[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

No, it doesn't. The Sedins at least could establish zone time. This powerplay literally can't even get setup. The Sedins were never nearly this bad.

The oilers deserve credit too........LA has one of the best pp's in the league and the Oilers completely shut them down in very much the same way

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

what has disappointed me is his back check.  Seems like when a play goes the other way, rather than stop put your head down and try to force a turnover he just stops skating…..often.  maybe he really is gassed but if that’s the case-not good.

Yes just said the same to HKSR...

If you are in funk scoring wise (it happens), at least hit, and defend as if your life depended on it... He just almost coasts... very disappointing..

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, VanOriginal said:

Let the Oilers enjoy this win, it will be there last. I fully expect the Canucks to take that moment from the 3rd in to the next game and come out playing fast, hitting hard. Petey will wake these next two games. Good practice for him to get ready for Dallas

Pickard isn't good, he wasn't tested that much until the 3rd.

The Canucks have the better goaltending and will finish this off in 6 just as I had predicted. Let it be said Let it be done! 

Exactly this. Pickard hasn't been tested at all. We need to get better chances. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Our PP killed us, This game was ours for the taking. 

It really was what killed us. Could have opened the scoring. It just seems this group struggles to know the importance of taking advantage of mistakes. They seem to have the mindset that if we don’t score here we will get more chances. Urgency is a big thing they lack on the pp.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

No, it doesn't. The Sedins at least could establish zone time. This powerplay literally can't even get setup. The Sedins were never nearly this bad.

This is what I am saying, they are trying to play like the Sedins but does not have the skills or the chemistry to play like the Sedins leading to no zone time. Aka, they are overpassing and trying to be too cute to create open nets to essentially tap one in.

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not the full one yet

The chyron says it all.

First road loss of the playoffs. 

Bounce back and win next game. 

Nux will wrap this up in 6. 

Screenshot_20240421-204923~2.png

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The oilers deserve credit too........LA has one of the best pp's in the league and the Oilers completely shut them down in very much the same way

Our PP has been crap for the last two seasons, let’s be honest.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

This pp screams Sedins. They should be kicked off of the coaching staff outside of skills. This type of pp only works for them that makes miracle passes out of nowhere all the time.

a Sedin PP would be more aggressive on the down low tho. this PP just use the 2mins to practice passing to each other.

when we pull the goaltender we're more direct with our attack, but when on the PP we're trying to be the harlem globetrotters. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

who cares about how we're built, the petey line is competely ineffective right now. it simply doesnt exist. it has no effect on the game 5 on 5. 

theres 0 harm losing that "line" and juicing up another. 

put petey with lindholm and hoglander. theres enough skill there. 

Moving players onto Peteys line won't make a difference because Petey is still on that line. Petey is the problem with Petey. Plain and simple. Period.

• Thanks 1

Just now, spook007 said:

Yes just said the same to HKSR...

If you are in funk scoring wise (it happens), at least hit, and defend as if your life depended on it... He just almost coasts... very disappointing..

Or drops his shoulders and skates slowly back to the bench. He just has a very immature way of handling adversity. Maybe he will grow out of it but he also has to get bigger/stronger physically somehow. Not sure if he can.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

The chyron says it all.

First road loss of the playoffs. 

Bounce back and win next game. 

Nux will wrap this up in 6. 

Screenshot_20240421-204923~2.png

If they continue their current strategy, I agree, it'll be over in 6

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

i think lind with petey is worth another shot personally.

im kinda worried he will mess with boeser and millers mojo, dont wanna mess with that line for a whole game. 

I'm not sure we can afford to risk that in a best out of three series now.    When they gave a way a 1st, a 3rd or 4th, two defensive prospects (one of them highly promising) and a 40 Goal Scorer that was one of the few linemates that actually "clicked" with Petty for Lind-🏠 on an expiring "rental" contract, it was solely done to secure someone to play with him that would be a "yes man" to Tock-it - which Kuz was not, but after several attempts in various games, it was obvious they are fire & water together.   Meaning Petty has been "off the grid" exactly since this trade at All-Star break and it's NOT coincidence.     

As a result, i think we'll have to wait to see who JR/PA try to find to compliment Petty once Lind-🏠 is gone in a few weeks and they free up his money.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

2 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Our PP has been crap for the last two seasons, let’s be honest.

Agree. The Kings in the past have shown that you don't need an elite powerplay to win the cup, but it sure does help. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

This is what I am saying, they are trying to play like the Sedins but does not have the skills or the chemistry to play like the Sedins leading to no zone time. Aka, they are overpassing and trying to be too cute to create open nets to essentially tap one in.

The Sedins worked down and around the net. This powerplay is just Miller and Hughes playing pass before hitting a shin. Not to mention the zone entry is so lazy. Hughes is supposed to be a magician, but tonight he looked like he just didn't care. Miller fumbled multiple passes on the entry, the 2nd unit rolls out and they get setup and get our only shot. Miller was off tonight, Hughes I think is playing scared or something.