[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

Canucks worse game this series.   Good thing is they bounce back after such.  Looking forward to a barn burner in VAN!!!

P.s scratch Mik for Hoagie 

I think Hogs nuts are sore from getting speared in Game 2, according to what I saw, he was an injury scratch.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Moving players onto Peteys line won't make a difference because Petey is still on that line. Petey is the problem with Petey. Plain and simple. Period.

Petey has been brutal this playoffs but also… 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

coulda buried the oilers in the 1st especially with 3 pp.. but they decided to no show lol.. best of 3 with home ice advantage where we have a losing record.. but doesn't matter we ain't gonna win this series if we continue to barely put any shots on net and expect high PDO to win the game

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

It’s fucking Skinner and Picard a journeyman. 

SHOOT the puck man. 18 shots per game our average so far these playoffs is a major concern. 

And really, most of their shots have come in short, comeback bursts.  They haven't been able to generate a steady stream of shots of more than 3 or 4 per period outside of those little pushes they make once a game 

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I am a Petey fan, but he has not been good enough. Period. I mean, his line-mates have certainly not helped, but considering he makes the most money on the team, he NEEDS to step up. No excuses. No more coddling. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Honestly this team is clearly still learning.  The champs always have that killer instinct and finish teams off when they're down.  This Canucks team will learn they can't walk into a game like this one where the opposition has their backs against the wall and expect to play without urgency.  I just really don't want to lose to the Oilers of all teams.  It's almost as bad as losing to the Leafs.  

• Cheers 1

Annoying to the SportsNet 650 announcers saying we would have been happy to be tied 2-2 in the series beforehand. That's just stupid logic - we should be happy with it? We actually could have been up 3-1 and yes won 4-1 and instead played a subpar game. To say it's fine because now we play 2 out of the 3 is missing the point - we could have won that game if we just played 60 minutes instead of just 14 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

@Petey4Hart
Follow

I present to you Elias Pettersson’s playoff wingers

9:19 PM · May 14, 2024

Read 61 replies

Yup, hard to be a star if you're trying to carry your entire line. Petey's injury is probably a sore back from carrying those 4 guys. 

As for disappointment, I think I'm much more confident of Nux win in game 5 this series than SCF game 5 in 2011. 

Nux could have won both games in Edmonton, but got a split. 

This is not going to be easy but I think Nux can get it done. 

Enjoy the rollercoaster ride. 

Got nervous and went to bed early on the east coast trying to fix my jet lag. Now I'm up again all night.   The playoff experience. 

This beats waiting for a lottery pick like last year, or the yr before etc. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Yeah, but Petey has been brutal since the All Star break despite playing with

Hogz

Lindholm

Mik

Podz

Lafferty

Garland

Karlsson

Boeser

So we can't keep blaming the wingers. 

Edited by JayDangles
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Believe In Blue said:

I am a Petey fan, but he has not been good enough. Period. I mean, his line-mates have certainly not helped, but considering he makes the most money on the team, he NEEDS to step up. No excuses. No more coddling. 

It's a team game.......even McD needs the right linemates to be an impact player.

3 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

I think Hogs nuts are sore from getting speared in Game 2, according to what I saw, he was an injury scratch.

...don't you mean he was "scratching that injury"?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Kane will be Kane........and I think Zadorov played like he was told by the league that he was under watch.

Yes he seemed like he was holding back. Hope he gets back to his game for Thursday night! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I do like @PhillipBluntidea of getting Podz in.  Aman has injected some energy, and I’d be very interested in seeing Hoagie/Podz on Petey’s wing can bring it too.  Being at home Tocc protect them a bit too.

Aman Bleugs Lafferty or Karlsson in the 4th line

I had this idea too, but more like this:

Line 1: Boeser - Miller -  Pettersson
Line 2: Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Line 3: Suter - Blueger - Mikheyev
Line 4: Hoglander - Karlsson - Aman

Pettersson needs to play with top players, similar to how Draisaitl + McDavid together generates such dangerous offense, we need the lotto line back.

And let's be real, at this point, Joshua/Lindholm/Garland is our 2nd line with how they've been playing.

Edited by Canuck-Man
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Or drops his shoulders and skates slowly back to the bench. He just has a very immature way of handling adversity. Maybe he will grow out of it but he also has to get bigger/stronger physically somehow. Not sure if he can.

It was Mika I was referring to... I think Petey at least defends and plays hockey in both ends... 

I would love Petey to get bigger and stronger, but either way he has to find a way to influence the games more, or it'll be good night Vienna...

4 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Our PP has been crap for the last two seasons, let’s be honest.

Ten seasons.

Inflated numbers in a few games a year *feasting* on a few teams (going like 16/23 against Nashville in particular or something one year) but for the most part, it's pretty terrible.

Stationary passing, very little movement. When it IS a goal, there's skating. Look at the Oiler powerplay - they have a triggerman who hits the net most of the time, and even he moves around - a little forward, a little back, a little side to side. Always making the D-man move around.

Canuck powerplay has been guys anchored like oak trees passing it about for like a decade. Drop pass neutral zone, left side zone entry with zero speed... dump it in the corner weak with no chase from the right side. And out it comes.

Or, in zone, pass along the outside... along the outside... along the outside... d to d (not actually a D) oh wait the PK is on a SH break now because they stepped up.

Then they have one where everybody is moving, into and out of the slot, sowing chaos and the D gets caught looking... and then somebody scores. But it's like they forget that worked and go back to being trees the next game, it's absolutely bizzarre.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Honestly this team is clearly still learning.  The champs always have that killer instinct and finish teams off when they're down.  This Canucks team will learn they can't walk into a game like this one where the opposition has their backs against the wall and expect to play without urgency.  I just really don't want to lose to the Oilers of all teams.  It's almost as bad as losing to the Leafs.  

I get the sentiment.  But they didn't blew their chance in game 4 in Nashville. 

Sometimes things don't go your way, even when you have the best intentions and preparation.  Juuls coming in cold and makes a big mistake on the final min of second.  The margin of victory is only one goal this series. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

@Petey4Hart
Follow

I present to you Elias Pettersson’s playoff wingers

9:19 PM · May 14, 2024

Read 61 replies

Yup, hard to be a star if you're trying to carry your entire line. Petey's injury is probably a sore back from carrying those 4 guys. 

The issue I have is that he hasn’t really carried anything. He looks just as plain or worse than some of his linemates at times. I mean Mik has had way more scoring chances than him in this series.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

All in all, I am honestly not that sad or mad, If this was the 2011 team the expectations were different and I would have felt more emotional. Listen, We're in rnd 2, series tied , Stanley cup p/o, winning with our 3rd stringer and have home ice adv!

Get some good sleep , Nucks have yet to play the way we know they can..been counted out all yr just to prove people wrong, so Why doubt now!?! 

• Cheers 2