[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So chickenshit he blocked me over being wrong about the division being the Oilers to lose 😂😂😂

His holier than thou attitude can be draining. You know who he reminds me of when I say that?... My fat, angry stepsister... @stawns is that you, Nikki??

• Cheers 2

Just now, Conscience said:

And it was the best 3rd line with bluegar too, not sure why we destroy our 2nd line to marginally upgrade our 3rd.

this is what you do

suter miller boeser

pete lindy podz

josh bluegar garland 

laf aman hogs

so so so much better than what toc had been icing. 

It’s hard to say, EP40 at this point it’s all mental. If we put Pettersson and Lindholm together, makes the team weaker. We all banked on him to do something.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Have the Canucks actually put their best foot forward yet?

They've had strong periods, and strong stretches of play....but I haven't really walked away this post season yet thinking...wow we deserved that win cause we played really well for majority of that game. 

Honestly the Canucks have not brought their A game to any game these playoffs. I chalk it up to inexperience.

The good news is if we can survive this long in the playoffs already without our A game, just imagine what we will be like once we gain experience and Pettey pulls his head out of his ass in the future.

40 minutes ago, Foamys Ghost said:

If I was told at the start of the season that we'd be tied 2-2 in the 2nd round of the playoffs I would have thought it was a huge over achievement.

Mmk... but that's not how things work.

This team is capable of a lot more. Especially against a zero defence and a borderline AHL goalie tonight.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I'm not sure about Hughes or Pettersson in the playoffs style hockey. Hughes isn't playing like he did in the regular season and it seems to have changed since the first round when he was getting hit by Nashville. It seems like Hughes' size is a potential issue in playoff hockey with lots of hitting. Pettersson seems too light to handle playoff hits and forechecking. He's losing puck battles and falling over when hit. I'm not sure how he can change that due to his slighter body type.

After the Canucks scored the 2-2 goal it seems like they were too in their heads thinking they'd go into OT. It started with Zadorov not going hard and fast to the Oiler's players and next thing the puck was passed to Bouchard.

• Like 1

Just now, Trebreh said:

Hog and Podz needs to play 😒

No.

I think the one weakness is starting to show....shit wingers. They have 1 top six winger. 

An extra winger would have been ideal but obviously not easy.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

His holier than thou attitude can be draining. You know who he reminds me of when I say that?... My fat, angry stepsister... @stawns is that you, Nikki??

If you’re gonna be that adamant the Oilers are running away with the division don’t be a massive pussy getting called on it. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Win2024 said:

Tocchet post game- "Some guys I don't even know if they know it's the playoffs"

It's clear the reffing and media attention on the crosscheck has made this team timid. 

You could tell no one wanted to hit anyone for fear of being punished.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Aquaman said:

It’s hard to say, EP40 at this point it’s all mental. If we put Pettersson and Lindholm together, makes the team weaker. We all banked on him to do something.

How does it make it weaker? 

Just now, The Aquaman said:

Seriously though, who does he get to play with?  Hockey is a team game and you're only as good as the guys around you.  He's got to find his way through this, but the management and coaching staff haven't exactly put him in the best spot to succeed

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Honestly the Canucks have not brought their A game to any game these playoffs. I chalk it up to inexperience.

The good news is if we can survive this long in the playoffs already without our A game, just imagine what we will be like once we gain experience and Pettey pulls his head out of his ass in the future.

Honestly if we were playing the Stars or the Avs, I'd be happy with how far we've come in 1 year.  The problem is losing this series to these loser Oilers and their stupid fans would suck.

• Like 1