[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Doesn't matter. W is what counts.  

Absolutely.  That's why I think if the Canucks want the W tonight, they're gonna have to match the effort the Oilers are gonna put in tonight.  Their backs are pretty much against the wall now.  Canucks will have to match that intensity.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I really, really want to see the oilers media cave in on the team tonight and start talking like they always knew the collapse was inevitable. I'm licking my chops. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I never said playing a full 60min means dominating a full 60.  I said it means giving 110%, skating hard, and sticking to the game plan.  The Canucks came out in period 1 last game with a clear purpose.  By periods 2 and 3, you can see they clearly deviated from it.  That's what I'm talking about.  Depth and a TEAM like you indicated are what allows a team to play 60 solid minutes. 

Ok yes we outplay out score Edmonton 3-1 in period 1. Our team doesn’t intentionally come out in the 2nd or 3rd to sit back. Edmontons big guys are coming out every second shift but the Canucks play within a system they have built over a season which is protecting the middle of the ice. If we were down after 1 we would have to push a bit while not getting away from our structure. I dunno man, I appreciate your concerns/takes I just don’t see it. We can just agree to disagree.

I think we will both be happy after a 4-2 win tonight for the good guys and a series victory. 

Go Canucks :towel:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Absolutely.  That's why I think if the Canucks want the W tonight, they're gonna have to match the effort the Oilers are gonna put in tonight.  Their backs are pretty much against the wall now.  Canucks will have to match that intensity.

matching the oilers effort on any given night is a good way to make sure you lose.

set the tone yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Oils are betting favorites, just like last game and every game.  Lmao 

Nux +170

Oils -205

Underdogs entering series, Canucks now slight favourites to advance past Oilers

FanDuel didn't give the Canucks much of a shot to beat the Oilers entering their second round series. Vancouver was +235 to win the series prior to its Game 1 win, but up two games to one, the Canucks are now slight favourites to advance to the Western Conference Final.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/underdogs-entering-series-canucks-now-slight-favourites-to-advan~2920854

• Cheers 1

Just win.... 

I don't care if they have to slip a brown envelope to the ref or offer McD free night at every Gentlemen club in Vancouver or whatever..

Just win this game... Just can't wait to hear the whining from Oilers nation led by Whitney and Mark Spector in particular...

JUST WIN THE GAME BOYS.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Just win.... 

I don't care if they have to slip a brown envelope to the ref or offer McD free night at every Gentlemen club in Vancouver or whatever..

Just win this game... Just can't wait to hear the whining from Oilers nation led by Whitney and Mark Spector in particular...

how about free tee times at Golden Eagle golf club for Friday?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

matching the oilers effort on any given night is a good way to make sure you lose.

set the tone yourself. 

That's true, but I'm not expecting that when I think we've only seen 20 to MAYBE 30min of it the past 2 games.  If we can match the Oilers intensity for 60min, I think we win anyway with our depth,defence, and goaltending.

• Cheers 1

Ok boys and girls LFG! There are few things that will make me happier today than stealing two from Edmonton at home. Here's hoping Juulsen rocks some oilers through the boards.... responsibly.

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Just win.... 

Aquaman got to open his wallets...

IMG_2147.jpg?resize=388,640

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Ok yes we outplay out score Edmonton 3-1 in period 1. Our team doesn’t intentionally come out in the 2nd or 3rd to sit back. Edmontons big guys are coming out every second shift but the Canucks play within a system they have built over a season which is protecting the middle of the ice. If we were down after 1 we would have to push a bit while not getting away from our structure. I dunno man, I appreciate your concerns/takes I just don’t see it. We can just agree to disagree.

I think we will both be happy after a 4-2 win tonight for the good guys and a series victory. 

That's pretty worrisome then if the Edmonton big guns can push us back into a defensive shell where we get 4 shots on net at the other end.  What happens if we don't have a solid lead after the 1st and the Edmonton big guns come out and do the same thing? 

I'm nervous for tonight because of 2 things:

1. Pickard could be a wild card.  Odds are he will suck, but you NEVER know with goalies.  They're a weird breed and we traditionally have struggled against backups for whatever reason.

2. Oilers have their backs against the wall.  They will push harder than they've pushed all series. 

If the Canucks win 4-2 tonight, I'll be back here to celebrate with ya!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

nucks can play way better than they did in the third

tocchet himself said it was a consequence of flipping pucks out rather than skating it out

also karlsson looks way better on peteys wing than hogs did, expect peteys line to get more chances this game

• Upvote 1

The more we win against Edmonton the more I feel karma is coming back to bite Edmonton. I remember in the mid 80's. Vacationing at Skaha Lake. It wasn't just the Canucks were just not competitive. The Lions were not competitive as well. It made it hell listening to the folks from Calgary and Edmonton bragging about how good their teams were.

That's why I'm kind of muted on bashing Edmonton. Of course I did point out, if Edmonton and Calgary are so great? Why are they vacationing in BC?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

I think the Oilers are going to try to outmuscle the Canucks tonight.

We need to keep laying the body and making it tough, but let them try to be intimidating. 

If we can maintain composure and put last game and events behind us I can see the Oilers taking lots of penalties out of frustration.

The oilers once frustrated are their own worst enemy and they’ve just about lost it

We will put this one away 7-3

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

I think the Oilers are going to try to outmuscle the Canucks tonight.

We need to keep laying the body and making it tough, but let them try to be intimidating. 

If we can maintain composure and put last game and events behind us I can see the Oilers taking lots of penalties out of frustration.

The oilers once frustrated are their own worst enemy and they’ve just about lost it

bingo. Composure should be the word tonight. Stick to our game, don't get dragged down. We're more than a match for them physically, just playing the right way. 

• Upvote 1