[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

Just now, HKSR said:

I disagree.  I've seen plenty of teams play at 110% from puck drop to the end of the game.  A lapse in judgment on a single play doesn't constitute not playing a full 60min.  All it means is putting in 110% effort, skating hard, and executing the game plan for the entirety of a game and sticking to it until the very last second ticks off the clock.  I'd put down good money that the Oilers will do that tonight.  We need to match it to win.

Show me the game or games in these playoffs where teams play full 60. It’s impossible and I’m not talking about a single play, ALL teams have a lull in a game whether it’s for 5 minutes and then reset. Canucks have shown in these very playoffs they score 2 or 3 goals in 3 minutes. 60 minute effort is one thing but dominating for 60 just doesn’t happen. 

We are the better TEAM and if McD and Dry play another 30 minutes and we can stay even with them while on ice our depth wins the other 30 minutes of play. 

Go Canucks:towel:

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I've said it before and I'll repeat it.... especially if when we win tonight, how long before McD DEMANDS either a trade or that they get a legitimate number 1 goalie.

little does he realize though that without a good to great top 4 defense, even Shisterkin or Hellybuck would get smoked from being left out to dry so much. 

personally, I don't think that Skinner is all that bad, he just has ZERO defense in front of him. His forwards are running from the D zone like rats fleeing a sinking ship... WAYYY too soon as his team doesn't even have control of the puck before they skedattle trying to get the breakaway or 2 on 1 ( I'm talking mainly about their 2 so called superstars )

• Cheers 1

Just now, Nucker67 said:

Do the Oilers really think they'll win a Cup with Pickard? 🤣  They should just give up.   

I think all they hope for right now is to get past us.  I really don't think Oilers fans deep down feel they will win a Cup this year.  If somehow they manage the squeak past us, Dallas will rip them to shreds. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NucksIn50 said:

Show me the game or games in these playoffs where teams play full 60. It’s impossible and I’m not talking about a single play, ALL teams have a lull in a game whether it’s for 5 minutes and then reset. Canucks have shown in these very playoffs they score 2 or 3 goals in 3 minutes. 60 minute effort is one thing but dominating for 60 just doesn’t happen. 

We are the better TEAM and if McD and Dry play another 30 minutes and we can stay even with them while on ice our depth wins the other 30 minutes of play. 

Go Canucks:towel:

NYR and Florida come to mind.  They've had games where they dominated from start to finish.  When you have the depth of those teams, you basically attack in waves.  I bet if Dallas didn't have to play 2 powerhouses in VGK and the Avs, you would have seen them do the same against a team like the Oilers. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

NYR and Florida come to mind.  They've had games where they dominated from start to finish.  When you have the depth of those teams, you basically attack in waves.  I bet if Dallas didn't have to play 2 powerhouses in VGK and the Avs, you would have seen them do the same against a team like the Oilers. 

Well, game 5 for NYR was anything but.  Pretty much choked the third period. Had a 1-0 at home to close out a series.  

My friend went to the game. What a wasted of time. 

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Dallas looks legit and was my pick to win the cup. If we can get by the Oilers we absolutely need bubble Demko and EP to show up to have a chance. That said, to be honest, my cup is now with this series. Seeing the Canucks bump the whiny, pretender, diving cheapshot Oilers out of the playoffs will give me a perma grin all summer.

Yeah, I think Dallas is too deep and too talented.  Like you said, without bubble Demko and EP, we won't stand a chance.  They're making Mackinnon and Makar look pretty ordinary.  IMO, we've already far exceeded expectations this year.  Anything happening here on is gravy.  Just would LOVE to knock off the Oilers though. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Again I’m sorry but I’ve watched both series and Carolina has been in on every game in that series first 3 games were decided in OT so if you’re going to say with a straight face that NYR dominated for 60 minutes is laughable and even how terrible Boston has been they’ve had 5 minute pushes until Florida says nope. I hear what you are trying to say. We are the better TEAM, they have the 2 best players in the world that have already played a 7 game series in 3 games vs us because that’s all they have. Our depth wins over and over again. The only way Canucks lose this series is if Edmonton gets 6 pp a game, Silovs/DeSmith or Demko forget to stop pucks and our D stops playing physical oh and our Center depth forgets how to play their position. A lot of ifs. 

it sucks having the better TEAM it really does :towel:

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Well, game 5 for NYR was anything but.  Pretty much choked the third period. Had a 1-0 at home to close out a series.  

My friend went to the game. What a wasted of time. 

Not saying these teams don't have off nights.  I'm saying there HAVE been games where they play a full 60min.  I don't think any team would ever play a full 60min for every single game in the season lol

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Not saying these teams don't have off nights.  I'm saying there HAVE been games where they play a full 60min.  I don't think any team would ever play a full 60min for every single game in the season lol

Doesn't matter. W is what counts.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Again I’m sorry but I’ve watched both series and Carolina has been in on every game in that series first 3 games were decided in OT so if you’re going to say with a straight face that NYR dominated for 60 minutes is laughable and even how terrible Boston has been they’ve had 5 minute pushes until Florida says nope. I hear what you are trying to say. We are the better TEAM, they have the 2 best players in the world that have already played a 7 game series in 3 games vs us because that’s all they have. Our depth wins over and over again. The only way Canucks lose this series is if Edmonton gets 6 pp a game, Silovs/DeSmith or Demko forget to stop pucks and our D stops playing physical oh and our Center depth forgets how to play their position. A lot of ifs. 

Agreed, that series is much closer than it seems

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NucksIn50 said:

I never said playing a full 60min means dominating a full 60.  I said it means giving 110%, skating hard, and sticking to the game plan.  The Canucks came out in period 1 last game with a clear purpose.  By periods 2 and 3, you can see they clearly deviated from it.  That's what I'm talking about.  Depth and a TEAM like you indicated are what allows a team to play 60 solid minutes.