this series Tocchet has the upper hand.

Knobhead has made a lot of bad decisions... especially putting Draisaitl and McDavid together at even strength and then over-playing their line at the expense of ice time for the bottom six.

Sure their top two should get at least 20-22 minutes, and should be together on the PP, but a winning team needs to have balance on ice time of the lines.

The lack of production from the bottom 9 has really been obvious for the Oilers... and they can't win that way.

Plus if the Oilers somehow come out of this series with a win, McDavid and Draisaitl will be completely burnt out... they'll be run out of the rink by whoever wins the Dallas/Colorado series.

I agree about playing them together that long wears them out and takes away team involvement

Putting them on the PP is one thing , or reuniting them in the 3rd as a desperation is another, but when they start together as a plan A and that fails, then you have nothing else to help you (except the league and refs as we are witnessing)

38 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Is this wiener-mobile a good emoji, like a bandwagon, or does it mean the poster is a wiener?

Anyway, I gave your post an Oscar-Myers-Wiener-Mobile-Bandwagon-Rolling thingie. 🍻 🌭 🛻 🎺 etc

I have treated it more as what a wiener.  But I am good either way.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

That’s awesome cause he has major crush on her. And all he says is “she’s really pretty and that jacket looks great on her”.  

Like really? I was shocked. Didn’t think teenage boys talked like that. Was waiting for a rude chauvinistic remark. Maybe he is a better person than was at his age. 

Maybe?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

I work nights, and just woke up from a great dream; the Canucks beat Florida in seven to win the cup, and Arty was the Conn Smythe winner as he got more comfortable and confident as the playoffs progressed. I was so happy, but then woke up with this, what would that do to the goaltending picture next year? Lol Canucks and goalie controversies.

If they win the cup they could go 3~79 next year and I’d still be happy lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Thanks. 

So, ‘our’ Organization didn’t make a request to the League to allow them to wear the ‘Blacks’. 

Stupid. 

Most of ‘us‘ want the Blacks. 

This Organization. Always was reactive. Never was proactive. 

Was.  Not anymore.  They'll get there; so much has gone so very well so far so.. so there lol!

(I thought you were going to bed...)  Sleepy silent sniping sharp shooter.

47 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Don't allow them any room for it.

They are losing to a 3rd string goalie. End of story

Exactly this. Button is trying to change the narrative and set up excuses. We’re both playing our third stringers. Ours just happens to be better than all of Edmonton’s goalies. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

Just a FYI..most of Pickards wins were against bottom feeders this year.

he has played 10 playoff games total in his career like total, at any level,  since 2008 in the WHL where he played half of this total in one brief post season 

dear god fire a ton of shots from everywhere and get in his grill, trash talk him and put pressure on him 

7 minutes ago, quattrob said:

Craig Button clown showing his true colors

Button trying to do some damage control for his ridiculous demand to the league for a suspension. Other hockey analysts, including Toronto’s Kyper and Bourne, have fully acknowledged this is what happened

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

he has played 10 playoff games total in his career like total, at any level,  since 2008 in the WHL where he played half of this total in one brief post season 

dear god fire a ton of shots from everywhere and get in his grill, trash talk him and put pressure on him 

Need to get to him early - the longer he goes without issues, the more confident he will get.

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Wow that’s got to be some kind of record or super anomalous stat - not often you make the show without gaining post season experience along the way 

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Love Boes huge comeback year. I had my doubts about his ability to bounce back last year but the crow has been eaten.

What sauce goes best with a crow?