[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

I do like @PhillipBluntidea of getting Podz in.  Aman has injected some energy, and I’d be very interested in seeing Hoagie/Podz on Petey’s wing can bring it too.  Being at home Tocc protect them a bit too.

Aman Bleugs Lafferty or Karlsson in the 4th line

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Honestly if we were playing the Stars or the Avs, I'd be happy with how far we've come in 1 year.  The problem is losing this series to these loser Oilers and their stupid fans would suck.

Agree with you...eliminating these smug fools would be very satisfying.  Not only to see them march off the ice in defeat but to watch the talking heads on Sportsnet rationalize it.

this is a winnable series. Team needs to pressure more and their D looks very vulnerable.  They have seen their leads erased in two games now - that has to be in their head.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Maybe we have seen our A game. We’ve been sucking since post All Star break. 

We never saw that level or even our B level in these playoffs. That is the point. We probably did peak at the ASG.

Also remember as good as Silvos is, we still only played one game with our starter and Vezina caliber goalie. Hard to play our A game without our true starter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

So you want to load up the first two lines, and what if he still stinks? If we are stacking the top two lines, for the rest of the playoffs, we are definitely going home. It’s not the way we are built.

who cares about how we're built, the petey line is competely ineffective right now. it simply doesnt exist. it has no effect on the game 5 on 5. 

theres 0 harm losing that "line" and juicing up another. 

put petey with lindholm and hoglander. theres enough skill there. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Guys like I said, 

4-2 series vs the Predators. 

4-3 series flip a coin on this one. 

Canucks have to SHOOT the puck it’s Pickard and Skinner…

Oilers don’t have that good of a defense where we only average 18 shots per game, this isn’t Nashville… 

Food for thought:

Edited by The Aquaman

33 minutes ago, highandinside said:

I would rather Lekerimaki over Mik at this point on EP line.  At least someone who can shoot. It's worth a try

yeah I'm not sure he is ready for it yet, but something has to change, as that line is dead... Mika has been a massive disappointment since Christmas... first he was just snakebitten, but now it looks like he has totally lost confidence... And unless the get EP going somehow, I fear it won't end well...

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

Hughes will figure it out, im way less worried about him

i think its pretty clear weve gotta load up 2 lines and hope that blueger can still be effective with joshua and garland

suter-miller-boeser

petey-lindholm-hoglander

garland-blueger-joshua

lafferty-aman-mikheyev

Hughes only has 2-3 games to sort it out. It looks like he got rattled from the Nashville series hits.

Definitely no point in keeping Mik with Petey, because neither are scoring in the playoffs. I'd be temped to put the 649 line together if only to give Petey a chance to score. Maybe if he scores he starts playing with more confidence.

Part of me wonders about putting Garland with Boeser and Miller to bring his energy and push. The problem is what does Suter contribute with Blueger and Joshua. Joshua could be the scorer, but would the others do.

5 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

So you want to load up the first two lines, and what if he still stinks? If we are stacking the top two lines, for the rest of the playoffs, we are definitely going home. It’s not the way we are built.

I seem to remember joshua bluegar and garland doing pretty damn well. 

Not how were built lol that line carried us through parts of the season

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

who cares about how we're built, the petey line is competely ineffective right now. it simply doesnt exist. it has no effect on the game 5 on 5. 

Then we are babying EP40, he’s paid to be the driver on any line, even with not so good wingers.

Playoffs really show you the type of players the players really are:

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

The Lind-🏠 with Petty Experiment was attempted and proved to be a huge failure and why Tock-it keeps them apart.   Petty needs to be on the lotto line.  the only line that has ever worked for him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

I thought mik was skating well tonight.  Obviously he's lost his hands, but he rarely actually hurts the team.

Deployment and salary aside; he's a great 4th liner.

Just now, The Aquaman said:

Then we are babying EP40, he’s paid to be the driver on any line, even with not so good wingers.

Playoffs really show you the type of players the players really are:

again, who CARES if we're babying him. its not the regular season. we dont have time for him to "learn the lesson".

if his line is doing nothing, we lose nothing by splitting it and putting him as a weapon on another line. 

42 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

U are the second person to say he's unlucky.

Not true 

The guys is a shit player. A waste of a roster spot. 

He is to bring a veteran presence but he brings disappointment.  This is why he was only given a year. But he is noticeably waste his chance being resigned. And for good reason

He's had pucks bounce off of him and in.  The one off of his stick and in people would have been pissed if he didn't try to intercept the pass coming through the crease.  That shit happens.  I'm not saying he's been great, but he hasn't been as bad as people make him out to be.  I think he's gone because of his $3M/yr cost, but he's been overall average to good this past year, not to mention a physical presence which this fanbase bagged for over the many years.

• Like 1

Let the Oilers enjoy this win, it will be there last. I fully expect the Canucks to take that moment from the 3rd in to the next game and come out playing fast, hitting hard. Petey will wake these next two games. Good practice for him to get ready for Dallas

Pickard isn't good, he wasn't tested that much until the 3rd.

The Canucks have the better goaltending and will finish this off in 6 just as I had predicted. Let it be said Let it be done! 

• Cheers 2