[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

Coach sounds exasperated. Some scathing comments towards the players who are not contributing.

The thing is, the pressure was squarely on the Oilers and we knew they would come out hard. I honestly thought we would get annihilated in this game. We did not. We were right there. Just a couple dumb mistakes, but we are still very much in this series. Just need to win at home and clean up all this shit we did today 

That game was no different than the previous three.  The Canucks sit back and let the oilers punch them repeatedly for most of the game and then throw a few punches and  hope they score a lucky combination for a knockout.  

That's been every game in this series 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Thought it was gonna be a rough one when we got 1 shot on the double minor. Huge wasted opportunity there. Pot a couple, and force McDrai to play more shifts.

The comeback was nice, at least.

Wasn't horribly disappointed with the reffing. A couple weak moments, but nothing egregious.

It was not a high stick, sadly.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is though, the Oilers WERE moving their feet and some good solid hits can slow things down. We know Draisaitl's been crying over his back (although he's a faker so not sure if it's for real). Hammer him. Often.

I do know that they try to take away the passes/seams, etc. but a physical game was working pretty well for them. Especially when you have Kane and Nurse running around like hotshots. A bit more brawn to start the game might've set a different tone.

But....they almost pulled it off so the Oilers can think about that. They let a 2 goal lead slide in the 3rd....not quite the powerhouse running over us.

Yeah, so can good execution.  

The way I see it is EDM is gambling a bit in the O zone.  When the Canucks can win battles & exit the zone w possession EDM definitely backs off.  Garland’s line definitely showed that.  

I do think Canucks havnt shown how good they are when they are at their best.  

Listening to Tocc’s media avail now-battle level def an issue for him (5-6 passengers!) 😬

new day thursday 

Edited by AngryGoose
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Some people here consider it to be just "unlucky" poor Cole!! 🙄

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

I can’t remember, is it 5 or 6 goals against this series he’s been unlucky on? If you got to be good to be lucky what does it take to be unlucky?

• Like 2

Just now, stawns said:

That game was no different than the previous three.  The Canucks sit back and let the oilers punch them repeatedly for most of the game and then throw a few punches and  hope they score a lucky combination for a knockout.  

I don't think that was part of the plan, Tocchet isn't happy with the effort, and 5 or 6 guys who need to bring it. 

9 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Tocchet says 5-6 guys need to get going... specifically named Pettersson as one of the guys that have to get going.

When did he call out Petey?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

F*ck you a$$hole.

He had a big part in both the 2-1 and that tying goal.

Intelligent post. He’s been abysmal. Enjoy whatever player you are seeing in your head. Most of the comments coming in agree. He hasn’t been good. The coach is saying he hasn’t been good. I will take his opinion over yours any day. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Apricot said:

That loss hurt, the fact that we came back and lost in the dying seconds...it hurts. 

I would rather we lost 2-0, it would've hurt less. 

I think you need to divorce a few players to shake things up.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

All those wet blankets screaming and crying... relax.

Its a 3 game series... with the Canucks having home ice advantage.

Tonight was their worst game... and they nearly forced OT.

Oilers score on a seeing eye shot.

See you on home ice.

Guys always bounce back after a loss. 

Soucy will be back. Full strength.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Do you know how far down the depth list Lek is?

but just about anyone would be better than Mik.  I don;t even think he's scored a goal this year and is beyond useless.   He'll be pkg'd up with something and deported after this season!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Shots are mostly from the outside and they're playing McDrai 30 minutes a night. It's just not sustainable from their side. Canucks played like shit tonight and still nearly snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. 

I would hazard a guess that they're playing overly defensive while running with their third string goalie. Anyone saying they run with Silovs if Demko comes back is frankly a fucking idiot.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

About damn time he's called out.  He's not contributing anywhere near where he needs to be for this team to get through this round.  I said it before the series started... if Petey doesn't get going this series, we won't make it through.

25 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Canucks worse game this series.   Good thing is they bounce back after such.  Looking forward to a barn burner in VAN!!!

P.s scratch Mik for Hoagie 

And Karlsson for Podkolzin

• Cheers 3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

PETTERSSON 

Suter

Cole

Hronek

Lindholm 

Mikheyev

Absolutely 110% correct with that list!  They are undoubtedly the bunch Tock-it is calling out for poor effort!

Edited by RU SERIOUS