[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

7 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Please provide proof of this... show us the article where he said this.

I think you're full of sh*t.

Well documented in the pre-season with a full SN special of Petey and Friedman on a river cruise in Europe where Petey says these words. He wants to play for a contender and that’s why he’s signed with a contender. 

2 minutes ago, 43isprime said:
Can you point to anything in his usage that suggests he's injured? Would Tocchet say what he said about him if he knew Pettersson was injured?

When Tocchet gets asked about a player not performing up to standard, the easiest thing to say is he has to find his game. An injured Petey is better than anybody who would replace him. I don't know if it's a hip or a knee or his back, some games it looks like he feels better or is making progress, then he has a game like game 3. I suspect we will learn that he's been struggling with something since the All-Star break, something that playing with isn’t likely to make worse, but takes the shine off a superstar. We didnt find out that Mik was playing with a torn ligament in his knee until right before they shut him down, but he could have continued to play on it if the team was in playoff contention. This is the NHL, at playoff time everybody is tight-lipped about injuries. We still have no idea what Demko's injury is, all Tocc will say is its not the same as the last injury. We just believe its the knee, might be the groin, since I don't think anyone has identified when in Game 1 it happened.

Posted (edited)

This is such an enigma, EP40 and Hughes are my favourite players on the Canucks. 

Pettersson is a point per game career player. 

He and his line are playing against the Oilers 3rd pairing. 

Edited by The Aquaman

1 minute ago, quattrob said:

Are you just speculating that his injury needs surgery (if he's even injured)?  Because if you are you're just as bad as people giving petey so much shit and wanting to take his head off/trading him.  

How are these things the same?

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

Well documented in the pre-season with a full SN special of Petey and Friedman on a river cruise in Europe where Petey says these words. He wants to play for a contender and that’s why he’s signed with a contender. 

Saying he wants to play with a contender, and signing with the Canucks does not mean what the bullsh*t OP said about him, i.e. "...ep40 made a huge stink about a winner..."  as if he made demands in his contract talks about it and threatened to move elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Saying he wants to play with a contender, and signing with the Canucks does not mean what the bullsh*t OP said about him, i.e. "...ep40 made a huge stink about a winner..."  as if he made demands in his contract talks about it and threatened to move elsewhere.

100% agreed. Missed the context on that from the OP. 

4 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

This is such an enigma, EP40 and Hughes are my favourite players on the Canucks. 

Pettersson is point per game career player. 

He is and his line are playing against the Oilers 3rd pairing. 

No he isn't.... in the Edmonton games he played against all the Oiler lines... including the McDavid/Draisaitl line in the 3rd game.

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

It was a hot mess when JB was around. Fair comment to make. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, viking mama said:

The NHL’s most senior officials, whom this league claims are the best of the best…are proving that they are more like the worst,…again.

It’s totally a league machination & play-off manipulation. They know the oldest are in fact, the slowest, less likely to see or call penalties & this produces more old-school drama for them to misinterpret. Plus - they definitely have had far more time to grow their big egos, leave humility behind & develop more biases or grudges than their younger counter-parts…biases ready to exploit when seeding them into certain series in the play-offs. 

I’m quite convinced that the NHL’s  power-brokers & Bettman want McDavid to hoist the Cup, as soon as possible - after all of the notoriety they’ve given him as the “best hockey player in the world” & the vast amount of recognition in awards that he’s received for his trophy case. The Canucks will definitely be paddling up-stream as far as these duely appointed officiating crews go…& any more DPS judgements to follow, too. 

I disagree, he wants Florida or Dallas to hoist the cup. Bettman is all about the American franchises, especially in non-traditional markets. I think he prefers Edmonton to move on, because they have a name player that American audiences will recognize but his wet dream is a 7-game Florida-Dallas series with Florida winning it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

I am frustrated with Hronek. $6mil plus player 50pt defencemen but man he has to start to generate some offence. What happened to his 100mph bomb?????? Stop trying to make slap passes that hasn’t converted once this playoff.

like to see petey with hog and podz or hog and karlsson. No more Mikey if you want him to get going.

I'd like to see Petey with Karlsson and Pods, I think those two had success together in Abby. Karlsson's a good passer and playmaker and could pot goals in the A, and Pods is a fantastic retriever with an excellent shot. But that's not a combination we're likely to see until training camp.

1 minute ago, 43isprime said:

Lets take his quotes out of that article, which is dated Aug. 11 2021.

"I want to stay (in Vancouver) now, but I also want to play for a team that's winning and has the chance to go far into the playoffs every year,"

"I feel like we've got a chance to do that next year. If we have that chance when my next deal expires ... I don't know. I just want to play where there's a chance of winning."

"Right now, we're not in an agreement, but I'm not worried that we're not going to solve it eventually," the Swedish sniper said  "Both parties need to be happy in order to find a solution, but I'm not worried about that."

So lets remember, this is Benning/Green era... and the team is losing BADLY.

Still Pettersson says he wants to stay and is optimistic for next year... not worried about it... but hedges a bit... as any young ambitious player would... he doesn't want to stay with a perennial loser... (and he has to be a little concerned with Green's disastrous handling of the team)

So the suggestion that this is blackmail is total cr*p.  First it is not the same GM and second, not the same set of negotiations which led to a signed contract, third, he says he wants to stay, assuming management doesn't do something stupid that leaves the team in the basement for his entire career.

So this is totally bogus to suggest this is him threatening anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

I disagree, he wants Florida or Dallas to hoist the cup. Bettman is all about the American franchises, especially in non-traditional markets. I think he prefers Edmonton to move on, because they have a name player that American audiences will recognize but his wet dream is a 7-game Florida-Dallas series with Florida winning it.

It’s also fair to acknowledge that they were the #2 and #3 teams

in the regular season with impressive stats and largely chosen as favourites even before the playoffs started.

But 100% that would be ideal for Bettman so they can hike a future Houston expansion price too. 

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Lets take his quotes out of that article, which is dated Aug. 11 2021.

"I want to stay (in Vancouver) now, but I also want to play for a team that's winning and has the chance to go far into the playoffs every year,"

"I feel like we've got a chance to do that next year. If we have that chance when my next deal expires ... I don't know. I just want to play where there's a chance of winning."

"Right now, we're not in an agreement, but I'm not worried that we're not going to solve it eventually," the Swedish sniper said  "Both parties need to be happy in order to find a solution, but I'm not worried about that."

So lets remember, this is Benning/Green era... and the team is losing BADLY.

Still Pettersson says he wants to stay and is optimistic for next year... not worried about it... but hedges a bit... as any young ambitious player would... he doesn't want to stay with a perennial loser... (and he has to be a little concerned with Green's disastrous handling of the team)

So the suggestion that this is blackmail is total cr*p.  First it is not the same GM and second, not the same set of negotiations which led to a signed contract, third, he says he wants to stay, assuming management doesn't do something stupid that leaves the team in the basement for his entire career.

So this is totally bogus to suggest this is him threatening anything.

What blackmail?

What blackmail?

This poster:

34 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

Its a complete joke, EP40 wanted to play with a team that could win the cup, well...it starts with EP40 , and even rick says he needs to pick it up and stop being a passenger, of coarse theres others aswell..but ep40 made a huge stink about a winner, but hes been playing in a huge hole and doesnt know how to get out of it

32 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I think this is the case too but it begs the question why we still kept playing Petey instead of resting him when we clinched the division in the regular season.

It's likely the type of injury that will require surgery at the endof the season, but you can grit your teeth and play through it (sports hernia) or something that will need about a month of treatment and rest to recover, but playing on it won't always aggrivate it (strained ligaments, bruised hip or back). Some games he looks like he feels better, others he looks slow and like hes avoiding contact. In games where he gets hit hard, he's pretty much done for the rest of the game. He took a big hit early in Game 3, he played about 15 mins and was awful after that, and he doesn't usually avoid contact.

8 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

It’s also fair to acknowledge that they were the #2 and #3 teams

in the regular season with impressive stats and largely chosen as favourites even before the playoffs started.

But 100% that would be ideal for Bettman so they can hike a future Houston expansion price too. 

Oh, I know how good those teams are, after acquiring Tanev, and with Oettinger's resurgance, Dallas has zero holes. They are so deep, as is Florida.

Each team is adjusting and beating the other team in the next game. Pickard played well and splitting their stars kept us on our heels most of the game consistently. We have to be able to adjust now.

I say re-unite the Lotto line and go head to head against them - try and outscore their top line with extra skill. Lindholm checking line and Blueger back with Joshua and Garland.

Hopefully we see Demko soon to swing the tide, but simply put we have to want it more and the Oilers are beating us in that department which is embarassing.

9 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

This poster:

Its a complete joke, EP40 wanted to play with a team that could win the cup, well...it starts with EP40 , and even rick says he needs to pick it up and stop being a passenger, of coarse theres others aswell..but ep40 made a huge stink about a winner, but hes been playing in a huge hole and doesnt know how to get out of it

That's not an accusation of blackmail.

That's not an accusation of blackmail.

What's ep40 made a huge stink about a winner mean then????

OP exaggerated what Pettersson said to suggest he was trying to gain something by making a 'huge stink'.