[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I hear what youre saying.  Problem is Miller’s line is playing very demanding mins and is Petey good for that challenge?  

And I do believe even Miller/Boeser could use some speed/someone to help dig for the puck on their line.  Miller is great when doesnt have to be going 100% all the time.

Wild idea, but hear me out:

Bleugs Miller Boeser

Josh Lindy Garland

Hoagie Petey Podz

Aman Suter Lafferty

or

Bleugs Miller Boeser

Josh Lindy Garland

Suter Petey Hoagie

Podz Aman Lafferty

That 4th line could get shredded but if Aman can play solid 4th line C mins I wonder…

Bleugs/Miller can switch off on C depending on the flow of play etc.  Maybe capture something he had w Garland/Joshua for this series at least.

Honestly, worth trying, to generate something.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

what has disappointed me is his back check.  Seems like when a play goes the other way, rather than stop put your head down and try to force a turnover he just stops skating…..often.  maybe he really is gassed but if that’s the case-not good.

What I see is that when he misses, he looks dejected and gives up,

I would rather see him get angry and say to himself I am going to get that one back by showing determination to go get the puck,

Garland isn't a big guy, but he wants the puck and goes after it with determination, (while being paid 1/2)

It isn't his Size or money or mates holding EP back, it is himself

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Pete signing looking like alvins biggest mistake rn, signed him during his huge slump too, would've traded him or waited.

imagine pete trying to ask for anything more than miller after these playoffs, he'd be laughed out of the room. 

Stated the same many times

1 minute ago, Ballisticsports said:

What I see is that when he misses, he looks dejected and gives up,

I would rather see him get angry and say to himself I am going to get that one back by showing determination to go get the puck,

Garland isn't a big guy, but he wants the puck and goes after it with determination, (while being paid 1/2)

It isn't his Size or money or mates holding EP back, it is himself

Exactly it is all between his ears right now barring an actual significant injury he is playing though.

If he isn't already, Petey need to go see Mackinon's sport psychologist.

Just now, Devron said:

So life is a straight line of perfection. Love to live in that world 

Even his coach has called him out, not to mention most people see there is something wrong, I'd love to see him get his shit together  but right now he is a failure.

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

He'll come out of this even better. That's how it works 

Yup just as in life. Human beings being human beings. I know I’ve had my struggles in life. Theres ups and downs. Mistakes and learning. Everything has made me a better man 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Hronek, pete, mik are the obvious 3. 

Totally agree - Really need to get these three going - cuz eventually if they don't, the Oil will key in and stop our JT and Garland lines and it will be series over. 

Is it confidence thing, or injury - can't figure it since it has a reasonable sample size of games plus playoff and not just a one off.  I am glad they are at least playing some good D but still need some points here and there (0 for Mik in 10 playoff games)

I am not sure how the players in ABBY were doing and can only look at stats -  Guess, they will need to discuss some options with Colliton down the road.

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Deep down i always thought he was too small and weak and just seeing how often he ends up on his butt just reaffirms those suspicions. Not all first round draft picks work out. I truly hope im wrong, only time will tell.

He was fine during the bubble playoffs and that was never an issue. Sure no fans in the building but still physical playoff hockey. 

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

After months of Tock-it calling out Petterson and now seeing how he has shriveled up and vanished in the playoffs in true sweedish fashion, I would not be surprised if JR/PA trade him before his Mega-Contract kicks in and becomes yet another in the long list of Swedes who "can't take us to the finish line" - with this franchise.  

Ahhh... now we know where you are coming from....  its all on the Swedes.

So, Naslund, Sedin Twins, Ohlund, Granlund, all those 'soft' Swedes... they are to blame for everything.

Better take them down from the rafters and the wall of fame I guess.  🤨

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Deep down i always thought he was too small and weak and just seeing how often he ends up on his butt just reaffirms those suspicions. Not all first round draft picks work out. I truly hope im wrong, only time will tell.

You are very accurate in your assesment of EP.    That is exactly my thoughts.     I've been on this earth and followed this team long enough to know better than to put all my money on EP40!   I Still can't believe that JR/PA gave him a contract with McDavid & MacKinnon $'s.     Go figure????  

On the good side, at least JR/PA din't make the mistake of making him Captain.    Kudos for that!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Yup just as in life. Human beings being human beings. I know I’ve had my struggles in life. Theres ups and downs. Mistakes and learning. Everything has made me a better man 

Exactly, brother! He's in the middle of the swamp. Just need to keep going to get to the other side. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

He's had pucks bounce off of him and in.  The one off of his stick and in people would have been pissed if he didn't try to intercept the pass coming through the crease.  That shit happens.  I'm not saying he's been great, but he hasn't been as bad as people make him out to be.  I think he's gone because of his $3M/yr cost, but he's been overall average to good this past year, not to mention a physical presence which this fanbase bagged for over the many years.

Just stop...

Physical presence,  i lol'd literally. 

We may have begged for it, but we didn't get it with Cole. 

The penalty on Miller with the high stick would not have happened if Cole didn't take 3 tries to clear the zone...in which he failed to do all 3x.

The fact that ur arguing for Cole is crazy. It's like you are not even watching the game. Maybe you have siriusxm lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly, brother! He's in the middle of the swamp. Just need to keep going to get to the other side. 

Yup Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom to grow again. 

• Like 1