[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

That's not Petey. 

He's his own toughest critic and one of the hardest workers on the ice. 

I've never understood when people claim x player is his own toughest critic. How do you know that?

I am frustrated with Hronek. $6mil plus player 50pt defencemen but man he has to start to generate some offence. What happened to his 100mph bomb?????? Stop trying to make slap passes that hasn’t converted once this playoff.

like to see petey with hog and podz or hog and karlsson. No more Mikey if you want him to get going.

Its a complete joke, EP40 wanted to play with a team that could win the cup, well...it starts with EP40 , and even rick says he needs to pick it up and stop being a passenger, of coarse theres others aswell..but ep40 made a huge stink about a winner, but hes been playing in a huge hole and doesnt know how to get out of it

2 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Petey really needs to figure his shit out. This can't continue 

Or he needs to sit down with someone - a coach, staff,  mgr, sedins, whoever - see what he needs and how the team can make it better -  hopefully get his game back asap - The time for just 'hoping to get back" is long past - we're just 2 losses away from end of season -  pretty much now or next year.

To win, we need everyone contributing  -  Look at the Oil tonight - Nug and Bouchard contributing scoring.made all the difference tonight. And McD did not need to play 30m.

Ngl RT comments little wild consider he’s made zero coaching adjustment after being dominated the last 4 periods. It work game 1 but we where out playing them but being outplayed as bad as we where something needed to change…

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

In any case, I think we can safely now dispense for good the "but MacKinnon" and "but McDavid" defenses of Pettersson's struggles. If it wasn't clear to people before, it should be clear now that he's not the same class of player.

I am not sure saying Pettersson can bounce back to his normal self like other star players is some sort of a defense and proclamation he is generational. He clearly is not. He is franchise tier.

Are you just assuming he is gonna be like this for the rest of his career?

Edited by 24K

43 minutes ago, viking mama said:

^whiny pouty & doubty describes this post. Would you think about your kid this way while he’s in the pursuit of his goals & happiness?

As of now EP40 is in our Canucks’ Nation’s family & while these  play-offs series are on-going for them, I choose to send positivity his way, instead!

^Couldn’t hurt…& I bet it helps. Didn’t he say his family would be here & attending some games. Be like them! 

2 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:
The issue I have is that he hasn’t really carried anything. He looks just as plain or worse than some of his linemates at times. I mean Mik has had way more scoring chances than him in this series.

Because for the most part Petey is putting the puck on Mik's stick in grade A locations. I believe Petey's hurt and has been for awhile, making it hard to get to his spots on time. The kind of injury that requires rest, which you don't get in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Petey already played with Lindholm and Joshua, and Garland, and Mik, and Podz and Karlsson, and Hogz, and Boeser... and he still didn't produce....

Complete bullshit.

Pettersson played 2-3 games with Lindholm... Lindholm scored two goals during those games.

Joshua and Garland played 1/4 of a game with Pettersson... not a sample.  Same with all the rest... except Boeser.

When the Lotto line was re-united, Pettersson scored 12 points in 5 games, 7 goals and 5 assists and was NHL Player of the week... then the line was broken up.

The winning goal in the Preds series winning game was scored when Boeser was fortuitously re-united with Pettersson, took a pass from Petey and set up Garland.

• Cheers 1

I think we can agree Petey is injured.

So it is completely conceivable that Petey is getting the linemates he is precisely because he’s injured. He can play effective defensively still and has bursts of offensive potential, but he’s surviving on smarts right now. Other teams still have to respect him and match up to a degree and he’s also very effective against other teams top lines. So we’re essentially deploying his line hoping that we play no worse than neutral, which allows the Miller and Lindholm lines effective and capitalize when we can on Edmonton’s subpar bottom 6. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

Its a complete joke, EP40 wanted to play with a team that could win the cup, well...it starts with EP40 , and even rick says he needs to pick it up and stop being a passenger, of coarse theres others aswell..but ep40 made a huge stink about a winner, but hes been playing in a huge hole and doesnt know how to get out of it

Yep, that's it. He should have realized that with the money he was demanding, he ought to be one of the primary reasons his team wins.

The sad part is - I'd say some guys are carrying their weight and more. The outlook would be so much brighter if only he could carry his.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, 24K said:

I am not sure saying Pettersson can bounce back to his normal self like other star players a defense. Are you just assume he is gonna be like this for the rest of his career?

Exactly…the emergence of JT Miller, Brock Boeser, Markus Naslund & the Sedins took maturity & time. EP40 is just a hint of what he may become & we haven’t even been told, if he’s had  a lingering ailment or two, that he’s been battling this season.

I’m on team “hopeful” all the way! It’s still early in his tenure & he’s no flakey Jake Virtanen. Elias is the real deal & it’s his life to live. He may NOT wish to stay in a city full of whiny naysayers, so give him the better & best side of the “having fans” experience! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

So it is completely conceivable that Petey is getting the linemates he is precisely because he’s injured. He can play effective defensively still and has bursts of offensive potential, but he’s surviving on smarts right now. Other teams still have to respect him and match up to a degree and he’s also very effective against other teams top lines. So we’re essentially deploying his line hoping that we play no worse than neutral, which allows the Miller and Lindholm lines effective and capitalize when we can on Edmonton’s subpar bottom 6. 

I think this is the case too but it begs the question why we still kept playing Petey instead of resting him when we clinched the division in the regular season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

2 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:
The issue I have is that he hasn’t really carried anything. He looks just as plain or worse than some of his linemates at times. I mean Mik has had way more scoring chances than him in this series.

Because for the most part Petey is putting the puck on Mik's stick in grade A locations. I believe Petey's hurt and has been for awhile, making it hard to get to his spots on time. The kind of injury that requires rest, which you don't get in the playoffs.

Can you point to anything in his usage that suggests he's injured? Would Tocchet say what he said about him if he knew Pettersson was injured?

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Why?

1 hour ago, filthy animal said:

11.6 million? Carrying a whole line is in the job description

But apparently not the job description for ANY OTHER top player in this league. Every other top player has a top six running mate. When he's healthy Petey's great, but he still needs somebody to get him the puck in space, or to pull the trigger when they're in position to score. Even Gretzky had Kurri/Anderson and Mario had Jagr. There has never been a great player in this league who didn't have somebody great on his line. Last year he was lucky with Kuz, this year not so much.

23 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

Please provide proof of this... show us the article where he said this.

I think you're full of sh*t.

4 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I think this is the case too but it begs the question why we still kept playing Petey instead of resting him when we clinched the division in the regular season.

Because it requires surgery that would have caused him to miss the playoffs seems to be the most likely reason 

I don't think we need to panic or change too much.

Back at home,  with Soucy.

Edmonton is winning the special teams battle and that's why they have life.

Stay structured and out of the box and we got this.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Because it requires surgery that would have caused him to miss the playoffs seems to be the most likely reason 

Are you just speculating that his injury needs surgery (if he's even injured)?  Because if you are you're just as bad as people giving petey so much shit and wanting to take his head off/trading him.