[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

3 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

Petey gonna get ridicule so bad in the off-season and it sucks but it's gonna happen if nothing changes 

Best thing Pettey  can do in the off season is to just fully commit. Stay in Vancouver and train instead of going back to Sweden. He needs to show the fanbase his commitment after these playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's shocking how much Petey has fallen since signing his new contract... Hopefully he gets it together next game.

I'm calling a hat trick for him on Thursday, my son's birthday.

Sending good mojo. We can still close this series.

Fuck Edm

• Like 1

Soft. Soft. Soft. Soft. Soft.

SOFT

Very very soft. Not compete hard enough for loose pucks. Losing nearly every wall battle. And the only times they hit (like 3 times total) it led to turnovers as it has all series, yet they didn't want to.

Just not good enough 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Seriously though, who does he get to play with?  Hockey is a team game and you're only as good as the guys around you.  He's got to find his way through this, but the management and coaching staff haven't exactly put him in the best spot to succeed

Who do you put with him though? 

Can’t be Joshua or Lindholm or Garland, that line is important. 

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

I don’t know what it is about Bouchard man. I just can’t handle his face. I blacked out during his presser. 

He's got a derpy face for sure

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Honestly the Canucks have not brought their A game to any game these playoffs. I chalk it up to inexperience.

The good news is if we can survive this long in the playoffs already without our A game, just imagine what we will be like once we gain experience and Pettey pulls his head out of his ass in the future.

Maybe we have seen our A game. We’ve been sucking since post All Star break. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I don’t know what it is about Bouchard man. I just can’t handle his face. I blacked out during his presser. 

He looks like a rip off of John Tavares.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Conscience said:

How does it make it weaker? 

So you want to load up the first two lines, and what if he still stinks? If we are stacking the top two lines, for the rest of the playoffs, we are definitely going home. It’s not the way we are built.

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I can’t remember, is it 5 or 6 goals against this series he’s been unlucky on? If you got to be good to be lucky what does it take to be unlucky?

To be technical, he's scored two on our own net and assisted on 4 others!    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Honestly if we were playing the Stars or the Avs, I'd be happy with how far we've come in 1 year.  The problem is losing this series to these loser Oilers and their stupid fans would suck.

It will suck so bad but tbh I expected us to lose this series to begin with and my expectation was to get this to at least six games so I am perfectly contend here.

Good news is, Dal is gonna make quick work of the Oilers should we fail. Those fans ain't gonna smile for long.

That said, this team is very capable of beating the Oilers twice in 3 games. The oilers essentially won 2 ot games and those are pure coin flips.

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I'm not sure about Hughes or Pettersson in the playoffs style hockey. Hughes isn't playing like he did in the regular season and it seems to have changed since the first round when he was getting hit by Nashville. It seems like Hughes' size is a potential issue in playoff hockey with lots of hitting. Pettersson seems too light to handle playoff hits and forechecking. He's losing puck battles and falling over when hit. I'm not sure how he can change that due to his slighter body type.

After the Canucks scored the 2-2 goal it seems like they were too in their heads thinking they'd go into OT. It started with Zadorov not going hard and fast to the Oiler's players and next thing the puck was passed to Bouchard.

Hughes will figure it out, im way less worried about him

i think its pretty clear weve gotta load up 2 lines and hope that blueger can still be effective with joshua and garland

suter-miller-boeser

petey-lindholm-hoglander

garland-blueger-joshua

lafferty-aman-mikheyev

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Disagree, he was excellent this game considering his linemates.

Tocchet needs to get his head out of his ass and put some players with Pettersson who he can pass with.

This is Tocchet's series to lose... for a coach to try to blame one player for a failure of his system is complete horseshit.

lol wtf? 

Firstly we're 2-2 in the series, in round 2, what failure of system? You can do better? 

Secondly, we're in this spot because of Miller and Garland's line performing. In a tight series 2 of your lines are already performing and Pettersson's line has been completely invisible and ineffective in the playoffs. Is it too much to ask for Pettersson to contribute a bit and be a little bit of a threat out there for someone centering our 2nd/3rd line (whatever you want to call it), eating 15-20 minutse a game, about to be paid top 5 in the league next season and taking away 13% of the cap hit? 

Or you can be a Pettersson homer and give him a pass while he collects his paycheck. 

• Cheers 1

With 100% contributions from everyone we own this team everyday of the week. 

With this part timer effort in that some games some guys arent even punched into 

the clock to work... not really they are just.. "there". Part timers.

We have too many part timers so we cant get a consistant effort going. Even when 

we win its still close because 3-6 guys are just... "there". 

I dont get it, we listen to the talk all season long now the playoffs are here and its like...

just a regular day for some guys just like a walk to work..... no elevation of play just another

day in the daisy fields holding hands and swinging and singing la de f.king da.

• Cheers 1

Sat and Bik finally acknowledging Pettersson isn't providing enough. They flat out refused to say it, with Bik even going so far at one point to say an argument could be made for 13m AAV for Pettersson. Just comical.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump said:

Honestly though. We lost that game fair and square. It wasn't the refs. Our team didn't play until the 3rd period. And even then only our 3rd line showed up. Garland, Boeser and Silovs were great, every one else acted like it was a regular season game. I hope we shownup to the next one.

trump-correct.gif

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Miller and Boeser refusing to block a shot at the end of the game.

Gotta fuckin try there. So infuriating.

Miller seemed to agree. He was pissed at himself after the game.

• ThereItIs 1

Best of 3. We have home ice advantage. Soucy will be back. Demko will be back right after. Take it on the chin and come back stronger on Thursday. 

Good night y'all.

• Upvote 2