[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

again, who CARES if we're babying him. its not the regular season. we dont have time for him to "learn the lesson".

if his line is doing nothing, we lose nothing by splitting it and putting him as a weapon on another line. 

That’s why you and I aren’t NHL coaches.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

yeah I'm not sure he is ready for it yet, but something has to change, as that line is dead... Mika has been a massive disappointment since Christmas... first he was just snakebitten, but now it looks like he has totally lost confidence... And unless the get EP going somehow, I fear it won't end well...

Yeah we literally play with 3 lines.  That Petey line is just to eat up some minutes.  Problem is they're the only line that is negative in terms of +/- these playoffs.  It's brutal.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

yeah I'm not sure he is ready for it yet, but something has to change, as that line is dead... Mika has been a massive disappointment since Christmas... first he was just snakebitten, but now it looks like he has totally lost confidence... And unless the get EP going somehow, I fear it won't end well...

I agree. Throw a pure goal scorer with Pettey. Mik is obviously not doing it and honestly it couldn't be any worse.

I knew not getting a winger like Toffoli for Petey is gonna bite us but then again with how Petey played, trading for another winger probably ain't gonna help much.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The Lind-🏠 with Petty Experiment was attempted and proved to be a huge failure and why Tock-it keeps them apart.   Petty needs to be on the lotto line.  the only line that has ever worked for him.

i think lind with petey is worth another shot personally.

im kinda worried he will mess with boeser and millers mojo, dont wanna mess with that line for a whole game. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

They have to play game 5 like an elimination game.......load up and shorten the bench and just play the bejesus out of your top guys.

Absolutely...

To be fair on Oilers, they jumped out from the start and played like we did in game 3... 

We need to start better... 

Though Cole had a tough start to the game, and the unfortunate pinch for a hit, let the Oilers in easily... (not just Juulsens fault as there were play plenty forwards not helping him out)... 

I believe if Canucks starts on the front foot, they be able to beat them... even convincingly, but they gotta start strong.

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Yeah, all he did was leave Draisaitl all alone on the powerplay. Lol. Progress.

It's astonishing Tock-it leaves him in the line up after being directly reponsible for two losses and a very near miss on a third game.    He's a curse!

Just now, Trebreh said:

4min PP and they decided to screw around. 

This pp screams Sedins. They should be kicked off of the coaching staff outside of skills. This type of pp only works for them that makes miracle passes out of nowhere all the time.

Just now, 24K said:

I agree. Throw a pure goal scorer with Pettey. Mik is obviously not doing it and honestly it couldn't be any worse.

I knew not getting a winger like Toffoli for Petey is gonna bite us but then again with how Petey played, trading for another winger probably ain't gonna help much.

People can blame EP's linemates all they want (I agree he hasn't been given a fair line)......but that doesn't mean that he gets a free pass.  How often have you seen him get to the danger zones in front of the net?  How often has he been effective on the PP?  How often have you seen him outskate anyone out there?  Ya.....I'm not dumping on him being on this team.....I'm dumping on his effort level and his price tag next year.  I think that's justified.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

Oil 2 wins were a OT and a 38 sec last min goal

They could have been swept in 4

The OT was a own goal too. Unlucky. 

It's ok. It's going to be tight to the end. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Mika has been a massive disappointment since Christmas... first he was just snakebitten, but now it looks like he has totally lost confidence... And unless the get EP going somehow, I fear it won't end well...

what has disappointed me is his back check.  Seems like when a play goes the other way, rather than stop put your head down and try to force a turnover he just stops skating…..often.  maybe he really is gassed but if that’s the case-not good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

EP needs a power forward who will bulldoze through and take the attention.  EP needs to feel safe out there.  He looks timid.  

3 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Our Speciality teams. Not killing a Oilers PP and not scoring on our own PP.

Opposite of game 3. 

That's the margin. 

Joshua - Miller - Garland

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser

Suter - Lindholm - Blueger

Mikheyev - Aman/Lafferty - Karlsson

Just let the 3rd line play the defensive matchup and let the top two lines go to work. Can't have Miller line being on the defensive end for 40 minutes every game. 

• Like 1

Just now, 24K said:

This pp screams Sedins. They should be kicked off of the coaching staff outside of skills. This type of pp only works for them that makes miracle passes out of nowhere all the time.

No, it doesn't. The Sedins at least could establish zone time. This powerplay literally can't even get setup. The Sedins were never nearly this bad.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah we literally play with 3 lines.  That Petey line is just to eat up some minutes.  Problem is they're the only line that is negative in terms of +/- these playoffs.  It's brutal.

Yeah I don't quite get, why Petey has sunk so deep, but playing with Mika the black hole and Lafferty won't give him much encouragement... 

Bluger and Kalsson with Petey actually looked a lot better... 

Just don't quite get Mika... he had 2-3 big chances to staple an Oiler to the wall but didn't....Go figure... If you can't score, at least hit and defend as if you life depended on it... Not saying we paying them big bucks to do so, but at least that is a help of some sorts.... Doing zilch is helping nobody....

Posted (edited)

One problem that I can see so far, is that our boys are scared to take a penalty. Because that’s all the Oilers have is a PP, 

Just hit them hard, don’t hold back.

What a nice step up to suspend Soucy…joke of a call. NHL wanted this series tied. 

Seems like they want McCrybaby and Crysatil, vs MacKinnon and Makar.

Edited by The Aquaman