[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

8 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

What I see is that when he misses, he looks dejected and gives up,

I would rather see him get angry and say to himself I am going to get that one back by showing determination to go get the puck,

Garland isn't a big guy, but he wants the puck and goes after it with determination, (while being paid 1/2)

It isn't his Size or money or mates holding EP back, it is himself

Garland is playing with better players than Pettersson.

He is playing with Lindholm and Joshua.

Pettersson is playing with 'hands of stone' Mikheyev and Rookie Karlsson.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He was fine during the bubble playoffs and that was never an issue. Sure no fans in the building but still physical playoff hockey. 

Something is different, if its mental and hes scared then hes done, if its physical and hes hurt then hopefully he can recover but he's no bubble Petey now.

Cole comes out when Soucy returns. 

Hughes - Myers 

Zadorov - Hronek

Soucy - Juulsen

Even though he’s a Stanley Cup winner, he’s extremely unpredictable and detrimental to the team in these playoffs. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He was fine during the bubble playoffs and that was never an issue. Sure no fans in the building but still physical playoff hockey. 

He has been looking off throughout the season. Part of it is definitely mental but I also suspect he is not used to the extra bulk he build up last off season.

Maybe he needs to forget about size and go back to being like Hughes, be quick and nimble. That was what got him success to begin with.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Hughes - Myers 

Zadorov - Hronek

Soucy - Juulsen

Even though he’s a Stanley Cup winner, he’s extremely unpredictable and detrimental to the team in these playoffs. 

Yeah Cole needs to sit if nothing else to ensure he doesn't score on ourselves again.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yup Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom to grow again. 

Hitting rock bottom just before a playoff run and just after getting one of the top contracts in the league is not a good look.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Even his coach has called him out, not to mention most people see there is something wrong, I'd love to see him get his shit together  but right now he is a failure.

I’ve had to fail lots before I succeed at anything. I think that’s how it works. 

• Cheers 1

The talk about petey is honestly ridiculous. Yeah hes obviously not playing well but talking about trading him or signing him being a mistake is kinda embarrassing. Is this how we should act when our stars are struggling? Trade them and call them trash?? You guys realize hes insanely talented right? We get it, he needs to play wayy better but have a little respect for our players smh

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hughes - Myers 

Zadorov - Hronek

Soucy - Juulsen

I want this line uo

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I’ve had to fail lots before I succeed at anything. I think that’s how it works. 

You're lucky you succeeded then, I didn't fail that often and when I did I bounced back immediately.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Hitting rock bottom just before a playoff run and just after getting one of the top contracts in the league is not a good look.

Happens to the best of us. Usually teams have to face many years of playoffs. Failures, heartbreaks before the win it all. Still could be a special year for us though 

19 minutes ago, Devron said:

Petey is basically playing third line center with plugs. Wingers that might actually belong on a 4th line. That and a struggling PP. isn’t a strong recipe for offence. Meanwhile Lindholm is playing with 2 stud wingers. I think it’s time to put Pete on the wing with real line mates 

Has Petey won a 1v1 battle against anyone yet this playoffs?

When he comes in with the puck, it used to be a given he comes with speed and dekes the first guy and creates a mismatch/odd man situation. 

Now all we see him do is slow down at the blue line and chip the puck off the boards and into the corner for his winger to retrieve.

What happened to the guy that used to create space for himself by getting by the first guy? I don't remember the last time he got by an opposition with the puck on his stick. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

That is how it works. Failure is what leads to success, and even greater success. Trust in that. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

The talk about petey is honestly ridiculous. Yeah hes obviously not playing well but talking about trading him or signing him being a mistake is kinda embarrassing. Is this how we should act when our stars are struggling? Trade them and call them trash?? You guys realize hes insanely talented right? We get it, he needs to play wayy better but have a little respect for our players smh

What should we do? Ride him into the ground? Ultimately it's on him, he needs to get his shit together, the option is another disappointing decade if we hang our hat on him an he flops.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Has Petey won a 1v1 battle against anyone yet this playoffs?

When he comes in with the puck, it used to be a given he comes with speed and dekes the first guy and creates a mismatch/odd man situation. 

Now all we see him do is slow down at the blue line and chip the puck off the boards and into the corner for his winger to retrieve.

What happened to the guy that used to create space for himself by getting by the first guy? I don't remember the last time he got by an opposition with the puck on his stick. 

Hes been struggling. I think we all know that

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Not perfect, just determined.

I’m one of the most determined people I know but I know that I’ve failed and made mistakes. I keep going always. 

13 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Podz

Aman-Blueger-PDG

Mikheyev and Lafferty need to sit

I agree Podkolzin should come in, but Tocchet doesn't seem to be overly enamored with the Lotto line. And I don't think Pettersson so far has added much value to that line over Suter.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Just stop...

Physical presence,  i lol'd literally. 

We may have begged for it, but we didn't get it with Cole. 

The penalty on Miller with the high stick would not have happened if Cole didn't take 3 tries to clear the zone...in which he failed to do all 3x.

The fact that ur arguing for Cole is crazy. It's like you are not even watching the game. Maybe you have siriusxm lol

Gotta admit that Cole has kind of been the Canucks’ Achillies heel.

Oilers are banking shots off of him, like he’s the back-board of a basketball hoop, & he’s been the least effective D-man at moving out the puck.

But - that’s all the more reason to send some extra good vibes his way, because if he’s in the line-up - he playing some healthy minutes!

Think positively that his play will improve or…the Debbie-downer effect will prevail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1