[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

1 hour ago, Moeknows said:

Where do all these negative turncoat posters come from after a bad loss? They be like " The only reason we won the last game was we scored more goals then they did" "Boeser didn't block a shot, Hughes only has a point per game, Silovs let a goal in...we suck, fire the coach"

The negativity on HF boards was off the charts. Just pathetic. 

As if beating the Oilers to get to a cushy 3/1 lead in their barn was going to be easy. 

The Canucks played their worst game of the series and Edm played their most balanced and best game. And they still almost fucked it up. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

44 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

point 1: we looked like we were playing tentative, almost afraid to take a penalty from hard play. We allowed them too much space.

( did the league tell the team to knock it off with the rough stuff to allow their 'golden investment' to play HIS game ? ) 

I also have felt/said the same.

If you don't think these decisions that are made have an overall impact on the flow of the game...they do.

They've basically given the Oilers a free pass to do whatever and the Canucks have been addressed. That makes for a bit of an uneven playing field. 

Thing is, my thinking is "do it anyhow". Go at them, hard. But I understand them being tentative as the Oiler's pp is their strong point and why give them that?

I saw tentative too when they came out. Sad that the handcuffs have been put on one team but not the other.

Sure, Kane and Nurse in the box is fine. But that cross check by Kane? By the standards set, THAT should've been open to receive extra attention but won't be due to the wrong call being made on the ice. High stick? No...that was the definition of a cross check. Which is very suspect in how that was called....I do believe there's a strong push to get the Oilers and the NHL's poster boy through. 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

It's just that some of the decisions of late, have seemed a little odd to me, like benching Hoglander because of one or two slightly off games.

That happens to everyone. Am I the only one that notices a few top players down a bit of late. 

I'm not starting a witch hunt here, just trying to figure out why certain things aren't working like they were and I don't want to hear (well the Oilers are such a good team )

Yeah. Hoglander has the same amount of even strength goals as Connor Mcdavid ffs.

Hughs got nailed a few times in the first couple games. I think he's dinged up a bit.

Petey was sick during the Nashville series.

• Upvote 1

not trying to put the cart before the horse, but IF we blow this series, guaranteed the Rutherford and Alvin will be happy about the season.

we weren't even supposed to MAKE the playoffs, let alone making the 2nd round. 

I have WAY too many friends in E-town, and I'd just hate to have to put up with their rubbing it in about their stupid-stars being the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I want to see a fired up hogs in game 6. Hogs and bluegs would do pretty well on the 4th together. Aman/karlsson did fine for one game but prefer to see hogs and another in (why not raty?). 

The way he was fired up for the 8 other playoff games and has 1 assist to show for it?

24 minutes ago, BPA said:

Game 5 lineup

EP Miller Boeser

Joshua Lindholm Garland

Mik Blueger Suter

Hogz Aman Laff

Time to load up and shorten the bench.

That looks a hell of a lot better than Toccs lineup for yesterday's game.

We are the deeper team. We can run the lotto line and still have a bonafide 2nd line center with solid wingers  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Ouch- that coach is very, very down.

Then he should do some coach stuff, imo.  He's had two highly skilled players now suffer a major drop in production under his watch.........one he drove out of town.

He has to stop trying to change players like Petey and Kuz and learn how to use the tools those kinds of players have to make the team better.  If we're seeing one thing in this series, it's that letting highly skilled players play to their strengths is a smart way to do things.

I love sound defensive hockey and appreciate grinding out a win, but the modern NHL is made for the highly skilled. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

not trying to put the cart before the horse, but IF we blow this series, guaranteed the Rutherford and Alvin will be happy about the season.

we weren't even supposed to MAKE the playoffs, let alone making the 2nd round. 

I have WAY too many friends in E-town, and I'd just hate to have to put up with their rubbing it in about their stupid-stars being the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

That's exactly it.  I think majority of us would consider this season a great success even if we didn't make round 3.  I mean, think about it, we lost our Vezina calibre starting goaltender after 1 game these playoffs! 

The problem most of us have is if we lose to the damn Oilers.  I don't speak for everyone, but if we were playing Dallas or the Avs right now, I wouldn't be as upset if we lost this round.  It's just how much Oilers fans and media will gloat if they win this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Petey is struggling, and thats open to valid criticism.  That said he needs a change of scenery on his line, it aint working:

Ah, question is:  Is Mikheyev and Hoglander struggling because of Petey? Or is Petey struggling because of them?  What a conundrum. 

9 hours ago, viking mama said:

Trust me! 

It’s definitely a collective mind-meld of energy thing! Don’t be one of those whiny pouty-doubty naysayers! That’s Trumpian-world kind of fodder.

Believe in them & they will feel it…& rise up! Do they make their own luck or in part receive it! Like when Canada lead the world in Olympic gold medals in Vancouver 2010, as our  nation  collectively believed! If too many of us crab at them & falter in our belief & loyalty…the likelihood that they lose increases….& vice versa. These guys are like family to us. Don’t lose faith that their best efforts will emerge!  

And, why risk it….if I’m right? Believe!

These hippie type statements do not sway my mind one bit.

If this were a thing, I am sure the world would be in a much better place than it is now. And to bring politics in to the conversation. 

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Petey is struggling, and thats open to valid criticism.  That said he needs a change of scenery on his line, it aint working:

I think the obvious move is to get Petey on the wing with Lindholm in the middle.  Give Petey a legit top 6 guy to work with and see what happens from there.  No more excuses then.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I think the obvious move is to get Petey on the wing with Lindholm in the middle.  Give Petey a legit top 6 guy to work with and see what happens from there.  No more excuses then.

Agree with you.  I look at the lines as the best pairs possible:

Miller- Brock

Lindholm - Petey

Garly - Joshua

We have seen Garland-blue-Joshua have great success, dont know why they are not re-united to free up Lindholm to play with EP.  Unless there are some match up (Defensive) reasons im missing.

The post above shows that Petey prodced better away from Mikh...come to think of it every point that Petey has accumulated in the playoffs has probably been away from Mikheyev (dont hold me to that im just going off my ol memory)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Ouch- that coach is very, very down.

I liked how he called him out, but said “we will get him going”

i feel this puts some responsibility on him and the team to pick him up and help him

• Cheers 1