[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

As for disappointment, I think I'm much more confident of Nux win in game 5 this series than SCF game 5 in 2011. 

Nux could have won both games in Edmonton, but got a split. 

This is not going to be easy but I think Nux can get it done. 

Enjoy the rollercoaster ride. 

Got nervous and went to bed early on the east coast trying to fix my jet lag. Now I'm up again all night.   The playoff experience. 

This beats waiting for a lottery pick like last year, or the yr before etc. 

C,mon Tommy; Pettersson sucked too. Was a team of poor play!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

As for disappointment, I think I'm much more confident of Nux win in game 5 this series than SCF game 5 in 2011. 

Got nervous and went to bed early on the east coast trying to fix my jet lag. Now I'm up again all night.   The playoff experience. 

I honestly wonder how people can watch the last three games and say anything other than the Canucks gave been completely dominated and are only tied thanks to arty.

I mean, cmon, they're averaging slightly over 6 shots a period and that's only because they pour it in for 3-4 mins once a game.  They probably had as many, or more, shots in that 8 mins than they had all game.

One player is the reason this series isn't over. 

• Vintage 3

Just now, JayDangles said:

Yeah, but Petey has been brutal since the All Star break despite playing with

Hogz

Lindholm

Mik

Podz

Lafferty

Garland

Lafferty

Boeser

So we can't keep blaming the wingers. 

Sure doesn’t help. It’s actually a mix of all that. Literally had a shift with Aman and Lafferty tonight, who tf is scoring. He’s been paired with Mikheyev the entire series. No one can create offence with that dude. Not necessarily defending Petey cause he hasn’t been good enough, but to say the wingers don’t matter? They do 

That said I thought Pete was decent tonight, gets more shit then usual cause we lost 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Believe In Blue said:

I am a Petey fan, but he has not been good enough. Period. I mean, his line-mates have certainly not helped, but considering he makes the most money on the team, he NEEDS to step up. No excuses. No more coddling. 

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Yeah, but Petey has been brutal since the All Star break despite playing with

Hogz

Lindholm

Mik

Podz

Lafferty

Garland

Lafferty

Boeser

So we can't keep blaming the wingers. 

It’s definitely on Petey to drive that line and get it going but the fact that no one can is BRUTAL. would be nice if Miky or Laff or hogs could pull some weight. At least 4 of our top 6 guys aren’t pulling their weight. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

I honestly wonder how people can watch the last three games and say anything other than the Canucks gave been completely dominated and are only tied thanks to arty.

I mean, cmon, they're averaging slightly over 6 shots a period and that's only because they pour it in for 3-4 mins once a game.  They probably had as many, or more, shots in that 8 mins than they had all game.

Exactly. They really haven’t played amazing. We are still waiting for their A game to show up this playoffs.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

Ten seasons.

Inflated numbers in a few games a year *feasting* on a few teams (going like 16/23 against Nashville in particular or something one year) but for the most part, it's pretty terrible.

Stationary passing, very little movement. When it IS a goal, there's skating. Look at the Oiler powerplay - they have a triggerman who hits the net most of the time, and even he moves around - a little forward, a little back, a little side to side. Always making the D-man move around.

Canuck powerplay has been guys anchored like oak trees passing it about for like a decade. Drop pass neutral zone, left side zone entry with zero speed... dump it in the corner weak with no chase from the right side. And out it comes.

Or, in zone, pass along the outside... along the outside... along the outside... d to d (not actually a D) oh wait the PK is on a SH break now because they stepped up.

Then they have one where everybody is moving, into and out of the slot, sowing chaos and the D gets caught looking... and then somebody scores. But it's like they forget that worked and go back to being trees the next game, it's absolutely bizzarre.

Dang brother/sister, I actually read your essay, I was about to quit. 

I’ve over analyzed our PP, and my simple answer is SHOOT.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck-Man said:

I had this idea too, but more like this:

Line 1: Boeser - Miller -  Pettersson
Line 2: Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Line 3: Suter - Blueger - Mikheyev
Line 4: Hoglander - Karlsson - Aman

Pettersson needs to play with top players, similar to how Draisaitl + McDavid together generates such dangerous offense, we need the lotto line back.

And let's be real, at this point, Joshua/Lindholm/Garland is our 2nd line with how they've been playing.

I like the first 2 lines, but would likely put Mik on 4th line.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Annoying to the SportsNet 650 announcers saying we would have been happy to be tied 2-2 in the series beforehand. That's just stupid logic - we should be happy with it? We actually could have been up 3-1 and yes won 4-1 and instead played a subpar game. To say it's fine because now we play 2 out of the 3 is missing the point - we could have won that game if we just played 60 minutes instead of just 14 minutes.

They are just trying to justify their predictions prior to 1st puck was dropped... Canucks has far more heart and ability that they seemed to think, when they all wanted to ride McD's Dick...

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Miller taking responsibility for his shortcomings.

At least someone is. Stupid how we wait until The game is almost over to make a push. Silovs played great too im sure everyone knows they let him down.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

weve been getting lucky in more games than not. 

looks like pickard can stop a shot, unlike skinner.

silovs has also been playing lights out, im not confident we're gonna be getting bubble silovs for another 180 minutes straight

we need to start dominating some games or its over. 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Sure doesn’t help. It’s actually a mix of all that. Literally had a shift with Aman and Lafferty tonight, who tf is scoring. He’s been paired with Mikheyev the entire series. No one can create offence with that dude. Not necessarily defending Petey cause he hasn’t been good enough, but to say the wingers don’t matter? They do 

That said I thought Pete was decent tonight, gets more shit then usual cause we lost 

We need better than decent from someone that is supposed to be our superstar. He is nowhere near the level he was the first 3/4 of the season, he is hurting this team at this time. Everyone has a role, he is not fulfilling his.

21 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Zero forecheck, zero hitting far from great at anything 

Knows how to get in passing lanes, keep the puck away from the opposition, generally defensively responsible. Not all fourth liners are built the same. But the salary nullifies his usefulness anyway. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't see it that way. Shots from non high danger areas is not dominating. 

Silovs isn't stealing games like VGK series in the bubble Demko games.  The team D is holding them in. Tocchet already said it publicly he doesn't apologize for the way they play. They don't intend to track meet with Oils.  It is by design.  Not unlike the Preds series and Nux prevailed.  That's the way they intend to play.  And they might just pull it off this round again.   

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

We need better than decent from someone that is supposed to be our superstar. He is nowhere near the level he was the first 3/4 of the season, he is hurting this team at this time. Everyone has a role, he is not fulfilling his.

Funny thing is he was also pretty bad for that 3/4 of the season outside of maybe January.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... triggered. Up your game. 

I don't care for wet blankets. But the bigger annoyance is that some wet blankets are always wet here and never dry up. They grow moldy and stinky. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Have some faith, brother. We can beat these guys. We're the better team. Oilers were desperate in their barn. We almost got it done. We're bringing it home. 

Lol right….most people forget it’s a series for a reason.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Dang brother/sister, I actually read your essay, I was about to quit. 

I’ve over analyzed our PP, and my simple answer is SHOOT.

Hah. Writing helps me dispel some anger and disappointment. I've written a LOT of words in the last decade.

Some of them were even for university. So in a way, I can thank Jim Benning in some way for my degree.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Then maybe they should actually try and get him going instead of playing with Aman, Lafferyy and Mikheyev. Here Petey we’ve see you sucked for a couple months but we don’t wanna change things so take a shift with Aman 

• Cheers 4

Canucks haven't found their highest gear yet solely because Elias Pettersson is having a crisis of faith in himself.

Thought that powerplay goal would get him going.

We've seen Sidney Crosby take Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis and make them superstar complementary scorers. McDavid took a 50 point Zach Hyman and made hima  50 goal scorer. Elite players will find ways to elevate the players around them...Pettersson is failing to do that at the moment. Yes the deployment of his wingers has been mystifying but if you pay him to be a top player on this team...he needs to start pulling his weight. He hasn't.

The only reason Nashville stuck around 6 games and that Edmonton hasn't been buried in 4 is Petterson's absence. Not sure what else to do for him. He has been forced fed the lotto line and actually has dragged Miller and Boeser's game down. Hoglander and Garland were going but Petey couldn't sustain it. He has been the biggest disappointment this playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1